ULTRA Street Fighter IV

Vulcan422

[12] Conqueror

-Xbox 360/PlayStation 3/PC
-4 characters ported from SF X Tekken: Poison, Hugo, Elena, and Rolento
-1 new character who has never been seen in a Street Fighter game before
-6 stages ported from SF X Tekken
-New features and modes
-Like Arcade Edition will be either DLC, full digital download, and full retail disc game
-1200 Microsoft Points/$15.00 for DLC version, $40.00 for full digital and retail versions
-Full digital and retail download will include ALL previous alternate costume DLC, for FREE
-Pre-Order Bonus: alternate costumes for the 5 new characters designed by UDON Comics
-UDON Comics will also be making new alternate costumes for the original 39 characters as well
-Release Date: Early 2014

First there was Street Fighter 4...

Then... Super Street Fighter 4....

Then... Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition..

Now.... Ultimate Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition...

Next Year... Neo Space Aliens Ultimate Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition TryHard Edition DLC Turbo Edition!

You'd think they'd just make Street Fighter 5... >_>

(EDIT: Elena FTW!)

At least SF series keeps me up to date. I'm not that big on this competitively, but casually I contradict myself with I have a competitive nature, yet I don't want to invest. So much conflict in my mind that is blown.

The 6 stages ported from SFXT have been revealed. They are:

-Half Pipe
-Cosmic Elevator
-Jurassic Era Research Facility
-Blast Furnace
-Pit Stop 109
-Mad Gear Hideout

Let's not forget how long it even took for SF4 to be released after Street Fighter 3: Third Strike.

And I doubt they'll ever make SF5 this soon. It would have to involve...*gasp* a timeline change!

Phew! Thank god I didn't buy SFxT.

SFxTekken is actually a pretty good game but the DLC scam really ruined it with fans!

SFxTekken was one of the first innovative fighting games to include a system (The gem system) that buffs you during battle for doing specific things in the duration of the fight. Like a comeback gem, if you take a certain number of hits, it activates. A speed gem activates if you land 3 combos, auto-block gems which would guard for you (if you weren't guarding) at the cost of meter. I thought it was neat, of course tournament players hated the concept because they like to play games at their core.

The DLC scam was the BIGGEST thing I've ever seen. They locked 30% of the character roster, and told fans they'd have to wait 6 months to play as Blanka, Alisa, Cody, and the other cool 10 characters. Meanwhile, if you played online, hackers already unlocked these characters. So Capcom was deleting people's Youtube channels wholesale for showing vids of these "Secret" characters. LOL!

You'd think they'd just make Street Fighter 5... >_>
Because that would require a complete overhaul of the fighting engine, as is always the case for every numbered Street Fighter installment. Much more work than simply adding in new characters. Seriously, the shift from SCIV to SCV was nothing compared to SFII to SFIII, or SFIII to SFIV.
Or far worse....dare I say?...Story development....
Trailer should have made it very obvious that this update is catered very much toward the competitive community. People for whom story is secondary to gameplay (and gameplay tweaks and changes).

hyper ultra street fighter 4 ultimate world tournament arcade edition turbo anniversary 3D remix

didn't Super version give all the characters new ending cutscenes? maybe ultra will do it again. not like the story cutscenes have any importance other than expanding the vanilla endings a bit.

And in no way will they make it easier to learn the intricacies of the game, and thus fail to grow the fighting game genre by keeping away the beginner and lesser skilled players.

Casual players will undoubtedly play SF4 as they have done so in the past, but its unlikely any of them will be able to beyond simple dragon punches and fireballs when the game is so thusly unfriendly to the masses.

And in no way will they make it easier to learn the intricacies of the game, and thus fail to grow the fighting game genre by keeping away the beginner and lesser skilled players.

Casual players will undoubtedly play SF4 as they have done so in the past, but its unlikely any of them will be able to beyond simple dragon punches and fireballs when the game is so thusly unfriendly to the masses.

Yeah, like I said in another topic, to be at a HIGH LEVEL of competitive skill in street fighter, you pretty much need an Arcade Pad to play it, because that's how the original game's design inputs were meant to be played on. As dumb as that sounds, playing with a standard Xbox360 or PS3 controller just won't cut it, because many of the inputs require "Z" symbol inputs, or double quarter circle inputs, and it's not as forgiving as performing CE's in soul calibur.

A lot of movies in Street Fighter require very, very quick inputs, I mean we're talking less than half a second between button inputs to keep a string. It's a lot easier to do if your index finger and middle finger are hovering over the buttons, but simply having your thumb move to the next button is too slow.. (As insane as that sounds, lol.)

Most casuals don't own or buy arcade pads. So they end up hating the complicated inputs and move on to MK or Injustice. (BlazBlue rocks btw.)

Yeah, like I said in another topic, to be at a HIGH LEVEL of competitive skill in street fighter, you pretty much need an Arcade Pad to play it, because that's how the original game's design inputs were meant to be played on. As dumb as that sounds, playing with a standard Xbox360 or PS3 controller just won't cut it, because many of the inputs require "Z" symbol inputs, or double quarter circle inputs, and it's not as forgiving as performing CE's in soul calibur.
vangief. one of the high level gief player that uses pad. even him walking forward is intimidating enough with his instant spin pile driver.

You don't need a stick to do well or complicated inputs in FGs. I've never struggled with inputs in FGs outside of doing things with characters like Carl (BB) or Juri (SF) and, even then, that could be remedied with the changing of a button configuration if you really want it to work. It's a myth that you need an arcade stick to do pretty much most movements in fighting games. Hell, the fact they can be done at all on either tool proves that. Being proficient at anything takes practice; you just have to keep at it and find what works for you. Taking advice is good and all but don't be a parrot and just echo things you've heard.

Either way, that's neither here nor there.

This has gotten me pretty stoked about SF again, that they're adding Elena. Gonna play again and, if she sucks, pick whoever's top.

Back