UMBC Weekly Tournament

SWBeta

[08] Mercenary
DATE AND LOCATION:

Wednesday, October 8th @ 8:00pm
Come at 6:00pm if you want to get some casuals in before the tournament.

UMBC
1000 Hilltop Circle
Baltimore, MD 21250
Commons Game Room

No entry fee, no venue fee. Just show up and bring your 'A' game.

RULES

• Double Elimination
• Rounds consist of 60 second time limit
• Random Stage Selection for every match
• All stages are currently legal for play
• All matches played at 100% health/gauge
• Character Customization is allowed
• Custom Characters are banned
• Bonus chars banned
• All infinites are banned! No exceptions
• Button Mapping allowed

• It's preferable if you bring your own controllers/sticks.
We like it very much when people can bring controller/stick converters, so if you happen to have a converter, please bring it with you.

Please don't be late. If you are going to be late, call us beforehand so we can hold the start till you arrive. If you have been to one of our tournaments before, you should have recieved someone's phone number in which you can contact. If you haven't, please send either SWBeta or Hudathan a PM.

We can only hold the start of a tournament for about 10-15 mins, because security is strict about closing the game room by midnight. If you are going to be very late, it is possible that you might either start out in the losers brackets or not be able to compete in the tournament altogether, so please come early.

I would like to come to this, but getting from norVA, through DC, to Baltimore at 5pm-7pm is actually one of the circles of hell Dante wrote about.
I will provide more info on the status of myself and those who would be traveling with me, when I know more.

Alrighty, myself and some peeps are coming up. So that's +5 entrants. HuDuThan I'll be calling in you in a few minutes.

Im off all week, Im down

I will probably be hosting sessions at University of MD College Park if anyone is game for it. It's not a tournament but just weekly sessions...in case anyone would like to have an extra day of the week to play SCIV. (also if some people can not make it to UMBC on Wednesdays)

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this message, or if I should just start my own thread for this btw. Please, anyone feel free to notify me if I need to place this somewhere else on 8way.com so more people from MD will be able to view my announcements.

On Friday nights from 8pm to 1am, the Rec Center, which is called TerpZone, will have open game night. This means that you can bring your own games and play for free for the night. They have a Wii, an XBOX and a PS3. If anyone who has posted on this thread is interested, let me know as soon as you can.

--hwang24

Back