[Toronto] The Race to 10,000 Mountain

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ishimaru: Yes if there is a community for it.

Sunny: 1a mixups was too good. His wrK launches on hit. Full combo. Basic and not complex like the new yoshi where iMCF is the root of his gameplay. Don't need JF's to win with Yoshi in SC2.

NeoRussell

C_3 maybe sometime around next week, I post when I'm good.

Russell what were the cheep gimmicks you were using with Yoshi in SC2?

Sounds good. Next saturday (the 12th) for sure is a no go, but evenings are okay otherwise.

Also, the week of the 20th - 27th works very well also because I have the week off.

Last edited:
C3 is thus gonna be a gladiator war zone session, or a Barbie doll playhouse get together?
If it's the former, May I attend? If it's the latter, errrrrr...

So yeah, let me know.

C3 is thus gonna be a gladiator war zone session, or a Barbie doll playhouse get together?
If it's the former, May I attend? If it's the latter, errrrrr...

So yeah, let me know.

Your choice of wording was whack to say the least lol but no, it won't be a"Barbie doll playhouse get together". You are always welcome. I don't know when this will be officially yet...... still waiting on responces.

Was lizardman legal in SC2 tournaments? if not, why not?

Last edited:
I didn't mean to insult franman, I really did think that his presentation was something like mine, of not taking hisself seriously. Intention doesn't excuse fact, though.
I'm already sorry I made this thread more of a joke. I just want to play SC. (Actually, I just want to be good at SC, but that's aeons away apparently.)

Ok, as we all know. CCEC is this weekend Oct 19th - 20th.
We also know that Soul Calibur has been banned/deleted/booted from the roster. (We suck).

I suggest those interested, to please show up at the event and we can have casuals and a small side tournament.
I dont think Russell will be that mean and deny us this. Seeing that we will be patronizing the event.
Hopefully this will somehow magically reignite the spark and get soul calibur back into the mix of things.

To those interested please posy your name in here. Lets see if we can get at least 8 people to attend.

UPDATE : Russell has agreed to allow us to run a side tourney if we make it to the event. Come on guys. Show up!

attending :
1.) Chu-Fye
2.)
3.)
4.) Southern Ontario
5.)
6.) Force Of Nature
7.)
8.)

Last edited:
To those concerned. I will be at AC World every monday and Wednesday from today onwards. (Yes today sunday 13th oct). Those in the area please show up.
I am gonna try to work with russell to see if we can get a discount venue entrance for SC players at least for a limited time.

Lets bring this thing back.
Casual sessions at people's homes arent working out. I believe that arcade style environment may give the scene the boost it needs. Only a venue like AnC will do that.

To those concerned. I will be at AC World every monday and Wednesday from today onwards. (Yes today sunday 13th oct). Those in the area please show up.
I am gonna try to work with russell to see if we can get a discount venue entrance for SC players at least for a limited time.

Lets bring this thing back.
Casual sessions at people's homes arent working out. I believe that arcade style environment may give the scene the boost it needs. Only a venue like AnC will do that.

It's not the venue that's the problem... it's the lack if initiative of the community. A&C/people's houses have been options for years and neither are being utilized. It's simple: if people in this community want to compete and be good at this series, make the effort to meet up. A healthy balance between people's houses and A&C is IMO the best way to make this work.

What? I didn't know people here wanted to compete, or attend tourneys, or go to Majors. I thought you guys just want to play and have fun.

I mean, 6 hours of casuals at A&C last time is clear enough that no one in the community is serious about the game, or getting better, or travelling, or playing in tourneys, etc. Just getting face-time or exposed on stream.

I thought everyone was fine smack talking over matches that have little meaning. Either way I'm always down to play, but going to AnC after work for about 1 hr of game is never worth it.

I guess just Partisan and Reptile are going to NEC. I will try to join them.

How much would it cost roughly for EVERYTHING? (minus personal expenses)?

Now that I work full time, these trips are actually plausible.

Friday after 2pm I'm good for hosting. Send me a text or something if your coming. Also SC2 is coming out in about 20 days.

Jimmy_Orange.jpg

Who does this remind you of?

Last edited:
Ok guys. Ive now receently got a new bell high speed net connection. No more crappy lagggy games.
I now have 8WAYRUN.COM TORONTO room open all day as long as I am at home.
Feel free to come in and play Everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back