B?
K

SE

A
B
K

Best moves imho:
2A
4K (old panic left step killer its high though)
6K old TJ option against 2A

44K TJ steppable on left i think but beats 2As and has range...combo with 2B at foot tip.

44AB should be tested on hit for preps followups unviable on block in all options.
6B

4B old TC for specific matchups (Nightmare,/sieg/astaroth and most heavy hitters).

236:B same old long range punishers now with slightly reduced range.

1A seems sorta slower but still effective expecially on grounded opponents at range (ex after CE).

3B TC launcher (guess unsafe dunno how much).

44B Huge nerf yet will still evade few Attacks at tip but risks whiffing not sure how reliable TC is but for sure not to use at short/mid range

4A+B,A as Always looks like a low but its a mid. Dunno if hit confirmable but decent round finisher also trap on people rolling right (why should anyone roll right though since 66A+B no longer hits left?).

Everything else seems weaker

Moves that imho suffered more:
Trophy goes to 66A this shouldn't even be considered (steppable on left short range, slow its a joke).
AB lost all tracking properties too risky now against good players
66A+B losing tracking its a problem.

SEK they nerfed range so much that it became just a combo piece.
Prep KKB is not hit confirmable afaik…. if unsafe its a huge risk out of combos (afaik after anything but succesful 3B)

I like this list a lot.

How do you feel about 1A? I quite like the reach on it and it's a great poke for oki at midrange. I've had 1B be rolled or stepped enough to try it out and I think it's decent. Haven't looked at it's frame data however.

Also, I'm failing to properly implement 44AB. Is it just the best step-counter that transitions into prep? I've been using 22_88AB for that, but it's slow.

Minor edit: AR should be AG

yeah its good move but i prefer 1B prep and set up or 1K.

yeah 22_88AB is slow, so for me 44AB is better on ch you have prep AB prep KKB guaranteed but 22_88AA i better solution 46BB is NC and it faster then 22_88AB :)

Top 10 currently:
1) WS BB~46 - leads to what is probably the best damage from a fast punish in the game
2) 6B~46 - between this and WS BB Raph has the punishment game covered, if they're -10 on anything they will eat damage
3) AG AB - super good step catch, mid/mid natural combo that combos into 6B on normal hit, only -10 despite range so it's pretty safe against many
4) SE B - essential combo starter and a break attack to keep people from trying to GI when they see SE
5) 1K - very reliable step catch and tech jump, making this and 6K into good 2A killers
6) Prep CE - Fast startup, easily comboable, break attack, plus on guard
7) 3B - really underexplored oki move, great at walls/ring edge, tech catch
8) 2A - if it hits they have to guard WS BB or eat an iPrep combo
9) 236B - now that it's only -10 a lot of characters have to respect it at range, plus the lethal hit on punish is quite juicy
10) 4A - evasive step killer with a stun on normal hit, may not be safe but if you can read well it'll do you some favors

EDIT: Updated now that I've had a couple of months to get used to things

Last edited:
wrBB~46 is insane. I used to think SC5's wrB being i13 was amazing.. now we have a i10 punish that can lead to a knockdown combo with BB~46~prepKK:B or even CE

Raph having 2 decen ranged i10 pokes is pretty insane

wrBB~46 is insane. I used to think SC5's wrB being i13 was amazing.. now we have a i10 punish that can lead to a knockdown combo with BB~46~prepKK:B or even CE

Raph having 2 decen ranged i10 pokes is pretty insane
Wait - what? KK:B is combo? I’ve been using BK like some sort of savage.

Edit: Tested, and it does link on NH. It can also RO without the :B. It does more damage but feels tighter in the input. I can get it out about 50% of the time right now, but BK/BB works 90%+. Not sure how effective it'll be in the heat of the moment, but then again - we have years to practice.

Last edited:
You also forgot 4A+BA which can lead to a snaky low attack,
4BKBB, which has a parry + can homing at a strafing opponent,

And you didn't added his SC moves, like his 2A+BB when the opponent in on the ground.
Still, I use most of these moves.

I decided to update my top ten. Some moves were on there that didn't make sense anymore.

Although I'll probably have to update it again after the next patch hits, from the sound of it.

For now mine changed a lot:
1) 6B
2) WRB
3) 66B+K
4) 3B
5) B+K
6)2A
7)2K
8)1K
9)4A
10)AG,A
11*) 33/99B

Don't like SE a lot since its almost reactable even on HIT...it needs an awesome spacing to be of any use but at that point it has step G as universal answer (despite SE B tracks a little even after patch).

To tell the truth i currently use almost all moveset.

I still need to be more effective with 2B+K, 6B+K 8A+B and 3A

Any tip on the first 3 would help a lot.

In addition to most of the above, I've also been getting a lot of mileage out of 6AA, especially against people who automatically default to "herpderp it's raph, I'm just gonna step all day".

Back