[Toronto] The Race to 10,000 Mountain

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why do we need a Guide?! What we forgot how to play the game?1 I heard some stuff is dated because of the day 1 patch.

Also I was checking how many users 8WR has. Its almost

original_image.gif

Dino: I think, for people like me, the frame data is needed. Plus, it's much easier to create tutorial videos when there's a guideline to follow. That's just me.

Oofmatic: pls bring your system.
Anybody else that can bring a system with all characters unlocked would be appreciated? Let me know.

NeoRussell

@STD I agree with you that JGing unblockables and string enders is useful; however JGing BB for Xiba doesn't give him any advantages. For example, I can JG Pat's BB, but I can't punish him after. I'll probably see Senior on Fri. Maybe he can show me how JG can be used.

Russell: Bring a system to... A&C? I can probably do that. No Dampierre though.

Dino: Like Russell, I want a frame data reference.

Page: Nice vid. One thing you forgot is that NMs CE does extra damage to airborne opponents. I hit my friend out of a 9B with it last night and I shit you not it did no less than 195 damage. Seriously. We both had to stop and pause because we were laughing so hard at the absurdity. One CE vs. airborne + a 1K won me the round.

Yeah, it's not a big deal. People can have more than one main, but I'd rather have this list be about who people excel at or plan to excel at.

I will consider both Dampierre and Xiba my mains. I plan to learn Ezio, Aeon, and Mitsu soon but will not consider them mains or focus on them like I do with Dampierre and Xiba.

Page: Nice vid. One thing you forgot is that NMs CE does extra damage to airborne opponents. I hit my friend out of a 9B with it last night and I shit you not it did no less than 195 damage. Seriously. We both had to stop and pause because we were laughing so hard at the absurdity. One CE vs. airborne + a 1K won me the round.

@Franz: I've been seeing this happen a lot lately and it also appears that CE's can also at the same time get Clean Hits. So you'll see the damage spike or drop on CE's consistently when they hit. Not sure if you can remember, but was that 9B CH?. This might have added another multiplier to the overall combo damage.

Russell: Bring a system to... A&C? I can probably do that. No Dampierre though.

Please do. I'll let them know your bringing a system.
I'll be there by 5p. Just take one of the TV's from the top left of the venue where the CRT's are.
I've got monitors in the back just in case.

NeoRussell

The OP clearly shows a few players with their name under more than one character, so...
The OP stated that he doesn't count secondaries although the perhaps later in brackets looks vague. Secondary by definition isn't considered a main. What I interpret from this list are mains ppl are gonna to main and I'm aware it can be more than one main.

The thing that confuses me is that C_3 posted that he plans on using Cervy as a secondary (not a main) yet it goes on the list. Unless he meant Cervy as his second main then that clears up the fog.

franman, I think you're taking this list way too seriously.

How about this, whatever characters you guys plan on mastering, goes into this list.

I'm over serious for giving constructive criticism on your thread...

No offense but you outta make things clear. I would careless if I'm the only one talking about this.

Sorry I'm a big fan of professionalism as well as clear communication and as well as consistency it's just how I roll.

@STD I agree with you that JGing unblockables and string enders is useful; however JGing BB for Xiba doesn't give him any advantages. For example, I can JG Pat's BB, but I can't punish him after. I'll probably see Senior on Fri. Maybe he can show me how JG can be used.

wen what you're saying is " a character issue" not a "JGing" issue..... if your character can't do anything after said move, while 90% of the cast can? than the problem is not the JG...........
i can JG pat's bb and i can punish/or CE if i'm stocked....see what i mean?

I guess it's too bad for you then franman. This is as clear as it's gonna get. Like I said, this list isn't that big of a deal. It's just to get an idea of the character usage in Toronto.

So I guess I should take it that C_3's Cervantes as his main not as a secondary as he literally posted ... so be it.

You can always strive for better improvement in terms of clarity but I guess you're not opened for that.

Sorry for derailing your thread but I find it confusing sometimes to understand your intentions.

wen what you're saying is " a character issue" not a "JGing" issue..... if your character can't do anything after said move, while 90% of the cast can? than the problem is not the JG...........
i can JG pat's bb and i can punish/or CE if i'm stocked....see what i mean?
I think he mean some of slow characters doesn't have good option to hit opponent after JG.
Mm.... Nightmare too.

I just update it with what people tell me. I deleted the "mains only" part from the original post to make you happy.

Anyone who feels their name deserves to be under a character in this list, let me know and I'll put your name up.

But anyways I'm open to suggestions. Right now the list seems fine, but if perhaps it will get messy with to many people under multiple characters.

Perhaps I should restrict it to people's top two characters?

As for restricting the only two characters I wouldn't recommend that. Although I want things to be clear I also love things to be flexible but I do hope our new players understand the difference btwn mains, secondaries, tertiaries etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back