Unlisted Yoshi Moves

Gabedamien

I Want To Be Happy
Hi, FYI I realized that Yoshi has 9B+K K 4, but it isn’t listed (only 9B+K, K is). Any other “hidden” moves?

Yeah, not sure of the hop’s worth... although it does auto-orient him towards the opponent, avoiding potential BT status if you jump over a grounded character. But it puts you at major disadvantage.

My only reason for bringing it up is to highlight the point that not everything he can do may be actually included in the move list. So if anyone notices anything else, I figured it would be worth pointing out.

Unlisted 88-damage unblockable attack if you successfully impact an attack with IND A+B.

Unlisted 88-damage unblockable attack if you successfully impact an attack with IND A+B.
Huh, they didn’t even list it? I didn’t notice that. It was always pretty obvious to me that MED A+B K :K existed. Thanks for adding it to the thread!

It's not unlisted since there is a notation for the aGI in the move list and you don't press any additional buttons to perform the UB after aGI. What could be unlisted though is a recovery move after that UB like you would do in SC4.
Has anyone maybe stumbled upon it? Cause without it I think it's actually crappy move. It can be easily evaded and even if you do hit your opponent it leaves you in a bad spot i.e. stunned on the ground while your opponent has already recovered from the hit.

Edit:
Nevermind... there's is a recovery in a form of K:K on hit and upon landing.

Yeah, the K:K afterward is unlisted. I didn't even know it existed in V until Gabe told me it did. 4 after 9B+K puts you at such a disadvantage that I'm not sure it has a use. I believe it was this way in IV though.

Well this technically isn't on the move list but you can control how far you can go during Running Flea.

Also, you can go forward or back a whole body length with the Super Dragonfly suicide 8a+k or 6a+k.

8 or 6? That's odd...I'd think it'd be 4 or 6, if we're talking forward and back. []

I think he meant 4 or 6. Air suicide can now hit runners/backdashers if you press the direction before A+K. It's roughly the same as tracking someone with SDGF B. Pretty neat and catches people thinking it's completely vertical like in IV.

IND A+B does the old reflection unblockable, but I keep messing it up. I thought it was G when he lands on his head in IV.... wasn't it? I keep pressing that instead of K ~ K.

... take that, Yoshi2. That's what you get for having a more annoying ear slicer than Yoshi1. How the hell you killed Yoshi1 with that piece of crap, I'll never know.

There are moves from drunken stance that aren't listed in the normal moves list. Someone with the guide could post them up if anyone hasn't seen them.

Some cool stuff, I didn’t know about redirecting SDGF A+K at all. On the other hand, it’s become somewhat hard to hit with, seems the hitbox has become narrower.

Supa, the :K recovery in SCIV REF A+B A_B_K :K was the same (it wasn’t G), except for a small subtle issue; contrary to most people’s belief, you only needed one K as his head hit in SCIV, and the timing of that single K determined the result of the subsequent backflip (whiff, slight life, or aGI + lots of life). I tested this pretty carefully in that game, but it was completely pointless as SCIV was already 3 years old at that point and everyone was more interested in SCV. Plus REF A+B was so hard to guess right with. :-P

You can warp from IND and end up in backturned. I don't have the exact notation down yet, but it's some combination of 1, 4, and/or 7.

I was trying to figure out if there's a way to warp behind the opponent to make it actually useful in high-level play, but the BT stuff is all I found and this only seems to work with the warp, not any of the attacks. :(

You can warp from IND and end up in backturned. I don't have the exact notation down yet, but it's some combination of 1, 4, and/or 7.

I was trying to figure out if there's a way to warp behind the opponent to make it actually useful in high-level play, but the BT stuff is all I found and this only seems to work with the warp, not any of the attacks. :(

If you want to warp behind your opponent you have to be facing the other way... easiest way is hit them with a flea hop then keep hopping, go into MED then warp... you will end up behind them but also with your back turned...

Pretty dumb... LOL I do not like yoshi very much at all in this one... Good luck to those of you that stick with him.

I thought it was random....

I thought so too at first, but when I started messing around with notations, I could get it maybe 4/10 times. When I left the stick in neutral I didn't get it at all.

If you want to warp behind your opponent you have to be facing the other way... easiest way is hit them with a flea hop then keep hopping, go into MED then warp... you will end up behind them but also with your back turned...

Pretty dumb... LOL I do not like yoshi very much at all in this one... Good luck to those of you that stick with him.

I've picked up two other characters because I think Yoshi is severely lacking, but he's still my main at the moment. I don't want to complain too much in this thread, but I agree with you 100%. I think I'm most upset about the Tekken moves being random, but he's lacking all around and I'm not liking him.

Not so much unlisted, as A+B ~ K is in the move list, but what it doesn't mention is that you can do a+bK. This skips most (if not all) of the Bad Stomach/Breath animation and goes directly into the back flip.

It's a little slow to execute, so I wouldn't use it as a reaction. More of an escape if you can guess what's coming up next.

Here is one I found to be very useful.. From SDGF 2B+K's second hit (he falls down crushing the opponent's block in IND stance) can be redirected! if you press 6 or 4 after 2B+K his second hit (the one after he slams the ground) can move a little bit in either direction.. I get a lot of people with it especially if they don't block the 'earthquake' effect from the first hit. If they block both, and I feel like getting fancy I IND>A+K>A they almost never see it coming xD

Ive been trying to find this on the moves list and have no idea how I did it so wondering if anyone could help me? I think I tried it with A+B but basically Yoshi cuts through the opponent in a close animation which makes it look like a counter similar to Rugis. I might not be looking hard enough though but thought I would ask since I am attempting to main Yoshi.

Back