Unpopular opinion: the infinite rematches SUCK

Do you like the current or old rematch system?

• current (infinite rematch)

• old (first to 2)

Results are only viewable after voting.

pappico

[08] Mercenary
And the previous first to 2 matches was more than perfect.

Here are my main reasons as to why I think it's terrible.

1.) Other players will wait too long in the matchmaking screen (this is super bad). In non-peak hours, you're stuck waiting for opponents while the other two are fighting each other for 20 matches.

2.) It makes your rank very inaccurate when your skill is pretty much based on fighting the same person multiple times. I know ranked is already very flawed right now when you don't lose that much points from losing, but why bother making it even more pointless? Plus, boosting is a thing so that sucks a lot.

3.) It allows the better player to take advantage of persistent, less-experienced players. Yes they HAVE a choice to quit, but please don't pretend the thrill of "getting even" doesn't exist. Beginners, inexperienced players, and less-skilled players have the tendency to rematch despite losing a lot because of this.

It's really not fun playing the same player over and over again, that's what Casual/Player match is for. Infinite rematches in Ranked mode will also enable boosting, with the better player taking advantage of the more persistent, less-experienced player.

Simply put, you should not be able to "choose" your opponents in Ranked. Part of Ranked mode is to test your skills among the rest of the players worldwide. As one guy from Reddit stated, playing against the same players in long sets stops ranked mode from being a test of skill and only encourages you to learn how to fight against that one specific player.

I don't get why they bothered changing the system similar to Tekken 7. It's so annoying. Removing the country/region search option was not needed too.

Felt like ranting because I enjoy SCVI's ranked mode greatly and this update is such a bummer for me and makes the game boring. Thoughts?

Last edited:
Reactions: d3v
Back