[Toronto] The Race to 10,000 Mountain

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dampierre is only banned until everyone can download him. I don't agree with the Devil Jin ban however. The reason for his banning is pretty weak. When we were playing SC2 in the arcades and then console, no one was banned, which included Charades (mimic). What's up with 'em bans?

Devil Jin is banned because as far as we know, he's a CAS character.

Well we'll see as the Mimics might be ban from our tournament this February.
It's stupid to even bring this up as an issue. As if it really matters if mimics are banned in February 4th tourney? No one is going to attempt to master every character in the game in less than 4 days, and then waste $20 entering the tourney just to use a mimic.

Dampierre is only banned until everyone can download him. I don't agree with the Devil Jin ban however. The reason for his banning is pretty weak. When we were playing SC2 in the arcades and then console, no one was banned, which included Charades (mimic). What's up with 'em bans?
The Devil Jin ban makes sense because there is no character available to represent him, since is his only available in Create-a-Soul. However, if the community can just decide on a standard CaS template such as default body size, male, samurai pre-set parts etc, then I don't see how that would be a problem.

There is a whole debate about it here.

And in SC2 there was indeed an unwarranted ban: Necrid. It was never proven that Necrid was broken or more overpowered than any of the other top tiers in the game, the reason was simply "because fuck Necrid". Then again back then there was a community leader who dictated the rules, WCMaxi, who was a Namco employee and everyone listened to him, even though he was a bit of a douche.

Right now we have another Namco employee in the community, FilthyRich, who's title is "Namco community manager". Although that seems to be a fake title now since he isn't managing anything, he just goes around promoting the game. He's not standing up to the plate as a Namco rep in regards to giving us a standard ruleset so that our community doesn't get divided into what should and shouldn't be allowed.

Instead we have elitist 8wr moderators who feel they need to be the community leaders simply because of their "status" on the forum. Now I wouldn't mind so much if it weren't for the fact that some of them come off as elitist dicks to new and casual players (not gonna name names, but I've received and seen plenty of complaints regarding this).

What this community needs is a leader who is a Namco rep, is not an elitist dick, and is someone people will respect and look up to.

If Namco is God, we need a prophet to deliver their commandments.

Anyways that's my rant for the day.

All of TTT's touranaments will will follow 8wayrun.com's rules as I stated many times.
Although I hate the fact that mimics will be allowed, it's a rule that we have to follow until further notice.
Meaning, we don't know what to do with them yet since they may or may not change hitboxes. We will wait for the actual game to be out before passing judgement.

NeoRussell

In my humble fucking opinion....

Devil Jin is a unique character, whom not only acts as a guest, but will be able to bring THOUSANDS (or some number) of new players to the game, just for the reason that he is from another related fighter and would act as a stepping stone to anyone that wants to learn to play. We should not alienate these players because of hit boxes. We should all set up a "standard" Devil Jin character, where NOTHING ELSE MATTERS except the size of the character. We don't even know if there will be hit box issues. I mean, if someone comes and wants to use Devil Jin, we should allow him, as long as he uses a custom size (3?) for his model. After that good to go.

Also. Ban Ezio.

Wait, allow DJ because you don't want to turn off new player from SC, but Ban Ezio. LOL

What this community needs is a leader who is a Namco rep, is not an elitist dick, and is someone people will respect and look up to.

If Namco is God, we need a prophet to deliver their commandments.

Anyways that's my rant for the day.

So you're saying the community should have someone like you in charge? Some one who doesn't see the long term effects.

Hates said it best
It's not Rich's job to be the final arbiter of our tournament rules.

Obviously the Ban Ezio is an attack at OOF, (Ban Star Wars?).....but really I dont think we need to BAN anything.

Except Boss Zasalamel when he gets announced.

In my humble fucking opinion....

Devil Jin is a unique character, whom not only acts as a guest, but will be able to bring THOUSANDS (or some number) of new players to the game, just for the reason that he is from another related fighter and would act as a stepping stone to anyone that wants to learn to play. We should not alienate these players because of hit boxes. We should all set up a "standard" Devil Jin character, where NOTHING ELSE MATTERS except the size of the character. We don't even know if there will be hit box issues. I mean, if someone comes and wants to use Devil Jin, we should allow him, as long as he uses a custom size (3?) for his model. After that good to go.

Also. Ban Ezio.

My overall main concern about DJ style is this - was it balanced with the rest of the styles... at all? Or did they just throw it in there, say "good enough" and leave it at that since they didnt expect the style to be used in a tournament environment?

And that's probably something we need either learn from PS or find out ourselves through testing. If it's a balanced or shittier style, then I hope it gets allowed in tourneys. EWGF's in Soul Cal seem strangely fitting.

IMO (not that it matters) I like to follow from a traditionalist POV.

Anything outside the SC cast (for example guest characters) as well as characters that are loosely represented (Devil Jim, Amy, Dampierre, Hwang, Li Long, SC5 Kilik, Angel girl, Algol, Alpha Pat, Omega Pyr etc.) should be banned in my book.

The way I see Soul Calibur is all about the original SC cast and how well they are properly presented.

My overall main concern about DJ style is this - was it balanced with the rest of the styles... at all? Or did they just throw it in there, say "good enough" and leave it at that since they didnt expect the style to be used in a tournament environment?

And that's probably something we need either learn from PS or find out ourselves through testing. If it's a balanced or shittier style, then I hope it gets allowed in tourneys. EWGF's in Soul Cal seem strangely fitting.
This is why I think we should have someone who is employed by Namco (like FilthyRich) to lead the community and have the final say on bans.

It's understandable that ppl want to get their frustration out because they are antsy for the game........ as long as we as a commmunity can stay positive once it actually comes out (8 days btw!!!)

The game looks amazing. I can't wait to play. I'm starting to get over the bottom row of characters. I'll never like them (besdes Edge Master), but hopefully PS will release an updated edition of the game that turns Kilik & Elysium into legit characters, while bringing back Zas & Talim (yes, they were under-used because of their shit tier, but their styles were very unique and they have a lot of potential) plus whatever else PS couldn't finish because of their deadlines.

Also now that OOF admits he's gay for Dampierre; I think it's time for Surione to lay a house rule ban to prevent him from playing with Dampierre.

Get it?! playing with Dampierre.

I never liked the French ban-everything mindset. I'm actually kind of interested in learning how to play the entire cast so I can use the mimics... now THAT would be fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back