Top 3 characters by Keev, Akire, Daishi, Hyrul, and RTD from World Finals

the player makes Nightmare good, the character isn't that great on his own.
Should be some good ammunition against the "Nightmare is OP" QQ Bandwagon.
I can't watch the video from work but do they address Sieg's whiffing issues and Mitsu's i236(B) glitch?

I think its better for everyone if you asked who the top 3 bottom characters are (aside from the intentional dampierre). You may see buffs this way instead of trying to nerf the top guys.

In fact, for the good of the community you should ask them "who deserves some decent buffs because they've been low or mid-low from SC2 to SC5? Which character has the worse tracking and low damage to boot ? Which character is too reliant on his prep stance despite the stance having obvious counters?"

Yeah as a neutral unbiased question it should initiate some sort of positive change that'll make everyone happy.

I think its better for everyone if you asked who the top 3 bottom characters are (aside from the intentional dampierre). You may see buffs this way instead of trying to nerf the top guys.

This. This right here.

I think pretty much everybody would like to see characters that need help buffed, rather than see effective characters nerfed. Character nerfs virtually always generate more salt than good. I don't play Raph or Siegfried, but I would MUCH rather see them get meaningful buffs (and hitbox repairs...) than see Mitsurugi or Alpha or Cervy or Omega nerfed (full disclosure: Mitsurugi main). Characters are balanced relative to each other. We could get the same balance making patch time like Christmas rather than doomsday. Why the doomsday model is the norm will forever puzzle me.

-Natsu best in the game
-Siegfried one of the worst
-Astaroth possibly top 3
-Ivy no where mentioned

This video is pure silliness.

Also the idea that a character is garbage at first but becomes EXTREMELY good if they "Get in your head" is ridiculous. Just say they are extremely good characters. If they were actually not that great why would they be everywhere and winning just about everything? This video is actually more confusing than enlightening if the creator of the game thinks Siegfried is bad and Natsu is possibly the best. If nightmare is not the best he is certainly somewhere at the top

You'll notice that its also the same circle of people dominating with those characters though so they're just repeat champs if anything.

I doubt that it's simply coincidence that they all happen to be dominating with the same character is the thing.

I doubt that it's simply coincidence that they all happen to be dominating with the same character is the thing.
The factors against you is that some of them have mained that character since SC4 at the least (or have him as a secondary) so naturally they gravitate towards the same character in SC5 and would have spent the most time training and improving them.

The factor for you is that logically a higher tier character should take less effort for more results – and considering how short the life of the game – will help separate first place material from "almost good enough".

Again, nerfing tourney proven characters just because they place consistently (being played by the same handful of people) will cause more harm than good. Looking at the underused characters and buffing them accordingly is a much better idea.

The factor for you is that logically a higher tier character should take less effort for more results – and considering how short the life of the game – will help separate first place material from "almost good enough".

I never said that, nor is it all that true. High tier characters have never been limited by how easy they are to use. A characters difficulty of use has never stopped them from being top tier. In this case it also doesnt apply to the later part of the point that his ease of use ratio is skewed to how effective he is, as the only times he wins is when certain people are playing him, the ones who have knowledge of the character in past titles.

I can say that most likely if Nightmare were garbage he wouldnt be seen winning in spite of loyalty. Even with all their former experience if Nightmare were not first place material, chances are he wouldnt be contending and taking first place. Throughout the series it is true that the top and the high are what dominate the top 3. In the past however it was more like the broken and the top, this game is more balanced than former titles so instead it is now between the top and the high.

As for the last part of your statement i agree completely and i dont think anyone would say otherwise. Buffing the weaker characters to the level of the stronger ones is an ideal situation. It would make balancing difficult, when you considering how they are going to go about buffing each one without taking away what makes them unique, which is why companies prefer to work in both buffs and nerfs, it's just easier to bring the top down and raise the bottom at the same time and hope that it worked out fine.

This statement means one of two things:

1. This guy knows better than the collective opinions of tournament established players and the best players in the world. He must be the best player ever.

2. This guy is a scrub with a big mouth who is frankly cluelesss.

Just sayin'...

It doesnt really matter what ANYONE says, the fact is that a character is consistently in first place or top three for nearly all tournaments since the game's release which speaks volumes of the characters effectiveness. No matter what anyone says, even the creator of the game himself. He could call mitsurugi the worst character in the game, it wouldnt make it true and by believing whatever they say as truth makes you the clueless one. And dont start with the "Legitimacy" of their words because in the matter of character effectiveness and tiers that is something established by actual data and tourney placings. Until something comes along to prove otherwise, some kind of technology or character development is discovered, calling NM one of the best or the best in the game is not by any means a stretch.

Back