Tournaments for SC2

Would you travel for SC2 tournaments over SC4?

• Yes

Votes: 17 41.5%
  • No

Votes: 24 58.5%

• Total voters

BatousaiNori

[10] Knight
What are peoples thoughts of starting tournaments for SC2 again? I'm trying to get together with the other Tournament Organizers across the country and start this up. If you notice, in the EVO thread, there are quite a lot of MMs for SC2. I honestly feel (and a lot agree) this was the best of the series and people will travel for it. No VC, no doom combo BS. Thoughts?

No. People need to Stop living in the past.

You ostracize the new players such as myself who have no desire or fiscal means to play/learn the game. SC2 is not for the 360 and im not buying a PS2 for it.

If it was as good as you say, people would still be playing it. People didn't stop playing Super Turbo, but they stopped playing SC2.

No. People need to Stop living in the past.

You ostracize the new players such as myself who have no desire or fiscal means to play/learn the game. SC2 is not for the 360 and im not buying a PS2 for it.

If it was as good as you say, people would still be playing it. People didn't stop playing Super Turbo, but they stopped playing SC2.
People didn't stop playing ST because it was the last SF2 incarnation. SF3 3rd Strike is a completely different game. SC3 and SC4 were considered upgrades to an existing engine. Sounds like to me you just don't want to play it because you can't (you don't have ps3 or ps2), which is fine. Most of the people on 8wayrun did play SC2 though, competitively

SC2 is not for the 360 and im not buying a PS2 for it.

Not true. The Xbox version plays on the 360. You should definitely pick it up. People who favor old SC games to the exclusion of SC4 are psychos, but SC2 was undeniably excellent and it still looks great even by modern standards. Even as just a brief single-player experience, you could do a lot worse.

I guess it would be fun just like how they have TTT tourney's still. But sticking to the question poll, no cause I didn't play any SC's until 4 came out.

I wouldn't travel for SC2 unless there was an SC4 tourney there... It would be ok for fun but I definitely wouldn't practice for it... SC2 was great and I loved it but we gotta let it go... SC4 is also great and I think we need solidarity around the currently played game (that is not even a year old yet might I add).

159 people and competitors coming from all over the world does not sound anywhere near like a dead game to me.

- I.C.E.

That's a no.....

it would be a fun side tournament. And i wouldn't mind brushing up on BS that i came up with, but just like everyone else is saying. It's time to let go of the past.

SC4 isn't that BAD of a game. hell it's better than SC3....(i'm pretty sure the common majority would agree on that one..) it's just that it needs a few more regulations then SC2 does.

oh...and i'm for the hilde ban!!!! :)

Well, I never meant this should replace SC4. I think many people are taking it that way. SC4 is a good game, I enjoy it a lot. I don't think there is any harm in doing side tournaments for SC2 either. And ICE, I don't think SC2 is just for the people who couldn't hack it in 1/3/4, I disagree w/that. It's just a different game, arguably harder than 3 or 4.

I thought it was much easier to master than 3 or 4, since there are so very very few inputs that require just frame timing, and so few combo opportunities.

I still hold events where we play every single game in the series, though that's on hiatus with all the goddamn weddings I have to go to this summer.

If it was a side tourny, that would be pretty sweet. Sc2 has always been one of my favorite games. So to play on the side like casuals even during Sc4 tourny wouldnt be a bad idea. Something new but old to toss to on the table.

Sorry but no.

Don't get me wrong, I LOVED SC2. It got me into SC with ONE Yoshimitsu playthrough in the arcade(and I didn't even beat inferno, damn game just sold itself on how it played alone).

I feel SC2's time in the sun has long since expired. As a side game, that'd be cool. As a full fledged rekindle? No. SC2 and TTT are classics of their respected series.

They should just remake SC2 for the ps3 and xbox360 like they did for MVC2 and give it proper net code unlike SC4. Then id be one happy camper.

Would I be down for SC2 side tournies if I was still able to travel? Probably.

Would I travel just for SC2? Not really. But I'm not able to travel for tournies anymore anyway, so take that with a grain of salt I guess.

I'm kind of like everyone else here, I think it would be awesome if tourney organizers added SC2 to tournies as an addition to SC4, but I don't agree with SC2 instead of SC4. Even though I think SC2 is the best game in the series, you've still got to support the current game.

I wouldn't travel to a tourney just for SC2, but I'd be more likely to travel to a tourney with both SC2 and SC4 than one with just SC4.

I'm actually at the point that I think Soul Calibur 4 is the best game in the series. Mainly because of the soul gauge. The only thing that I like about the SC2 is Talim and all her crazy fun options as well as her rochiest of rochiest 5 move game(33A, 1A+B, BB, AA, 1K)

Back