Tira - Top 10 Moves

Moroha

[08] Mercenary
As is somewhat tradition around these parts, I wanted to spark discussion on Tira's Top 10 moves. For the sake of conversation, I'm laying out my Top 10 first, then going into more detail with my opinions on her best moves in general. (Note: As we're waiting on official frame data still, I'm guesstimating frames based on previous incarnations of these moves. I'm also leaving personally leaving her SC moveset out of this post since I haven't had enough time with them; JS 66AAA, JS 66BB, JS 236K, GS A,K,A and GS 6A+G Throw all seem really strong.)

My Top 10
-----------
JS 6A
JS 66A
JS 22B
JS WR K
GS 3A
GS 3B
GS 1K
GS 6B LH
GS 2A+B
GS 66A,K

In Jolly Stance;
5[A] - Decent high mid mid that's very solid on block (Only -4) and can throw your opponent off tempo.
6A - Reasonably fast, advancing high into optional mixup (6AA/6AB). Very solid poke.
66A - Covers step and duck, fast advancing mid with optional second hit (66AA). GREAT move, but also RISKY - launch punishable at around -20.
22B - Might be her best poke in JS. Double hitting mid, -2ish on block, long range hitbox that sits out there for a good while.
66B - Safe mid launcher.
WR K - Iconic Tira move since she was introduced in Calibur 3, it tech crouches, it tech jumps, it's fast, it's a mid. Crazy good.

In Gloomy Stance:
3A - TC mid, NC into the high followups. Wallsplats, good damage. Can be lightly punished on block and launch punished if the high portion is ducked.
4A - Don't sleep on the 4A. Yes it's high, but it's funny frames on block at -6ish, so you can attempt a cheeky turn steal after, and combos to 66K on hit for big damage.
66A,K - NCC, 16fish mid mid, safe on block, the K portion will knock down on hit. This is a new tool, and so far, it's looking like a strong addition to her toolkit.
3B - Tech crouching launcher, lightly punishable on block, monster range, big damage.
6B - While a good ranged safe mid poke on its own, when the Lethal Hit is active it's got party time combo damage.
66B - Wheel of doom, hits grounded, mid, safe on block.
1K - Obnoxious unseeable low ankle kick that is neutralish on block and hits grounded.
2A+B - TJ advancing mid, combo on counterhit, -3ish and forces crouch on block, this is one of her most powerful tools from midrange in GS.

In Both:
6K - 17f kick with pushback and decent on block (-6) so you can look for whiff punish opportunities, RO's / wallsplats in front on hit.
2K - Obnoxious TC low poke that hits grounded.

Honorable Mentions:
22A - Lightly punishable safe mid, combos to JS 4K transform chance or GS 3A for potential big time wall combo. Great corner pressure move.
WR B - Mid launcher, confirmable stun into WRK,K.
2B+K - This funny little GIing / throw combo move seems to be the most reliable way to get into Gloomy with no meter, though the throw will bounce back to JS often.
JS 6B,B - New in SC6, 6B,B is a safe mid mid string. Not terrible to play will I do the second hit / won't I mind game.
JS 66A+B - Advancing horizontal mid that appears to have some TJ frames; wallsplats and ROs to the front.
GS 6A - Solid fast ranged high poke, can continue into 6A,B which is new.
GS A+B - Fast for a raw GC move. The JS variant of this is slower (but gains GI properties)
GS 4A+B - Wallsplatting anti step high, kind of slow. This and GS 236K are the moves I really want to know the frame data on block for.
GS 236K - I want this move to be good and have use, but I'm holding out until we see frame data on it.

Last edited:
I've been pretty impressed with her 3K. While it may not lead into any combos, it's a solid mid poke that has some reach to it, allows you to maintain your distance if need be, appears to move pretty quickly, & gives you enough time to GI after it's blocked.

GS 66AK is good to get in close and is safe, on hit it gives knockdown and 44(B) okie wich is safe on block

AND we got framedata now (imp only) so feel free to lab the on block frames :3

Last edited:
I've been pretty impressed with her 3K. While it may not lead into any combos, it's a solid mid poke that has some reach to it, allows you to maintain your distance if need be, appears to move pretty quickly, & gives you enough time to GI after it's blocked.

6K is good for me for similar reasons. Fast enough to poke and only barely minus with a surprising amount of push back from a simple kick

Back