[United Kingdom] UK Offline Sessions

Get to mine, bring AAA games.. sorted :)

From east Midlands/Derby can be done by train pretty much to the door, return, for quite reasonable comparitivley. Probably looking at an hour (?) Each way so the day trip is very feasible too (whereas HoG could be up to 3hrs each way :( ) Zer0 has been here before, so can attest to facilities or questions/concerns you might have. If I run two setups you're in games 100% (Andy/holy} so its all good. We just need paticipants!

London guys.. Sort the Kalas session! I'll come for that especially with this much notice..

I'm in Eastbourne which is right on your doorstep. I only play on XBL unfortunately.

That's a shame. I might buy a cheap xbox to play on XBL. It would be cool to set up some kind of regular offline group in the South East area. None of my real world mates play fighting games anymore.

I was thinking the same thing about a PS3. Well we could setup an offline session if you like. It'd have to be at yours though, my room's barely big enough to fit myself into.

Yeah there needs to be more SCV offline action around the UK, not just London, i mean im from North East Lincolnshire, and travelling to London would be worth it if a big amount of people actually went to them but there hasn't been that many people for me to travel that far for it. Needs to be closer to home!

I was thinking the same thing about a PS3. Well we could setup an offline session if you like. It'd have to be at yours though, my room's barely big enough to fit myself into.

That's cool. I've got my own flat, plenty of space.

Anyone in the Hastings / South East area? looking offline or online. I'm not a beginner, but I haven't played any SC for several years.
I can do online if you want

From east Midlands/Derby can be done by train pretty much to the door, return, for quite reasonable comparitivley. Probably looking at an hour (?) Each way so the day trip is very feasible too (whereas HoG could be up to 3hrs each way :( ) Zer0 has been here before, so can attest to facilities or questions/concerns you might have. If I run two setups you're in games 100% (Andy/holy} so its all good. We just need paticipants!

London guys.. Sort the Kalas session! I'll come for that especially with this much notice..

dude lemme know when you're going...I wanna come along to HoG too D: just dunno how to get to london

you can purchase a mayflash converter on amazon for about £12-£14 so you won't need to lug such a heavy machine and risk theft, misplacement or damage. the only catch is you'll need a wired XBOX pad

Cool, I added you.
cool...might be able to do some games soon, recovering from a minor illness and a bit of burnout, and a bit of laziness, (and from playing yugioh millenium duels with DIME) but hopefully sometime this weekend I'll be up to scratch

I wouldn't worry about being up to scratch. I just returned to the game after about 2 years; i'm crap. Trying to improve though.

Oh nice, you live near the station? Convenient.

That sounds like a solid plan, just need to set a date :)

you can purchase a mayflash converter on amazon for about £12-£14 so you won't need to lug such a heavy machine and risk theft, misplacement or damage. the only catch is you'll need a wired XBOX pad
You mean because I only have 360 controllers? I have friends who own PS3s so I might be able to borrow one off of them.

All of my 360 controllers are wireless unfortunately.

You mean because I only have 360 controllers? I have friends who own PS3s so I might be able to borrow one off of them.

All of my 360 controllers are wireless unfortunately.

no what I mean is: the mayflash aswell as several other XBOX to PS3 converters are a little weird in setting them up, but it's nothing complicated at all.
what you need to do (and there are several videos explaining this, especially when playing on an XBOX with a ps3 controller).
inserting the wired XBOX pad in to the mayflash converter allows you to bypass XBOX's security thing, once that's done insert your PS3 pad (you'll need a USB cable connected) and bob's your uncle you can play XBOX with a PS3 pad (just don't disconnect the cable or you'll have to repeat the process)

however if its the otherway around and you wanna play XBOX pad on PS3 then you can just plug and play...but you'll still need a wired controller (any official or unofficial wired will do the trick)

hopefully that makes sense but like I say several videos on YT explain how to use them

Oh nice, you live near the station? Convenient.

That sounds like a solid plan, just need to set a date :)
whatever day it's on please make sure it's the weekend...can't get there during the week...work

btw have we got a date for HoG? I'll try and drag JonesTMC down here for some GG's

edit:..............................

just spoke with Adam...he says he'll come down for HoG

Last edited:
no what I mean is: the mayflash aswell as several other XBOX to PS3 converters are a little weird in setting them up, but it's nothing complicated at all.
what you need to do (and there are several videos explaining this, especially when playing on an XBOX with a ps3 controller).
inserting the wired XBOX pad in to the mayflash converter allows you to bypass XBOX's security thing, once that's done insert your PS3 pad (you'll need a USB cable connected) and bob's your uncle you can play XBOX with a PS3 pad (just don't disconnect the cable or you'll have to repeat the process)

however if its the otherway around and you wanna play XBOX pad on PS3 then you can just plug and play...but you'll still need a wired controller (any official or unofficial wired will do the trick)

hopefully that makes sense but like I say several videos on YT explain how to use them
Are you sure about that? I mean I've seen YouTube videos of it too, but have you ever got the mayflash adaptor working yourself? I've tried mine using a dualshock and a sixaxis controller as well as three different wired Xbox pads and it never worked. I also tried with someone else's mayflash converter while at HoG and it didn't work. Joel has that converter too and has never got it to work either.

If you want to use that shitty Xbox pad on a ps3 it's ok, but I am convinced they don't work for ps3 pad to Xbox. Or I'm just doing it wrong...

Are you sure about that? I mean I've seen YouTube videos of it too, but have you ever got the mayflash adaptor working yourself? I've tried mine using a dualshock and a sixaxis controller as well as three different wired Xbox pads and it never worked. I also tried with someone else's mayflash converter while at HoG and it didn't work. Joel has that converter too and has never got it to work either.

If you want to use that shitty Xbox pad on a ps3 it's ok, but I am convinced they don't work for ps3 pad to Xbox. Or I'm just doing it wrong...
actually yes, I got it working when I went down to Rudeb0y's was fairly simple:
threw in the mayflash in his xbox, threw the wired XBOX controller into the mayflash, took out the wired XBOX pad and threw in the PS3 controller with the USB cable attached and it worked just fine...all my iaga's and 33B GS Cancels were on point.

it was this one right? http://www.amazon.co.uk/Universal-A...=UTF8&qid=1408178679&sr=8-3&keywords=mayflash

Last edited:
actually yes, I got it working when I went down to Rudeb0y's was fairly simple:
threw in the mayflash in his xbox, threw the wired XBOX controller into the mayflash, took out the wired XBOX pad and threw in the PS3 controller with the USB cable attached and it worked just fine...all my iaga's and 33B GS Cancels were on point.

it was this one right? http://www.amazon.co.uk/Universal-A...=UTF8&qid=1408178679&sr=8-3&keywords=mayflash
Yep, that's the one. And I followed that exact procedure. I couldn't get it working, Andy couldn't, Andy's friend couldn't, sotiris couldn't with his adapter. Maybe it only works with specific controllers or something. I can always bring mine along if we have a session in brum.

Yep, that's the one. And I followed that exact procedure. I couldn't get it working, Andy couldn't, Andy's friend couldn't, sotiris couldn't with his adapter. Maybe it only works with specific controllers or something. I can always bring mine along if we have a session in brum.

hmm odd, very odd...I dunno about specific controllers...the controller rudeb0y lent was an unofficial one iirc and I got my adapter working through that...but yh bring it down and we'll see if we can get it working...if not...well I'll probs bring down my PS3 anyway...unless someone else wants to do this

Back