[United Kingdom] UK Offline Sessions

Oh, that's a shame. Why such poor turnout?
Lots of UK, and in particular London-based, players play SCV online loads and loads, but very few are interested in actually getting good, so they tend to make excuses or even shirk tournaments entirely. Because SCV online netcode is so good there is little reason for general SCV fans to show up, as travelling and entry fees make it expensive and time consuming,

I see. Well I would definitely be interested in playing some people offline when I move to London in September!

If you guys do something in summer/autumn this year let us now Hyrul.
Chances are good I can make it this year.

Well @Dropical will be coming July so we'll probbaly do something then, can't see myself bothering to organise anything though. Could do something before May 16th if we go ROF too.

Just inbox me please everyone, I really want to go offline and fail there also, but I guess it's something to aim for. Travelling isn't an issue. (Goes to practice JG and grab breaks) also, Joel, nice channel been watching for quite some time. (If SCUK is your channel)

Lots of UK, and in particular London-based, players play SCV online loads and loads, but very few are interested in actually getting good, so they tend to make excuses or even shirk tournaments entirely. Because SCV online netcode is so good there is little reason for general SCV fans to show up, as travelling and entry fees make it expensive and time consuming,

Well that's the nice way of putting it. The real way is that they don't want to get embarrassed if they show up because they can't take losing. Why travel when you can post that one win on YouTube I got against your Mitsurugi and talk shit on a FB group? @CaspianVII :]

Just inbox me please everyone, I really want to go offline and fail there also, but I guess it's something to aim for. Travelling isn't an issue. (Goes to practice JG and grab breaks) also, Joel, nice channel been watching for quite some time. (If SCUK is your channel)

Well it's not mine but I do manage it, although there's been nothing lately. Might upload some FT5s actually.

I'd be interested if you're not worried about having a 16 in year old in your apartment. Seriously though, I'd be more than happy to give you some matches, if we can gather some interest that'd be mightily fun.

I made a post last Friday offering a SCV tournament for up to 8 players at my small London apartment, wasn't able to honour it last weekend but am looking into one in the future if there's interest?

I'd definitely be up for that depending on day and time. Don't think I could do Sundays.

I can host Midlands events at my place, if London wants to come up every now and then! :)

Edit: And/or it's easier for rest of UK to get to. This could be up to 3 set-ups, or 2 with steam (maybe).

I'll do the London events on occasion as well just need notice more anything.

Last edited:
So as I said to Hyrul at EBO, I will be able to go to England, if you guys are up for a session.

I could go in September (I'm off from 9th until 17th) or in October (off from 18th until 30th).
If you guys will have a session during one of these times, just let me know in time so I can plan everything.

Cheers.

this might seem like a dumbass question but is there much of a scene in the midlands? I know we have ED (and honestly I never been there)... and we also have VSF coming up next week (sadly no SC).
A couple of us play Blazblue and SF, but honestly the only guys I know who actually play SC here are myself and Rudeboi

this might seem like a dumbass question but is there much of a scene in the midlands?
If there is, it's news to me. There's me and @AndyrooxDS reppin' the East Midlands. Getting to brum isn't extortionate so Rudeboy's idea could work :)

So as I said to Hyrul at EBO, I will be able to go to England, if you guys are up for a session.

I could go in September (I'm off from 9th until 17th) or in October (off from 18th until 30th).
If you guys will have a session during one of these times, just let me know in time so I can plan everything.

Cheers.
:D

Anyone in the Hastings / South East area? looking offline or online. I'm not a beginner, but I haven't played any SC for several years.

Last edited:
Back