Today's 8WAYRUN Platform Updates...

• Admin
As you all have probably noticed, this website has been down for a large part of today. This downtime was in order to update the XenForo platform we use to the most recent version. This post is to explain many of the new features you will find, as well as try to explain the current known bugs.

This is a rather large update so please be patient with the changes.

New Features:
  • Redactor Post Editor - Previous versions of XF used the TinyMCE editor, which we all hated. This new Redactor editor looks significantly different, is much lighter and handles pasting better. It also supports dragging and dropping for image uploads and a different approach the smilie display. In addition, it also saves a "draft" of your post every 60 seconds.

• @username Tagging - You can now tag people to your posts and they will be alerted.

• Thread Title Editing - Users can now edit the title of their threads.

• Post Edit History and Logging - In addition of users being able to see the time for the most recent edit of a post; staff members will be able to see a full history of edits to a post, as well as inline differential analysis of posts.

• Signature Permissions - We can now more directly control what's in people's signatures. Harder limits have been put in signatures, including the inability to embed videos directly in them. As usual, becoming a premium member will put a lax on these restrictions.

• Forum Watching - You can now watch a specific forum, instead of just threads.

• User Merging - Some people have multiple accounts; we can now merge those accounts together.

This is just a small slice of the many new features available for average users. There are also many other features that are available only to staff members and administrators that I will not get into here.

There are some known bugs right now. This new version changes a lot in the way Javascript and Stylesheets are handled. Lots of browsers will cache JS and CSS files, so it may be a few hours before you get the new files, unless you manually refresh your browser cache. Certain features will appear broken until your cache gets updated.

Also keep in mind that while the software has all been updated to match the XenForo update, the skin we use here has not been updated yet and it will take a few days/weeks until we find all the issues and iron them out. There are just so many changes that it would be impossible to find all the issues in a sand-boxed environment. So if you find any issues, please let us know.

The Flexile skins have been completely disabled until these issues can be fixed.

Jason Axelrod

Jason Axelrod

Owner and Operator of 8WAYRUN
"The Flexile skins have been completely disabled until these issues can be fixed."

BibleThump.png

Yo, quit bitching about the white, it's not that bad.

These updates are all pretty awesome, especially the title editing for threads and the user tagging feature.

Actually, @Jaxel , the tagging worries me a bit.... trolls could abuse it. Is it possible to prevent certain users from tagging you?

New editor definitely feels faster. Still doesn't support hotkeyed indentation. Members tab and forum watching is awesome.

Actually, @Jaxel , the tagging worries me a bit.... trolls could abuse it. Is it possible to prevent certain users from tagging you?
8wayrun.com/account/alert-preferences
Currently you can only turn all alerts off from tagging.

Also keep in mind that while the software has all been updated to match the XenForo update, the skin we use here has not been updated yet and it will take a few days/weeks until we find all the issues and iron them out. There are just so many changes that it would be impossible to find all the issues in a sand-boxed environment. So if you find any issues, please let us know.

The Flexile skins have been completely disabled until these issues can be fixed.

suck it up and quit whining.

I like the watch forum function, but i miss the "Home>Forum>8wayrun.com>news or whatever" tabs on the bottom of the page that allowed me to directly jump from thread to sub forum or forum after reading the last post.

Live streams

2 Viewers
Diabro420
Diabro420
FGC Fridays Warmup Session : SC6

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mrdaniyel
Back