Unused Nightmare tools

SO I guess they both have their pluses and minuses. They both have awesome range, WR A is only -5 but doesn't TC and is 1 frame slower, WR 3B TC's but is -18....

When I play Nightmare, I am a really big fan of whoring out 44A. However, I don't see this move being used all that much by people who main Nightmare. It's -12 on block, but if used at tip range I think the only person who could punish it is Alpha Pat. A 40 damage mid step kill that breaks in 11 is something to respect imo.

When I play Nightmare, I am a really big fan of whoring out 44A. However, I don't see this move being used all that much by people who main Nightmare. It's -12 on block, but if used at tip range I think the only person who could punish it is Alpha Pat. A 40 damage mid step kill that breaks in 11 is something to respect imo.

I find that the problem with that move is that it is -12. So its technically safe but you cannot (actually should not is a better word) do anything after it is blocked. I find that from watching videos and my own personal experience that if Nightmare attempts anything after 44A besides block, Nightmare gets hit. The push back on that move is not significant and also leaves Nightmare in 50/50 mix-up range.

Its not a bad move but not a great move. I think new tech has been discovered for it right? This new tech makes the move better as well right?

I find that 44A is only good for wearing down the guard gauge, its very slow and I haven't had much success getting it to hit, though it does have decent techtraps and play dead traps if it does hit.

Its a tool I don't rely on very much.

If I recall, 44A on hit gives you a tech trap with 1A.

my most unused move is 11B / 11 (B), its actually a very good move but i forget to use it most of the time. Post 2A+B i usually 1K, so 11B is mostly neglected.

44A is great for nailing people who are trying to step away from the edge but are just out of agA/6A/3AA's ringout range.

I feel like 8B is underused. Everyone uses 8K instead because it's faster and kills step, but 8B is pretty damn nice. TJing mid with great range, -5 on block, knockdown on NH, forces crouch. 8B on block into 8B or backdash beats FC As and FC Ks. CE beats almost any immediate attack.

44A is great for nailing people who are trying to step away from the edge but are just out of agA/6A/3AA's ringout range.

I feel like 8B is underused. Everyone uses 8K instead because it's faster and kills step, but 8B is pretty damn nice. TJing mid with great range, -5 on block, knockdown on NH, forces crouch. 8B on block into 8B or backdash beats FC As and FC Ks. CE beats almost any immediate attack.

8B is godlike.

One use I've found for 1B, are people who are in a stance, and you have some distance, as they may not be able to block or step it, and you may outrange whatever they're trying to accomplish in their stance. Other than that, it's a move I don't usually touch.

One use I've found for 1B, are people who are in a stance, and you have some distance, as they may not be able to block or step it, and you may outrange whatever they're trying to accomplish in their stance. Other than that, it's a move I don't usually touch.

Shelamare Taught me how to use 1B (6:00)

6K is bad and not really effective
1354746220928.png

6K bad? Let's see... fast, safe on block, advantage in hit and KND in CH that guarantees 3B and 236K BE. 6K is great in my opinion.
What do you guys think of 66A+B? Is slow, unsafe(semi-safe if used at long distance) and the range is not great either. If I remember correctly, this move used to RO in previous games, but now it doesn't, which make this move much worse in my opinion.

6K bad? Let's see... fast, safe on block, advantage in hit and KND in CH that guarantees 3B and 236K BE. 6K is great in my opinion.
What do you guys think of 66A+B? Is slow, unsafe(semi-safe if used at long distance) and the range is not great either. If I remember correctly, this move used to RO in previous games, but now it doesn't, which make this move much worse in my opinion.
Watch some matches with Thermidor

Just in case no one knows, 44A combos into 33B-Be. The timing is tricky, is range dependent, and I think you can JG out of it from the ground, but not many people can actually do that. It works on an open stage too no walls are necessary, So yeah, 33B-Be actually has a use, but even then it's just a tiny bit more damage for a BE. Only worth it if it leads to KO .

edit: you have to input 663B for it to work

Just in case no one knows, 44A combos into 33B-Be. The timing is tricky, is range dependent, and I think you can JG out of it from the ground, but not many people can actually do that. It works on an open stage too no walls are necessary, So yeah, 33B-Be actually has a use, but even then it's just a tiny bit more damage for a BE. Only worth it if it leads to KO .

edit: you have to input 663B for it to work

33B BE from my experience is a great whiff punisher. If you add in the mix-up which I suggested some time ago, you could do a potential 100++ damage from 33B BE.

yeah but 33B-GS-B does dam near as much damage with no meter.

Unless, of course there is some magical combo from 33b-Be that I don't know about. All I know is Aga, and 2A+B

Edit: I'm not nearly as much of a fan of 'potential' damage from a mix-up as I am from guaranteed damage.

33b BE is bad, and any use it had before is now replaced by gs cancel. The only thing 33b BE is good for now is a whiff punish into a forward RO, which can also be done by a plethora of other moves.

It was pretty useless before, and completely useless now.

Back