[Toronto] The Race to 10,000 Mountain

Status
Not open for further replies.
just I REALLY HATE paying $5 when we can just as eaasily gather at someones house and have way more Freedom and Money in our Pockets.
Think about it this way, $5 is nothing compared to how much you woulda had to spend at Funland Arcade back in the SC2/SC3 days... Especially if you had to play me. ;)

http://8wayrun.com/threads/jun-29-2013-toronto-scv-revival-tournament-toronto-on.16338/#post-618116

Tournament thread is up!

I've decided to allow DJ, based on people who spoke up it seems more people are ok with him or neutral than there are people who are vehemently against it. At the end of the day allowing DJ equates to "no harm, no foul". There really isn't much harm that can be done to the SC community by allowing DJ in a local tourney. In fact, the real harm to the community comes from individuals who attempt to cause forum drama and boycotts, where as otherwise the show would go on smoothly. If there truly is something that is detrimental to our community then we'll find out and never allow him again. But for now let's at least give this one chance.

I'll be promoting this tournament in various places including the Canadian Tekken Facebook page, in hopes of potentially getting Tekken players interested in trying SC5, with Devil Jin as the ambassador or intermediary if you will.

So for now let's save the Devil Jin drama for if something actually goes wrong with this.

Get hype and get training, because I plan to win this with EDGE MASTER.

It's obvious Oofmatic cares about the Toronto community and is doing what he can to support the scene. If unbanning DJ helps, all for the better. If there is some obvious negative aspect that comes from it, I'm sure he would reban the character. The main thing Oof wants is to help bridge the Tekken and SC communities. If you guys really want to play the game, start playing again and do what you can to build a scene.

I don't think I can do much, but post hilarious stuff that make ppl laugh.

...and the plot to make Eli dumber every time he responds to my post is working.

I can host 3 heads at my place today, 4 heads if you dont mind sitting close to each other. Who's game? This is my last day off work!
Lets fight. If not, anyone hosting today?

Hmmmm.... something's happening. People are posting..
Reptile, why dont u do us all a favour and move to Toronto. You n Partisan both.
Listen, we dont care if you have no family, no job etc down here... we are a selfish bunch.. and we only care about our wants. The biggest want, that being your ass down here to play us more.

Grrrrrrrr........

I'm actually looking into things for the June 29th tournament. Of course since I'm this far, turnout's gonna be a big factor for me.

Amaury: if the main reason you are allowing DJ is to get Tekken players to come, i'd retract that rule already. I'll say this straight out, Tekken players don't care about Soul Calibur. Not to disrespect the game in anyway of course but a guard button is not something any Tekken player wants to press. I can safely tell you that no Tekken players will come for this (except maybe Charles). Again, if that's the whole reason, i'd just remove it. You'll lose more actual SC players from coming because they don't like that rule. Good luck with the tourney.

Also, Hi everyone.

NeoRussell

Amaury: if the main reason you are allowing DJ is to get Tekken players to come, i'd retract that rule already. I'll say this straight out, Tekken players don't care about Soul Calibur. Not to disrespect the game in anyway of course but a guard button is not something any Tekken player wants to press. I can safely tell you that no Tekken players will come for this (except maybe Charles). Again, if that's the whole reason, i'd just remove it. You'll lose more actual SC players from coming because they don't like that rule. Good luck with the tourney.

Also, Hi everyone.

NeoRussell

Preach Russel, preach....Taken From The Holy Book Of "Gad Damn Straight" Chapter 66, verses 7-16.

P.S The real reason Devil Jin being included, isn't and wasn't ever to attract more players Russell! It maybe a minute reason, butttt..... Its obvious to all in the Toronto scene what the main reason is!

Ok, here's an idea guys, Last night, Silent-Wall, Eli, Myself etc play a ton of games. Connection was nice as well.
So instead of struggling to make local gatherings, why dont we meet more regularly online?
Ive noticed most of the guys are on at night, and usually on weekends... so let's say we all decide on a time and day on the weekend to do battle?
What say you guys?

Also, Hi everyone.

NeoRussell
Russell, I honestly did not expect any Tekken players to come. The point is to have the harmless option of allowing him available so that the potential for new players that may be interested in DJ is there.

And guess what? I already spoke with a player who got into SCV when it first came out and favoured Devil Jin, and ended up dropping the game because we banned his character. He's now interested again and said he will get back into the game and train for the tourney. So this rule has already brought in a new player and the potential for more is still there.

As for established SCV players who choose to boycott because of a rule that will hardly affect them, that's their choice and I place any blame of detriment to the community because of their actions completely on them, and not on myself or the rule that's in place. Personally I don't think it's worth it to negatively impact the community in that way because they don't agree with a harmless rule.

If people don't want to come out and support the scene because of something so small and trivial, so be it then. I'm fine with sacrificing a couple of stubborn established players in order to gain even just one new player.

Btw guys, I spoke with Reptile and he is willing to add $80 to the prize pool for the tournament on top of the $20 that I will be adding. But only if we get a good turnout of at least 20 players. Not to mention he just said that he's looking into attending himself, this tourney has potential to be HYPE.

I will be promoting this tournament as much as I can through Facebook and other places, as well as personally contacting as many inactive oldschool players as I can. Hey if we're lucky we may even get a couple of Americans!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back