Top 10 Moves

A+KB is used to pick up grounded opponents.

Useful when someone grounded techs, or after CHwrB, A+G, CH11A.

I don't use A+K,B at all except in combos and occasionally on opponents that like to stay grounded.

A+K,A is pretty good for regular use though.

Hitting someone trying to finish you off with a 2K in the head with A+K, B is extremely satisfying.

Hello, I'm new...

but anyway, I'll give this a go... (in no particular order)

1) bA - for reasons already stated
2) 236 B+K - do a barrel roll!
3) 22_88 A+B:A - combos
4) A+K:B - great after a stun
5) agB - great launcher/combos
6) 2 A+B - distance and WR possibilities
7) 2143 aB - UMBRELLA
8) 44 B+K - great distance, a bit unsafe though
9) 11_77 A - crouching low
10) 33_99 B - great for combos, hits downed opponents

I'm still in the process of learning Sets... :P

My Top 10

1. 33_99B
2. aB
3. B+K Series
4. 2143aB
5. A+KB
6. 2K
7. 44B+K
8. 2A
9. 1B:B
10. 2B+K

oops I meant bA

I just pulled these off the top of my head so I'm sure I'm forgetting stuff, but I didn't include throws even though that is a given.

1) 33b - fast, gets me close, good combo followups
2) throws - good damage and both throws are good. my main high mixup up close
3) 1a:A:a - good damage, my main low mixup up close
4) b+k series - stupid damage, my main mid mixup that is whored after they duck in fear of the above two :p
5) umbrella - fast tech crouching punish
6) 1b:b - this is so good, so much damage for an easy JF. excellent post GI and sometimes use it on wake as a mid mixup that also hits grounded.
7) 66a+b - SG damage, decent frames on block though not a trap.
8) 3b - SG damage, between this and 66a+b i got 2 great sg damage moves with varying speeds.
9) 2a+b - safe against some chars, good pushback, damage and sg damage
10) a+kb - combos and for grounded.

aa, bb, 2a goes without saying.

1.B+K series- the health just chunks off
2.Umbrella- To wicked combos like hell
3.1A: A: A- good if you can hit it
4.33B- Can sidestep and stuns on CH
5.A+K_B- Bread and butter for combos
6.66A+B- It's amazing how many people I've played that get hit by that
7.bA- friggin sick TC and has range
8.Throws-Self explanatory
9.BT B+K: B- Can ringout and is unexpected
10.aB- Broken a whole bunch of soul gauges with it

didn't know where to put my specific question, but here goes:

if my opponent knows how to tech out of A+G~A+K, B... what should i use as a replacement tech trap?

if my opponent knows how to tech out of A+G~A+K, B... what should i use as a replacement tech trap?

You can use 33B, though that doesn't add a lot of damage to it.

A+G into A+KB is guaranteed against most characters. There are a few characters that can escape it by teching right (Xianghua and Astaroth come to mind). The general rule of thumb here is if they begin teching to escape the A+KB, do 11B or 2A+B.

This should go in the Setsuka Q&A thread btw

1-33B
2-WRK
3-3A
4-B+K series
5-1:A:A:A
6-2B+K
7-WRA
8-WRB
9-11A
10-236 &214

Y say the stuff u kno is there?throws ,umbrella and the known combo enders 22A+B A pretty much all JFs even A:G:B when it decides to work.

2B+K on block pushes back, forces crouch, and is only -3 on block. This is a good move imo. Most characters WS moves are i15 and up. This means most WS moves will trade with with JF umbrella. There are a couple of characters such as Cassy, Cervy, as well as a couple more who have really slow WS moves. They will get beat if they try to attack after 2B+K blocked. Also with kilik who's WSK is i15, regular umbrella will beat out any option he has because the pushback will cause WS K to whiff. This move could be evil when you have your opponent with his back towards the ring. Even if they have an i15 WS move, your JF umbrella will trade hits and you'll get the ring out.

I feel like I need to revisit this list after a *lot* more work with Sets. Here's what I have:

1.) Umbrella - I use this as a punisher, frame trap, RO tool... you name it, it gets used. I had to change the language from English just because "End of the line" was starting to get on my nerves.
2.) 33B - Closes space, great punisher from step, and safe enough to occasionally frame trap people with an umbrella afterward
3.) Throws - They're both great, and they give the opponent one of the very few reasons to block low, which sets them up for...
4.) B+K series - One of the most damaging, coolest looking moves in the game. On rare occasion you can even set your opponent up to ringout from behind with this, which is always fun.
5.) 2A - Great frames, great poke, can lead to confusing mixups for your opponent
6.) 1 A : A : A - The other reason to block low. And a very good reason.
7.) 2B+K - Great for wakeup and for frame traps.
8.) 44B+K - Fantastic, fast punisher. I'm still learning all the moves I can punish with this.
9.) 1B:B - B&B
10.) A+K, B - B&B, great for discouraging mixup when you think your opponent is going to attack low

Really, it's hard to pick just 10. I frequently use A+K A, 22A+B A, 2A+B, 66A+B, 3A, 2143B:B, and less frequently 4K, 4A, 11A, bA, and 66B A. She just has so many great moves in her toolbox that it's easy to see why so many people consider her top tier.

Basic stuff(AA, BB, 2A, 2K, Throws...)
WC 3aB
33B
4A
2A+B
1B:B
1A:A:A
11A
66BA

And other stuff I use -
214 & 236
B+K combos
3B
Her WR moves

my top 10 would be...
*my main is AsTa so no need to mention how much i whore her throws... cause great damage, RO chance, able to cancel from dashes... only wish she had AsTa's throw range*
1. 214~3a:B - anytime i am atleast at +0-1 against any character my opponent should think twice before attacking... great distance and damage for an i12 move... rings out, wall splats, tech crouches, tech traps, good combo ender... etc...
2. 33B - huge range... awesome whiff punisher... good dmg on either hit... safe...
3. 2B+K - my favourite move of her... on block sets up A+B auto-gi... or i can try and umbrella for CH... or back step and 33B... on hit umbrella is a tech trap... so its a 50/50... stay down and eat A+K, B to umbrella or get up and eat umbrella... lol...
4. A+K, B - best anti-ground... forces the opponent to give me a wake up game when grounded... essential in combos...
5. 214~3A+B - though kind of unsafe... this is her best tech crouch... decent range... unshakeable stun on normal hit for over 1/4 bar...

Back