True stories of 9A+B

page

[11] Champion
You must have hit one.

Last week I was at Wallace's place doing some casuals and I landed 9a+b on his Nightmare right at the start of a round. Caught him in in a NSS -> GS transition if I recall correctly.

The best part is that I still lost the round.

This topic is for 9a+b, not 9a+bb. That move is for pussies.

I hit kevin_sorbo with 9A+B he was using amy and tried to use 2A+B on wakeup I used it to TJ the 2A+B and he still had enough time to step but he got hit with the phantom hitbox to the left of mina

I got hit with it online once. I originally stepped it then let go of the stick weird and it caused me to step right back into the line of fire. I facepalmed IRL

I just hit someone online with it today. Sidestepped the guy then started it up. He whiffed some mid hori and BAM round was over.

Let's see....

I TJed Offbeat Ninja's Sieg 1AA, and jumped noface's Hilde run in charges, those were probably my best ones. I've hit it many other times but those weren't as good.

I've only hit people with it when they're pressured from a depleted soul gauge and they're backed up against a wall or the edge of the stage.

Doesn't happen often, three times ever for me IIRC.

I was playing my friend who was just starting to play the game, used 9A+B on him, and he didnt know what to do so he just guarded.

Win

Page, this move is an useful move. It works with some setups. I need more examination before talking about it in details.

I was fighting against a Maxi who was just spamming different stances. I knock him away a long distance and hit with 1B FC. He starts going into some crazy voodoo spin-the-chucks-around-his-neck stance, talking shit over mic as he makes his way over, and what do I do?
9A+B. He starts trying to back off, but it lands and destroys his remaining life.

Then he ragequits. :(

InsaneKhent,
IMO, this move is useful and fine. Some of setups are like that:
66A+B -> StepForward -> 66A+B against tech-roll and roll.
66A+B -> StepForward -> 9A+BB against roll.

BBB(close hit) -> Delay 66A+B against tech-roll.
BBB(close hit) -> 9A+BB against roll (not for 8->6 rolls).

6BB(close hit) -> Delay 66A+B against tech-roll
6BB(close hit) -> 9A+BB against roll (not for 8->6 rolls).

so on..

I think there is another method to use it effectively. I need more time to prove that first in CRT.

I have gotten this move to work only on the AI and human players who aren't very skilled. I doubt I could pull this move off on a quality player.

Even so, it's hilarious to see the reaction from people when they get hit by it.

InsaneKhent, I knew this move sounds stupid and looks stupid, but please don't let the stereotype convince you.

There are 2 main scenarios you can use 9A+B practically and effectively. And you need to understand that Mina has a lot of moves which has a "hit confirm" in CRT only.

In 1st scenarios, you can applied 9A+BB against to roll. 9A+B has "whiff confirm" which is a new idea in this forum.
For example (1st scenarios):
66A+B -> StepForward -> 66A+B (forced guard).
66A+B -> StepForward -> 9A+BB against to roll.
** Instruction: 9A+B -> Hold G -> See a roll -> Press B by reaction. If you don't see any roll or whiff, keep holding G. And you will be safe and in good range. It is a low-risk "whiff confirm" with a reward of a good CF damage and a free 6B+K, so I will suggest to do it occasionally. Actually, 66A+B doesn't have a mix-up with other move, but it is good for CF. Therefore, you have to run forward to do a mix-up such as 2K_1B_throw or do 9B+K against to roll. You have to take the risk that opponent rolls, blocks and techs your mix-ups.

** In 1st scenarios, you can applied it after BBB(close hit), 6BB(close hit), WSB(normal hit), 44AA(far hit), 44K(tip hit), 4BK, 3B(mid hit), and 4A+K only. (**66A+B can't force guard against to roll after most these moves hit.)

In 2nd scenarios, you can applied 9A+BB against to a whiff only (not a roll) from mid to far range.
For example (2st scenarios):
33KB(hit) -> 1BA -> Rush-in mix-up.
33KB(hit) -> 1BA -> 9A+B
**Instruction: 9A+B -> Hold G -> See a whiff (not a roll) -> Press B by reaction. If you don't see any whiff, keep holding G. And you will be safe and in good range. Actually, if you run forward to do mix-ups, you will lose frames and some opponent will try to interrupt your moves. To beat this situation, 9A+B can become a whiff punisher with a "whiff confirm" from a far range.

So far, I see the problem of these setups are that opponent try to GI it or to use 8->6 roll to avoid 9A+BB. However, I'm testing 9A+B unblockable against to GI. Just give me more to time to confirm. If you see 8->6 roll in 1st scenarios, just don't use it. =D hahaha... Fortunately, it is still good as a whiff punisher with a "whiff confirm" in 2nd scenarios.

On the side note, Some Mina's mix-ups are not a true mix-up in CRT such as iWSB_iFC1K_iFC->Throw and Rush-in->throw_9B+K. Mina is lack of good mix-up in close range. IMO, Mina needs to rely on "hit confirm" to make her become safer and more variety.

After a reasonably close 66A+B:

- Step forward into 44A+B is a forced block
- 9B+K6B works on those who tech
- 2A+B is ultra guaranteed on those who don't tech, and it even trips them if they try to block it

InsaneKhent, trust me. I knew 66A+B -> Step Forward -> 44A+B(forced guard) for a long time. It is easy to remember that every StepForward->66A+B(forced guard) = 44A+B(forced guard) mostly. The reason I didn't post it here because it is not a forced guard for any character and range. Mostly, it only works after 66A+B in close hit and Wall's help. Against to some character like Ivy, it will not work most of time. Don't get me wrong. I agree that 44A+B(forced guard) is a very good move under specific conditions.

Actually,
66A+B(close hit) -> 9B+K, is a combo and doesn't relate to roll or tech.
66A+B -> StepForward -> 9B+K, it beats roll only.
66A+B -> StepFowrard -> delay 9B+K, it tracks tech-roll only.

About 2A+B, I agree. It is an ultra forced guard tool for almost every Wake-Ups, but 66A+B -> 2A+B(beats roll and idle) works in close range only. 66A+B -> StepForward -> 2A+B(not beating roll and idle) works as a Forced Guard in any range.

Obviously, 66A+B-> StepForward -> 66A+B_2A+B is a CF setup. For mix-ups in CRT, you still need to rush in and take the risk. Also, you should know that 44A+B and 66A+B is not a Forced Guard and 2A+B doesn't beats roll after most of other moves I mentioned above in 1st scenarios.

Anyway, even 9A+B in 1st scenarios has a flaw, it is still good on 2nd scenarios occasionally. Actually, I'm not telling you that 9A+B is a god move. I'm talking about 9A+B is an useful move everybody omits, which can be used it practically with low risk.

Anyway, hahaha.. this move really can piss people off when it lands on them. =D

Back