[Toronto] The Race to 10,000 Mountain

Status
Not open for further replies.
Giving guys a hernia again, Oof?

If anyone 's at AnC tomorrows around 4 or 6 something like that, I will be there. It works out nicely with an event occurring on the university campus into the evening. Gonna see some old faces and share my formal systems wisdoms.

Dead community is dead.

How about a defibrillator shock?!

SCV Gathering at my place Friday April 5, followed by EVIL DEAD at the Yonge/Sheppard cinema.

Sami confirmed. Who else wants to join?!

Just heard the news of a fatal shooting in Yorkdale Mall in the parking lot area.

Since we know Emlarr works in Microsoft there, hope she, her staff and many others are alright.

Alright guys I'm still not happy about SC not getting a chance at TRK2, so I'm gonna attempt to initiative and make us an SC tournament. Hopefully I can get some help. By help even something as small as replying with a post of your show of support can go a long way.

We have a venue (A&C) and we really should take advantage of it. We are very fortunate to have A&C considering how much we struggled to get venues for our tournaments in the past during SC2, SC3 and even 4.

As for dates, I'm thinking in about 2 months. Perhaps Sat June 15. But I'd like to get the details set in stone sooner than later so we can make an announcement thread a good time in advance for any potential outsiders.

Now the most important thing we need is hype. I'd like to potentially get some Americans interested im coming. For that we need:

-Vocal local support, that means if you support this tournament POST your support. Here and especially in the tournament thread.

-Outsider support. Big names will bring big hype. If we can get people like Partisan, Reptile, and Vince to come down to Toronto for this it will definitely get Americans more interested.

-$. This is pretty much the main thing to attract outsiders. So if anyone can contribute extra to the prize and can confirm early on that they will be able to, then that will help greatly. I will be putting in what I can.

Other important things such as a stream, and even a trailer (which I feel is also very important) should be arranged as well.

Another idea that I have is to sponsor some American players if they don't mind 10 hr bus rides. I would even be able to house them. Megabus tickets are super cheap if we buy them in advance. As low as $1 even. Perhaps I can buy some super cheap megabus to tickets from toronto to NY and Philly and get players like Thermidor and Woahhzz to come.

If you like my ideas please post a show of support.

If it would be possible to set something like this, I would definitely be up for it. What would it be? The big summer bash for SCV? How would we generate hype? Guess we can create a Facebook page and try and get as many North American SC players as possible to take notice. I support your proposition.

Pretty much, if you live in TO and love SC, you gotta come out for the offline scene!

Amaury: Before you take on this task, i recommend you get consistent numbers in gatherings first. I also wouldn't take people saying "they'd come" in a forum at face value.

NeoRussell

Northern Battles #4 is this weekend. If you want to check out other fighting game tournaments, come. Just scope out your many choices of games other than Soul Calibur.

Saturday - Capcom Day
Sunday - Non-Capcom Day

NeoRussell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back