[Toronto] The Race to 10,000 Mountain

Status
Not open for further replies.
About the whole Just Guard thing...

At first I shied away from Just Guard, because I heard from so and so that JGs, although great to use, were extremely difficult to use in a real match. I just settled with Patsuka's aGI and ended up not thinking about it until today when you guys started talking about it...

I went into practice mode and started doing it. First I did simple AAs and BBs. Then launchers. Then Natsu's AABBB.

Now I can't stop. It's so addicting. :(

Having the same problem with the guide, I looked all over T.O. The FIRST store I know of that had the UMvC3 guide told me "there isnt a guide for Soul Calibur"

Nobody has them. You could try craigslist or calling local places like game centre and gamarama, or you could order from amazon. It should only take a couple of days and you can probably get express shipping and have it tomorrow.

I dunno about that. If you're referring to amazon.com, they're out of stock again. Supposedly my guide is being shipped tomorrow, and even with express shipping it'll take a while. Amazon.ca still doesn't even have the guide listed as in stock.

Really sad how this guide is so difficult to find here and yet people in the U.S. were able to pick up a copy of the guide at launch with the game.

You guys are gonna have to show me this just guard plinking trick. I've read up how to do it, tried it myself, just can't seem to get it. I'm really only interested in attempting it against strings, and I haven't gotten it to work once against a simple Patroklos B,B.

There are plenty of copies of the strat guide in B-lo if you guys come down. I can scout some out or buy and hold if you promise to come <3

Also JG is amazing but I still have trouble in matches with it. Kinda excited to see anyone who can do it well in tournament matches THIS early. (though not on me :( )

Wish I were in Tdot right now. Been missing on so much!

@Russell: I think those shirts look cool. I wouldn't mind getting the 1st one.

@Aka The JG plinking technology is still very new. From my experience so far, it's still too difficult for me to pull off during a real match. I am not sure if anyone can do it on reaction, but right now, one would have to predict when a certain attack is coming to perform the JG correctly. Until I see it being used consistently in a match, I am not going to say it's OP.

@Kowtow I think the point is not to JG B,B, but guard the first 'B' and then JG the 2nd 'B'. Also I believe it's easier to pull it off with a pad than stick due to PS3's pressure sensitive buttons.

Cha: I'm definitely coming to Buffalo with a crew. Can you purchase one for me and i'll take it off your hands on Saturday? Give me the address for the event as well and time it starts.

NeoRussell

Wow. I don't know what I was thinking when I couldn't figure out who that was. I must be getting old.

Cha: I'm definitely coming to Buffalo with a crew. Can you purchase one for me and i'll take it off your hands on Saturday? Give me the address for the event as well and time it starts.

NeoRussell

The address is in the tourney thread/sig Russ . You have my number as well. I will pick up a guide for you! PM me if you need crash space (would love to get sessions after hours going).

Looking forward to challenging you guys again, this will be a great warm up for Winter Brawl.

Brian, can you pick up a guide for me as well? How much does it cost? I could give Russell the money if he doesn't mind.

@Aka The JG plinking technology is still very new. From my experience so far, it's still too difficult for me to pull off during a real match. I am not sure if anyone can do it on reaction, but right now, one would have to predict when a certain attack is coming to perform the JG correctly. Until I see it being used consistently in a match, I am not going to say it's OP.

yo wen it's all about the strings wen and unblockables, after you learn russell trick, you have no idea how easy it is seriously... and it's only practicable when you SET it up, ie = you 2a... they block... than they want to bb you ; than you JG than punish...or you do it to strings attacks like block the first B of a BB than JG the second B than punish!... once when you get your hands to understand the button press it's smooth sailing from there...

if you can GI in sc2.sc3.sc4 than you can JG in sc5 the same way, instead of 6G now you "JG" simple...
just wait wen i'll show you how i'm going to use it. u'll see

You guys are gonna have to show me this just guard plinking trick. I've read up how to do it, tried it myself, just can't seem to get it. I'm really only interested in attempting it against strings, and I haven't gotten it to work once against a simple Patroklos B,B.

neorussel is your friend lol... he can make you master this technique like he made us

Page, Thanks. Great advice on how to use GI and CE for Nightmare. Those tips help me to think about it in a new direction.
I'm still working on the combo list second edition. Wall combo, Follow up and mix-up haven't been touched yet. There are tons of test I haven't done because SCV's Nightmare has more variety and options than SC4's Nightmare. There are so many options I can pick but still don't know which is the best.

So I practiced JG'ing strings and such in training mode, and I see now that JG is much easier than I thought it would be. I've already started Just Guarding oncoming attacks mid battle. It's not that hard, I just use it like a GI. I don't know what this "Russell Method" is, but I don't think I need it considering I can JG now without learning some fancy trick.

This "Russell Method" better be damn impressive. I'm not a fan of having something called the "Russell Method" in my gameplay, it just feeds his ego. lol

Edit - I'm having issues replying, but I think it could be a IE thing. Trying chrome now.

Reply box is white, and whatever I type, it says please enter a valid message.

I replied to all this JG stuff so many times, only for it not to go through. All I'm saying is JG will be as useful as JIs. Certain times its doable, but its not always ideal. I could go on but its all on the situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back