Underrated Moves

Fearal_Koholic

[08] Mercenary
So in playing zwei rigorously online, offline in Legendary Souls and just generally practicing every tool he has, i've noticed a few of his moves don't get the mention they deserve. So i'll post the few i think deserve mention and why, to broaden our general knowledge and mix-up capability. No rock unturned!

6K - Decent reach, speed and gives space on block or hit. Knockdown on hit, with surprising damage. Good to throw out against characters with lower reach or speed, or as an interrupt against certain attacks. Pretty sure it's safe on block.

7/8/9K - Same as above, but with retreat or advance potential, as well as dodging lows. Particularly nice against Xiba.

77/11K - A great move on grounded opponents, especially if you're used to chasing them with 66B or 66AB. Gives space and a bit of time to chase again if the opponent doesn't attack. If they do, WRB or WRA.

44K - Knockdown, good damage, tracks, better reach and speed than you'd think. Unfortunately it's high, but if you're agile it makes a great punisher. Keeps you close to opponent for follow up.

I just noticed all of those moves are kicks. I find that throwing them out there keeps the opponent guessing, especially if the hit causes knockback as all momentum shifts instantly (if the opponent was very offensive).

So any other underrated moves in our arsenal?

Last edited:
The problem with 6K is that it's pretty slow imo, but it can lead to a CE if you really need it and it hit confirms. And 7/8/9K are good, but unfortunately it's only flaw is that it is a high along with 6K, so people with fast tech crouches won't be affected as much as others.

And for 77K/33K, did you mean 11K/77K? 33K and 77K are two different moves. But yeah it's good when you have someone on the ground after you do B+K BE, and they either like to wake up and step or just lay on the ground and roll. I'm not really sure what other situations to use it in since it's pretty easy to block otherwise.

Last edited:
The problem with 6K is that it's pretty slow imo, but it can lead to a CE if you really need it and it hit confirms. And 7/8/9K are good, but unfortunately it's only flaw is that it is a high along with 6K, so people with fast tech crouches won't be affected as much as others.

And for 77K/33K, did you mean 11K/77K? 33K and 77K are two different moves. But yeah it's good when you have someone on the ground after you do B+K BE, and they either like to wake up and step or just lay on the ground and roll. I'm not really sure what other situations to use it in since it's pretty easy to block otherwise.

I meant 77/11 K indeed, thanks. If you anticipate the opponent using a mid you can tech crouch it, although the timing is tough, almost pre-emptive.

I meant 77/11 K indeed, thanks. If you anticipate the opponent using a mid you can tech crouch it, although the timing is tough, almost pre-emptive.
I guess it would be dependent on what kind of mid? Idk, I've never seen it tech crouch anything but highs, but then again, I don't use it too often.

It'll only work against certain moves by certain characters. You get roughly the length of zwei's extended leg to tech crouch.

The problem with the moves you listed, and indeed any of the other moves players avoid using, is that naturally you wouldn't want to trade the chance of getting 66A+B or a grab on the opponent's face for moves that will not grant you much, if any, reward at all.

Example: if you're in range for 7K to hit, that means you're in range for a grab to hit. So, ideally you would instead go for a mix up that has a chance of rewarding you with damage, as opposed to a jumping kick that will particularly not reward you as much, if at all.

By the way @Fearal_Koholic, if you're playing online, we can get some games in. I'm always hyped to see what a new Zwei player has to offer. Add me: Zane_v101

Yo.
@Fearal_Koholic I don't know if you have read my post in the ZWEI tech trap thread about 7K and 9K being good tools, if you haven't I suggest you do. (7K its very handy in some MUs)

I will be doing a small write up about 33B and 1B)K in the future. 2 underused and underrated moves imo :)

Example: if you're in range for 7K to hit, that means you're in range for a grab to hit. So, ideally you would instead go for a mix up that has a chance of rewarding you with damage, as opposed to a jumping kick that will particularly not reward you as much, if at all.

By the way @Fearal_Koholic, if you're playing online, we can get some games in. I'm always hyped to see what a new Zwei player has to offer. Add me: Zane_v101

My grabs tend to miss, so i try to do 7K after the first time that happens as an escape if the opponent wasn't fast enough. If i had read this earlier, i would have added you, i was playing for hours! We'll play as soon as possible, considering i have a job hunt to start. I'm still a bit green but i look forward to it ^^

@AndyrooxDS Are you sure those moves are underrated? 1(B)K and its billions of possibilities make up the bulk of my assault. Hell, you could even score a free back or side throw. As for 33B: Tech crouches highs when timed properly, hit confirmable into massive damage and easy to mix up follow up. It's a game changer.

@Zane I also want to get a few matches with you, I'll see about picking up a PS3 copy within the next few weeks or so. From what I hear, your ZWEI is really good.

@Zane I also want to get a few matches with you, I'll see about picking up a PS3 copy within the next few weeks or so. From what I hear, your ZWEI is really good.
Yes please do so. Add me on PSN as well: Zane_v101 (redundant but there you go) and get SCV ASAP! D: I only have a few more days of free time :(

8A+B is underrated... everybody ducks into that shit when you're up in their face lol :p did I mention it breaks in 8? Oh! just did :]

Back