[Toronto] The Race to 10,000 Mountain

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lets Hope for a 16 Man Bracket. Like I said I will try my best to be there, but thats Yagna/Temple Time for me, and Steelband/Work, etc, Anniv, whole lotta whoa....

I heart Calibur.

Lets Hope for a 16 Man Bracket. Like I said I will try my best to be there, but thats Yagna/Temple Time for me, and Steelband/Work, etc, Anniv, whole lotta whoa....

I heart Calibur.

What would it take to get you to attend DINO?

Also major props to Reptile for wanting to contribute money to the pot! It would be most appreciated if you can make it (we need an epic Aeon vs. Aeon bout with Wallace) How many people were there for SCV at T13? About 16-20 right?

If people don't want to come out and support the scene because of something so small and trivial, so be it then. I'm fine with sacrificing a couple of stubborn established players in order to gain even just one new player.
EXPLAIN TO ME HOW YOUR LOGIC IS ANY DIFFERENT THAN THE BACKLASH MICROSOFT IS RECEIVING FROM XBOX ONE. PEOPLE ARE DISGUSTED WITH IT BECAUSE MICROSOFT WOULD RATHER APPEAL TO EVERYONE BUT THE PLAYERS THEMSELVES. THEN YOU’RE ACTING LIKE YOU SEE NOTHING WRONG WITH ADDING A NEW “HARMLESS” RULE. YOU CONSTANTLY TRY YOUR BEST TO DEFEND UTTER NONSENSE AND STILL STAND BY IT DESPITE NEGATIVE FEEDBACK, AND EVEN AFTER CONSULTING WITH NO ONE YET STILL INSISTING YOU’RE FOR THE COMMUNITY JUST BECAUSE YOU OFFER SOMETHING RATHER THAN NOTHING.

As for Vints, I have no idea what he is saying. But he actually has the most excuses when he loses, like "it wasnt a MM, or it wasnt a FT10" etc.
FUCK YOU, TOO. NOT ONLY IS THIS A LOADED COMMENT, BUT IT’S COMPLETELY UNCALLED FOR ESPECIALLY SINCE YOU HAD “NO IDEA” WHAT I WAS TALKING ABOUT. I’D LOVE TO ARGUE THE TRUTH OF THE MATTER BY CHALLENGING YOUR STATEMENT, BUT YOU DON’T GIVE A FUCK ANYWAY BECAUSE YOU PREFER TO BELIEVE WHATEVER THE FUCK YOU WANT JUST LIKE OOF. THANKS FOR YOUR USELESS INPUT AS ALWAYS.

I gotta address some points because oof is trying to shift blame on other people.

I've decided to allow DJ, based on people who spoke up it seems more people are ok with him or neutral than there are people who are vehemently against it. At the end of the day allowing DJ equates to "no harm, no foul". There really isn't much harm that can be done to the SC community by allowing DJ in a local tourney. In fact, the real harm to the community comes from individuals who attempt to cause forum drama and boycotts, where as otherwise the show would go on smoothly.
First just to address one issue earlier, people being neutral about about a subject does not mean their on your side. They are indifferent. I could just as easily say "there are more people against it OR NEUTRAL than there are people who are vehemently FOR it.

Russell, I honestly did not expect any Tekken players to come. The point is to have the harmless option of allowing him available so that the potential for new players that may be interested in DJ is there.
I wonder would this be cognitive dissonance? Someone help me out.

And guess what? I already spoke with a player who got into SCV when it first came out and favoured Devil Jin, and ended up dropping the game because we banned his character. He's now interested again and said he will get back into the game and train for the tourney. So this rule has already brought in a new player and the potential for more is still there.

This is the same guy who held up one of the first big tournament we had. The same guy that almost every scene reject because he tries to play ever other game, loses and come up with some excuse. Anyways this is someone who will not stay for the long haul. Did we get any new player from SC4 because of star wars. Hell did we get any new plays because of Ezio, who is tournament legal.

As for established SCV players who choose to boycott because of a rule that will hardly affect them

If someone uses DJ, due to issues of CAS this will affect people combos, or punishment game because of hotbox issue. Your "official standard" does not mean anything because it arbitrary stats you pulled from no where. And this is something that can never be agreed upon because there are to many variables.

I place any blame of detriment to the community because of their actions completely on them, and not on myself or the rule that's in place. Personally I don't think it's worth it to negatively impact the community in that way because they don't agree with a harmless rule.

You place all blame on people choosing not to attend because of the stupid rules you put in place. And then trying to wipe your hand cleans like you did nothing to hurt the community. This is a small minded logic.

If you don't support a product, you don't buy it. Its that simply, it does not mean your a bad person or you did something wrong.

And I wonder if you're thinking along the lines of:
"If this tournament is a success then it all on me but if it fails then the onus is on the people who didn't support it."

Whether it succeeds or fails you will bear the responsibility because you're running it.

I'm fine with sacrificing a couple of stubborn established players in order to gain even just one new player.

I think this is the most telling. From this it is clear Oof is not doing this in the community benefit. As he says he will sacrifice a couple (couple being more than 1) for the possibility of 1 new player. This essentially will result in lower turnout.

In my view from this it really make Oof a detriment to the community. From stuff like this to the putting down the offline scene with his online>offline rant or anytime this guy communicates there is always problems.

-----
Do I expect Oof to actually listen to anything. No, we see time and time again that no mater what argument or evidence he won't listen because he has a has a set ideology. He will try to constrain people in the hope of something. Sound like a religious nut/cult leader.

For other people reading, be aware of the reality. And you should go for the right reasons, not because of false hope.
It sound good to hear "we might get new people/we might get american", but that wont be the reality.

---
Also June 29th a Saturday.

Sorry OOF as much as I admire you for doing something and running your tournament I have to agree with Eli.

As long as you run the show, you take responsibility; it's no good to use naysayers as a scapegoat just to shadow for your own cover up.

Also I had a feeling that sacrificing players would continue to repeat the same cycle or make matters worse. We already lose plenty of players after SC2 including the god father of the SC community.

Nonetheless, I hope not only for you to hold a successful tournament, but ultimately get many newcomers to appreciate and love SC for what it is and not expect another DJ as well as any other guest or Tekken character in the next SC sequel.

I gotta address some points because oof is trying to shift blame on other people.

I think this is the most telling. From this it is clear Oof is not doing this in the community benefit. As he says he will sacrifice a couple (couple being more than 1) for the possibility of 1 new player. This essentially will result in lower turnout.

In my view from this it really make Oof a detriment to the community. From stuff like this to the putting down the offline scene with his online>offline rant or anytime this guy communicates there is always problems.

-----

---
Also June 29th a Saturday.

Damn you beat me to it.
This is actually verryyy telling. Not to mention disturbing..
Heres what this is in a nutshell.

"Id rather sacrifice (A COUPLE) established players for just 1 new face! Seems innocent on ther surface? No its not.
This guy just blatantly showed everyone its his EGO that he's been stroking right through! Here are the key words :
1.) *I* will *Sacrifice*
2.) Basically, he would rather the scene dwindle from 8 regulars to 4 and a new face that *I* brought in.

As long as it's *I* who brought in the new player, I could care less if the scene dies. In my mind its alive, cause its centered around *I*. Look folks *I* did this for the community. I organised a tournament. I sponsored someone $10 folks. Tennnnn buckksss yooo. I'll remind the world forever I sent someone $10 bucks so they could attend a tournament.
*I* *I* *I*.....

Whatever.. Im out. This is just so pathetic and ridiculous.
Nontheless, I still think we should all as players attend the tournament. (No Devil Jin/or else)
/rant.

Also I had a feeling that sacrificing players would continue to repeat the same cycle or make matters worse.
I think you misunderstood me Francis, by "sacrificing" I didn't mean ousting them from the community. I only meant in regards to this tournament. It means if established players don't attend, that's fine because they are established players and probably won't be going anywhere. New players however are gone by default and we need to bring them in. Hope you get my drift.

I think you misunderstood me Francis, by "sacrificing" I didn't mean ousting them from the community. I only meant in regards to this tournament. It means if established players don't attend, that's fine because they are established players and probably won't be going anywhere. New players however are gone by default and we need to bring them in. Hope you get my drift.
I understand better now that you clarify it.

NEwayz I've got your invitation, I'll have to think it over.

Wait.. wait just a minute... wha whh..whha..whhaaattt did i just read?
Did this guy just imply *He* has the power/authority to oust people from the community?
I think I better... go drink a Pepsi and grab my popcorn. Thissss is getting beyonddd weird!

Chu Fye stop taking every little thing I say so literally. You taking things too literally is the whole reason you started your silly little beef against me. People have lives, remember?

Clearly people are still stuck in high school, and let their egos and personal vendettas get in the way of...simply..playing a game.

Vints - Why So Serious (I know asked you this before)

Russel - We understand, you dont care about Soul Cal

Eli - All this name calling and bickering, for what?! To not attend Oofs Tourney, and tell people "watch out" to those who do?

Man, when did running Tournaments become such a hassle. Why can't people just play.

And I was still getting Win Streaks on You LOL

Anyways MM at The Tourney (once I can confirm I can make it) even if you dont enter? FT5 $10?

Man, when did running Tournaments become such a hassle. Why can't people just play.
Not just that, but it's obvious that Scrubymuffins, Eli and Chu Fye do have a silly vendetta against me based on their constant aggressive posts towards me. Meanwhile I just shake my head, ignore them, and carry on with organizing and promoting this tournament.

I understand that these guys get their kicks from forum drama, but unfortunately this isn't the good type of drama. Good type of drama gets people riled up and eager to shut the other person up by beating them in Soul Cal (see: Mick). This shit that these guys always do is detrimental to the community in every way. You have Scrubbymuffins who obnoxiously types in all caps, spouts out his opinions like they're "facts of life", and generally is a try-hard troll that instigates drama. Actually, all three instigate drama. Next you have Eli, this guy has a history if attacking me in the forums every chance he gets. And now I'm here trying to revive this community with a tourney and a set if fresh, more welcoming rules, and this guy is just trying to hold me back by slandering me and boycotting the tournament. Even gong as far as RSVP'ing "NO" in the tournament thread. Lastly you have Chu Fye, overreacted to my posts a while back, started drama against me, and held to it. Now he posts wild biased assumptions and accusations about me to make me out to look like a self centred egomaniac.

Meanwhile I'm here ignoring these fools (until now, sadly), promoting our tournament, and even putting what money I can out of my own pocket to support this damn thing and bring incentive for people to come. These guys aren't making it easy but I'm going to just keep ignoring them and keep doing what I'm doing to make this thing happen. Luckily I have real SC players such as Reptile and Partisan who are supporting me and simply just want to play the damn game. So instead of bickering and instigating drama, which btw doesn't make us look good especially at a time when we're trying to recruit new players, you guys should just shut up and play, and do what you can to support this community and any tournament that anyone decides to make for it, regardless of the rules.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back