TO NAMCO: Rock Glitches

D_Matt_Ma

[10] Knight
Hi Namco. This thread is dedicated to explaining Rock glitches and potential fixes to these glitches. This thread is ONLY for glitches. Please patch these when you get the chance.

----------Move: 4K, A_2A+G_2B+G-----------

Glitch: If this move hits a crouching opponent on counterhit, the opponent can hold the guard button and become invincible to BOTH the crouch throws and the high follow-up.

Fix 1: Make the 4K stun longer on counterhit, ESPECIALLY for crouching opponents.
Fix 2: Make the 4K force opponents to stand.
Fix 3: Get rid of the G glitch so holding guard doesn't make them recover faster.

Comments: Fix 3 would be ideal, although if it is not possible, Fix 1 would be a good alternative. Fix 2 would be the easiest from a programming side.

----------Move: 1K, Ground throw------------

Glitch: The opponent can tech roll all the ground throw follow-ups.

Fix 1: Make the throw come out faster after 1K.
Fix 2: Make the 1K stun when hitting a grounded opponent.
Fix 3: Allow for a crouch throw follow up to 1K.
Fix 4: Make the ground throw a Just Frame follow-up for it to be guaranteed.

Comments: Fix 1 would be ideal, as it keeps the original concept of the move. Fix 2 would also work in that it makes the move work. Although Fix 3 would be the funnest fix, having so many ground throws with similar inputs risks bad things happening. Fix 4 works if you feel the move would be too good without JF timing.

----------Moves: Ground throws--------------

Glitch: Even though half of all ground throws juggle the opponent and can be escaped, all the ground throws are damage scaled. Furthermore, they are throws, meaning these are escapable juggles. Throws that can only be accessed through combos should either be guaranteed or not damage scaled.

Fix 1: Make ground throws not get damage scaled by turning off the damage scale system (similar to how throws have been in previous soul caliburs)
Fix 2: Make ground throws do substantially more damage.

Comments: Ground throws being damage scaled does not make sense given that they are technically juggles. Fix 1 clearly is the best fix. Fix 2 does work, however would still be suspect to damage scaling, and thus the damage increase would have less impact. As a suggestion the juggle ground throws (1B+G and 3A+G) should deal 10 more damage to offset damage scaling by 1.5 hits. The 2A+G crouch throw should deal 5 more damage to offset damage scaling by 1 hit. Finally, 3B+G should deal 4 more damage and 1A+G should deal 5 more damage to offset damage scaling by .5 hit.

-------------Move: FC3K---------------

Glitch: This move stuns only when hitting the opponent's left side. It has different properties when hitting any other side of an opponnet.

Fix 1: Make it stun all the time.
Fix 2: Make it never stun
Fix 3: Make it stun on Counter Hit only

Comments: This may have been a testing property that was not fully removed. Please make this move more consistent.

Hopefully Namco reads this.

You still keeping the barbarian, Draco?

Yes. Every time I find something good, I am only disappointed seconds later due to some garbage inconsistency that Namco has programmed into Rock. I bet you they were gunning for me from day 1, cause I've found new stuff since day 1 only to find it fails day 2.

Back