neorussell

[10] Knight
Here are the results:

1 Troy Bobb (Partisan)
2 alex (Pyroscrub)
3 Matic D. Oof (OOFMATIC)
4 Juan (Valle)
5 Sunny (Eli123s)
5 Charles-Auguste Brodeur-Tanguay (NaizakiNomac)
7 Justin Wong (JWong)
7 Matthew Marinett (Rechact)
9 Brian Stone (ChaCha)
9 David Zaczynsko (PolishMafia)
9 Andrew Skinner (Altaire)
9 Franz (b4k4)
13 Tinaye (Tin_Man)
13 David Song (southernontario)
13 Guilllermo Montes Velasco (Ekkaia)
13 Zer0Hundr3d
17 Keelan Taylor (Forfeited)
17 Farhan
17 JonChan
17 Chris Cavalier
17 Erik McNeill-Buettner
17 Conrad Mulder (Forfeited)
17 Mark Thanos
17 Dave
25 Jordan Diehl
25 Daniel Rabess
25 Jonathan Flagg
25 YURI MAZURUK (Forfeited)

I'll post shoutouts later. Still hibernating.

NeoRussell

Fun times.

Thanks to everyone who came out to play or help out with the tourney stuff. U awesome.

Will be writing my shout outs soonish.

GGs all. Had a lot of fun, and walked away with a pretty sweet stick (now in the process of learning to play on it). I'll try to make it out to more tourneys when I can. My rankings have been steadily going up. Wish I had played some casuals now against Nomac beforehand lol. GGs man.

Also, here's something from the world of Twitter:

Justin Wong@JWonggg
I also don't think people like losing to me. This guy threw his controller and punched a hole in the wall after I beat him and now banned

Ok guess I'll go first!

First I wanna thank Russel and Barry for doing an awesome job running this event! I had a great time and look forward to any future events!

Partisan: Congratz on 1st place man! You totally deserve it. Also thanks for sparring with me during and after the tournament. I learned alot in our matches. Hope we can chill again at the next tourney! Keep it real dog! SWAG!

PyroScrub: You were so close to that Sangwhich maaaan! Good shit with Siegfried, you really know your character inside and out. Our conversation on Hilde was also quite inspiring... I will be rethinking some of my strategy thanks to that. Anyway hope to play you again next time. Until then stay hungry! Get that Sandwhich MANG!

Oofmatic: K:K:K:K:K:K:K ---- yeah I'm still having nightmares about it... Good job sending me into losers and then knocking me out after I crawled my way through the spire of darkness. Lol, I'm kidding good shit you're Dampierre is legit! Get at me online sometime!

Eli: Maaan that first round you beat my assssssss! But I swagged it out in the end for the HOMELAND! You're Ivy is sick and our matches after the tourney went completely different, it's obvious you have great deal of skill. GG's look forward to facing you again! OH and post the group picture some where preferably on Facebook!

Barry: Yo man thanks again for the excellent Maxi tutorial! You should make a video of that or something it was really helpful and all encompassing. Good luck with your career goals man! I'm sure things will go your way!

Franz: Dude I'm glad i didn't play you in the tourney... cause you got a shit ton better since we last played. Solid A.Pat man, very solid!

Hussler: HOMELAND Brotha! Thanks for the tips on how to beat Nightmare I'll try them out on my friend soon. Get at me online or facebook if you ever want to discuss Hilde Tech. Always fun doing mirror matches with you!

ChaCha: After this weekend I think we be the only 2 Calibur players left in Buffalo... But then again it never stopped us before! Time to level up!

To everyone else I played and met: You Canadians are a fun group and I'm totally jealous of your community and those greazy ass poutine fries. I had a blast playing calibur and hanging out with you all! Well that about does it for shout outs.

~Nos Vemos Amigos!

~Valei

I'll say my shoutout later, for now I post the pictures we took. I got to say our community is badass. We just have too much fun.

Partisan without Shades
02.jpg

Partisan with Shades
04.jpg

Group Photo
05.jpg

Everyone doing their favourite character pose. To everyone post what character and the pose you're doing. I took the picture, but if I was in it I be doing Pyrrha 3B, ha. But yea this was the greatest picture ever!
06.jpg

Very serious photo, you need at least one.
08.jpg

Here Russel doing his NeoRussell Pose
09.jpg

After this event I might really have to change my username to Eli236B. LOLOLOLOLOLOL

Chacha, tell me you didn't lose to JWong.

No i did not, Polish and Kowtow did. I lost to some random ass Cervy with uncannily good defense/reactions (props to him btw i think his name was ZeroHundred). Then I lost to my man Valei again, he adjusted well and I played like shit...i really wish i could stop playing like shit but we'll see if I can fix my whack ass practice methods before Evo.

Props to Party-san for just being an all around swell guy, appreciated the practice and advice.

Pyro- always good to hang out offline. your seig is STRONGsauce.

Eli- great casuals, your ivy was way stronger than expected.

Oof- best dampierre on earf.

Barry- thanks for being barry, it makes weekends better.

Russ- great event, i apprecaite the effort you put into it and I will always support ya.

everyone else- good games and good times.

great shit Pyro, been wantin to see you make it out to a tourney.

Partisan, good shit, excellent final, we have yet to play in sc5, lets make it happen online soon.

All I have to say is mad respect to Valei for never giving up on Hilde after her easy win ability got taken away, and getting 4th with her. Looking forward to seeing you level up with her even more!

Speaking of leveling up, I have to go back to prepping for MLG.

No more time for props, Le Bello will return!

hey good stuff there, Valei. So all that ass beating that I gave you in casuals on friday were worth it, lol. You deserve a shawarma

I will be contacting players who reached top 16. EVO Points are handed out electronically.

NeoRussell

GG everyone, it was a pretty fun tournament ! I wish I wouldn't have sleep problems anymore to be in a proper shape after travelling, but meh, can't do much about it...

I was happy to see old faces and new ones, good to see the community is growing and always getting better at Toronto ! Good stuff with Offmatic getting up the ranking with Dampierre, I was starting to get the hang of the character at the end a bit... Partisan made me learned that I don't know Patroklos enough XD, well good job, your Patroklos and Omega Pyrrah are both pretty solid. And B4K4, it was pretty fun hanging out with you guys, burritos and SC5 matches haha. Your Alpha is way better then Dragonfall one, you are getting stuff more often then he does and you are doing some combos he doesn't.

Otherwise, we will make sure to prepare our forces for MAT, we are keeping these EVO points for us !!!

Back