UK Arrangements for SCV Majors/Nationals

Synraii

[14] Master
Ok - so Jaxel has outlined how SCV US nationals will most likely work. He also included us in the term 'Europe' which I would prefer not to be the case:
The UK is an independant union, with our own (small) scene and with SCV we can expect to see more players apperaing on the scene so what I propose is this:
Two tournament hubs in England: London and Manchester as both have cooperative gamerbases and are very accessible cities.
Each hub will hold monthly/bi-monthly tournaments (based on interest) and results between scenes be kept in a league table - one for each hub, working with a points system per tournament such as:
1st: 10 points
2nd: 8 points
3rd: 5 points
Top 8: 2 points

After the last tournament befor Super Vs. Battle (The largest FG Tournament in the UK) the Top 3 scoring players in each hub will go into a FT5 Round Robin mini tournament at SVB to determin the best player and who will be 1st port of call to represent the union in international events.

This is a very rough draft and is therefor liable to change but any suggestions on how this system could be improved is more than welcome. I also fully appreciate that most UK players are found on Neoempire, so I will put final details and dates and so on on there.

As for who will organise these tournaments: I will personally handle organisation of Manchester tournaments, but I need someone to do the same in London. Now I know one person who fits this role perfectly (If he is willing to help), but if someone comes through with the general support of the community, please get in contact with me so we can liase with dates of events and work out any problems that may occur.

Right now, this is more of a notice than anything, so I would prefer people PM'd me to show interest etc. or to ask questions for now, but you can use this thread to.

Cheers guys!

(2012 For a SCV UK Champion at WGCCannes!!!)

Back