Top 10 Pyrrha moves

AS B:4
3A+B
B+K (B:4)
2B (B:4)
May I ask why, you put the JF versions of the AT for 2B, B. AS B. and B+K, B? The non-JF version is better. Yes it does 10 less damage but it actually leaves the opponent at your feet giving pretty decent oki. And 66A+B is better than 3A+B since it does a little bit more damage. Wait, and where are the grabs and the 22_88K?

May I ask why, you put the JF versions of the AT for 2B, B. AS B. and B+K, B? The non-JF version is better. Yes it does 10 less damage but it actually leaves the opponent at your feet giving pretty decent oki. And 66A+B is better than 3A+B since it does a little bit more damage. Wait, and where are the grabs and the 22_88K?
Assuming you mean AS B4, 2B B4, etc. Yes, you do get mildly better Oki for the none-JF version. However-
AS B:4, B+K B:4, 2B B:4, as you mentioned give better damage. Possible RO, and you still have Oki to run off of, no matter the distance. Saying that "none JF versions are better" is an opinion- one I wouldn't encourage anyone to listen to.

66A+B, I actually use more so than 3A+B. I didn't realize there was a damage difference, but that's good to know. As for Grabs- I presume grabs would be on any "top moves" list. Hence, why I didn't add them. Expectancy to implement grapples should pertain to every character. I didn't feel like I needed to highlight that information. 22_88K is a good move; I haven't implemented it, personally, so I didn't add them. I'm not going to establish knowledge of a move if I haven't found use for it myself. I do, however, think there are better TC's to use- refer to list.

22_88K is a good move; I haven't implemented it, personally, so I didn't add them. I'm not going to establish knowledge of a move if I haven't found use for it myself. I do, however, think there are better TC's to use- refer to list.
22k is amazing man, it's highly evasive and does insane damage if you land the jf stab for a safe tech crouch/tech step/ANTI STEP move, its only weakness is it's high, and i guess its range. Since many character's anti step moves are either high or unsafe and mid (for pyrrha) it's soooo powerful when used well.

On my list I forgot 2a and 2k, both of which are very useful also.

Top 10 Moves for Pyrrha IMO

[66B BE] Powerful pressure move. Gets an approx. 80 damage combo with great okizeme mix up positioning, and works well as a tech catcher too. Move's only real weakness is the JG since stepping the 2nd hit is deceptively challenging.

[236B4] Pyrrha's signature power punisher. The move that gains her respect since you know if you use something that is worse than -14 on block, you're getting stabbed. I surprisingly tend to prefer the "on-hit" version to the JF 236B:4 due to a much better oki situation. The damage sacrificed isn't that much either. However, the flame effect from 236B:4 is sexy though...

[66A] My general purpose horizontal approach move.

[66K] My mid-range interrupt move. Great frames and a nice little launch for a CE.

[6BK] Close range "mix-up" pokes. The K is almost guaranteed in most situations

[236AA] Mid-close range whiff punisher. The TC ability from the AS makes this great against predictable highs too. Can be BE'd to increase safety or to change up the opponent's rhythm.

[3A] Very nice close-range stepkill with TC ability, and deceptive range and speed.

[4B] My guard pressure move of choice. If you see your opponent's health gauge blinking red and they're turtling up, just throw this move out. Such sweet guard damage. It helps that the move *ahem* looks mid, can catch some step, has deceptive range and is safe on block. To top it off, after a guard burst, this move leads to the best comboes.

[22K] Great stepping move with quick frames and a juicy stun. Now if only we could find a use for 22kK.

[1K] Gotta face it. Pyrrha's lows suck pretty hard. To make up for it, I spam this move every chance I get. 19 dmg turns to 38 dmg and even 57 dmg in some situations (now you see why I prefer 236B4, since this move is almost guaranteed afterwards). Hit this with the opponent enough and it will add up, then they will start to duck. Once they start ducking, you can ruin them. To add to the aggravation, you can alternate between 4K and 1K, which look similar and force a mid/low mix-up.

Honourable mentions

11AA, WR A+B, BB, 4AB, 3B, 3KK, 11B, 44B+K, 8B+K, 66A+G

Not a Pyrrha player but I gotta say, I'm really scared of 22K. Works like magic against Yoshi, Alpha, Pat and generally any character who lacks horizontal mid step killers, tech crouches, can be mixed up with 22B if opponent starts to crouch, and is extremely painful when it hits. For anyone decent player though, 66B BE is really easy to JG so use it sparingly.

Not a Pyrrha player but I gotta say, I'm really scared of 22K. Works like magic against Yoshi, Alpha, Pat and generally any character who lacks horizontal mid step killers, tech crouches, can be mixed up with 22B if opponent starts to crouch, and is extremely painful when it hits. For anyone decent player though, 66B BE is really easy to JG so use it sparingly.

with yoshi, you can use that one BE move where he sticks his palm out first into a three hit combo if you read 22K coming, you can also use 214A for the tracking low, as well as FC3K, for pat you can use 66A to counter it, as well as 66B if they like to step counter clock wise, i believe there is a 4A or 44A that also works but i am uncertain the notation, youre on your own for aPat cuz i dont know him well enough, but i do recall someone would just duck on reaction when they would see me stepping, and use some kind of while rising B to start a combo

^true that. Yup, that's what I do against 22K if I see it - 214A on reaction when she steps. Though 22B is a mixup for that case if the opponent crouches on instinct after she steps, applies to other characters too. But isn't the main use for 22K meant to be an abare that steps and kills whatever vert an opponent throws out, same concept as like Hilde's 22B?

Btw, just stating the point of view from a non-Pyrrha player here, so do correct me if I'm wrong.

^true that. Yup, that's what I do against 22K if I see it - 214A on reaction when she steps. Though 22B is a mixup for that case if the opponent crouches on instinct after she steps, applies to other characters too. But isn't the main use for 22K meant to be an abare that steps and kills whatever vert an opponent throws out, same concept as like Hilde's 22B?

Btw, just stating the point of view from a non-Pyrrha player here, so do correct me if I'm wrong.

no, youre right it is an abare, but you can still punish it if you read the abare coming

what the hell is an abare? that shit isn't a word. I know, I looked it up.

haha i think drake said that abare literally means to struggle in japanese, but in the context of fighting games, it means to attack at disadvantage, or i guess to struggle against your disadvantage or negative frames, which pyrrha is pretty damn good at i think

Hey guys I don't know if that is the topic for that question, but it is about Pyrra's moves so...

What's the use of Pyrra's :2::B::B:? I'm not certain, but I think that the second hit is blockable even if the first hit get the opponent in most cases, and its range and speed are not that good, leaving it able to be replaced by others such as Pyrra's :2::3::6::B:. So, what you say?

Hey guys I don't know if that is the topic for that question, but it is about Pyrra's moves so...

What's the use of Pyrra's :2::B::B:? I'm not certain, but I think that the second hit is blockable even if the first hit get the opponent in most cases, and its range and speed are not that good, leaving it able to be replaced by others such as Pyrra's :2::3::6::B:. So, what you say?
AS B, should be used primarily as a punisher. As for 2BB... 2B has it's uses. It's pretty fast, and on CH, is hit confirmable to 2BB:4. Also, 2B post guard, you're put into FC.

And for Pyrra's 4AB, is it only hit confirmable on Clean Hit? Becase I think that for the range of the first hit, I think that it is a good whiff punisher and since it is horizontal the opponent can be caught even if they dash laft or right (now that I'm not sure, because I'm still a beginner on punishing effectively).

And for Pyrra's 4AB, is it only hit confirmable on Clean Hit? Becase I think that for the range of the first hit, I think that it is a good whiff punisher and since it is horizontal the opponent can be caught even if they dash laft or right (now that I'm not sure, because I'm still a beginner on punishing effectively).
I should've explained-
CH = Counter Hit. The way to tell if it's a CH is if the move show's a "Red effect" on HIT. NH = Normal Hit. Meaning, no "red effect" on hit.

4AB is only a combo on CH. 4A on HIT leaves you at advantage, but the follow up "B" can be blocked and is unsafe. A substitution for a punisher would be 6B+K. NH leaves you at advantage, and on CH it KND (KNOCKDOWNS).

I use 4A as a zoning-step killer. 4AB KND's on CH, so using it for forward RINGOUT potential is something to get familiar with.

I should've explained-
CH = Counter Hit. The way to tell if it's a CH is if the move show's a "Red effect" on HIT. NH = Normal Hit. Meaning, no "red effect" on hit.

Here is my misunterstanding. I thougth CH meaned Clean Hit. Very sorry about that...

Well then, I think I will go to training mode to check out the CH and NH variations of 4AB and 4AA, because I like this movement. It's pretty fast, and it's range is great also, so it looks like to me a essential move for spacing.

Sorry again for misunderstanding the expressions, I'm still not familiar to them, or the use of numbers to designate the directions.

Here is my misunterstanding. I thougth CH meaned Clean Hit. Very sorry about that...

Well then, I think I will go to training mode to check out the CH and NH variations of 4AB and 4AA, because I like this movement. It's pretty fast, and it's range is great also, so it looks like to me a essential move for spacing.

Sorry again for misunderstanding the expressions, I'm still not familiar to them, or the use of numbers to designate the directions.
Don't worry about it- that's what the forums are here for, to help.

My analysis about 4A is pretty much matching yours. I use it to kill step, at range. Or, throw it out to just keep pressure and zone.

no need for apologies, its okay to ask questions when you are uncertain of something

*pops in*

My favorite is most certainly :2::2::B::+::A::+::K:.

I've always loved it! I also like Trinity Strike as a second favorite.

:2::3::6::2::3::6::A+B+K:

Also, I enjoy pairing :2::2::B::+::A::+::K: with :6::(6)::bA+B+K: !

Hmm...

22_88K
Basics (AA, BB, throws...etc.)
AS B series
22_88BAK
6B+K
4B
66B/BE
AS AA/BE
22_88A
AS K

The Honourable Mentions...