Today's 8WAYRUN Platform Updates...

• Admin
As you all have probably noticed, this website has been down for a large part of today. This downtime was in order to update the XenForo platform we use to the most recent version. This post is to explain many of the new features you will find, as well as try to explain the current known bugs.

This is a rather large update so please be patient with the changes.

New Features:
  • Redactor Post Editor - Previous versions of XF used the TinyMCE editor, which we all hated. This new Redactor editor looks significantly different, is much lighter and handles pasting better. It also supports dragging and dropping for image uploads and a different approach the smilie display. In addition, it also saves a "draft" of your post every 60 seconds.

• @username Tagging - You can now tag people to your posts and they will be alerted.

• Thread Title Editing - Users can now edit the title of their threads.

• Post Edit History and Logging - In addition of users being able to see the time for the most recent edit of a post; staff members will be able to see a full history of edits to a post, as well as inline differential analysis of posts.

• Signature Permissions - We can now more directly control what's in people's signatures. Harder limits have been put in signatures, including the inability to embed videos directly in them. As usual, becoming a premium member will put a lax on these restrictions.

• Forum Watching - You can now watch a specific forum, instead of just threads.

• User Merging - Some people have multiple accounts; we can now merge those accounts together.

This is just a small slice of the many new features available for average users. There are also many other features that are available only to staff members and administrators that I will not get into here.

There are some known bugs right now. This new version changes a lot in the way Javascript and Stylesheets are handled. Lots of browsers will cache JS and CSS files, so it may be a few hours before you get the new files, unless you manually refresh your browser cache. Certain features will appear broken until your cache gets updated.

Also keep in mind that while the software has all been updated to match the XenForo update, the skin we use here has not been updated yet and it will take a few days/weeks until we find all the issues and iron them out. There are just so many changes that it would be impossible to find all the issues in a sand-boxed environment. So if you find any issues, please let us know.

The Flexile skins have been completely disabled until these issues can be fixed.

Jason Axelrod

Jason Axelrod

Owner and Operator of 8WAYRUN
http://gallery.minitokyo.net/download/563252 testing the link like this ? hmm Some of the minitokyo links are ok and some are not, which is weird because it was working in the morning I was testing.

Anyways minitokyo has some gigantic ones, so I suppose you can search for that specifically
I'll look into it later in the week.
Some of the jpegs are up to 10 megs, but some that are some are down to 700 kb for a respectable size
How do I upload it says it is too big??

Last edited:
I've disabled the backgrounds and header images on mobile devices... should speed up for a lot of people.

Could be me since I had recently downloaded ios7 on my iphone.

But typing posts with my phone is incredibly painful. Its like its lagging really bad. Almost like there is still something trying to load up on the page and my typing is interfereing with it. Ive tried other websites, seems fine, other apps ok, text messages seem fine.

Im typing this on my work PC atm. But last night I wanted to throw my phone through a wall cause I would type a whole sentence and kept having to delete it and type all slow and shit so my phone would keep up.

Like I said, could very well be on my end. Im not sure. Thought I would let you know.

@Hot Rod Dave
Refresh and COMPLETELY load a page SIX times, then try typing again and tell me if you are still having issues. This will help me debug the issue.

Hey man, I had no choice. Most of my apps stopped working! Im one of those mindless, iphone useres that has no real clue what Im doing!

@Jaxel Dunno if you got things cleared up. But it seems to me, that the longer the post is, the more and more it starts to lag. Like it might have something to do with that "saving draft" thing. I dunno. Just something I observed the other night. Still could very well be me retarded ass, if so Im sorry for making you jump through un-needed hoops!

Live streams

3 Viewers
Diabro420
Diabro420
FGC Fridays Warmup Session : SC6

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mrdaniyel
Back