US Government Shutdown

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's not act like we know how the founding fathers of America think. History ("his story") will never give a full picture of their personalities and opinions.

Also, we believe politics is shit when we believe that the primary role of government is to make the public happy. That's a role no government can ever fulfil. And if we perceive them with such expectations, we're heading for waves of disappointment.

Let's not act like we know how the founding fathers of America think. History ("his story") will never give a full picture of their personalities and opinions.

Also, we believe politics is shit when we believe that the primary role of government is to make the public happy. That's a role no government can ever fulfil. And if we perceive them with such expectations, we're heading for waves of disappointment.

Yes, the role of the government is to serve and protect it's citizens, not control and restrict them.

Also... ALEX JONES WINS this whole topic. =] Watch him go HAM on Piers!!

Yes, the role of the government is to serve and protect it's citizens,
Which is also unrealistic unless they control and restrict their citizens. Much like how a parent would control and restrict their child/ren to their viewpoint so as to keep an eye on them.

Freedom is the unknown, and we fear what we don't understand. The risk and uncertainty's in the unknown. Freedom is risk and uncertainty. Safety's in the certain, known, and unrisky.

And when we expects governments to make us happy (ask yourself, if government did everything you wanted right, how would you feel?), we place the responsibilities of freedom and safety on them. And externalised, freedom and safety are contradictions.

This is why when the NSA-spying scandal broke out, Obama said that we can't have complete freedom and complete safety. Trades have to be made. And he asked for an open discussion about this, too.

If we expect people and/or institutions to give us freedom and safety, then odds are it's because we believe we're incapable of giving freedom and safety to ourselves. Otherwise, we wouldn't need government to do and give us things we want. Government can aid us, but if we perceive it as a crutch (especially when it comes to the core principles we believe government should adhere to), then we're projecting. And blaming.

And we all do it. "Government should/n't be doing this! Government should/n't be doing that! This is what government should/n't be!".

Last edited:
Just curious, do any non-Americans support the current gun laws?
The UK went hard on gun restrictions after the Dunblaine massacre in the 90s. There can be a shitload of hysetermedia when gun crime does happen, but statistically, it's been very low since.

Just curious, do any non-Americans support the current gun laws?
If people have predisposition to do shit they will, restricting guns is somewhat useful, people only bitch about not being able because:
1-They need to prove something by having a gun.
2-Intimidation, half of the crimes where someone picks gun the bandit is able to shoot your first, or stab, people think they are actually trained by just having a gun, but don't have a bloody idea how to use it.
Most countries in the world should learn from Canada, people there can have guns but they don't, because their government actually works well on crime prevention.

can people even get deported because of a dumb petition?!

Lol, I don't think so, but it's hilarious how Alex Jones got 100,000 people to want to kick Piers out of the country in under 72 hours... xD

"How many great white sharks kill people every year? YOU'RE A HATCHET MAN!" Lol.

Britain > America. sry

Lack of crazy religious fuck nuts. Lack of utter morons with guns. Lack of trigger happy cops. Lack of retarded politicians, yeah we have some bad politicians but some American ones are fucking mental like.

Then there's the whole wanting to bomb everyone. The obsession with the superficial. The constant fucking advertisements. Deserts, because fucks deserts. Bears and rattle snakes. Fucking natural disasters that gets blamed on gays. Crocodiles. Dedication to 'amendments' and annoying over the top patriotism. The word Soccer. The Californian accent. Infomercials, why are you shouting at me brother? Calling black people Afro American, more so if they are neither African or American. The way you pronounce 'Z'. Illogical M/D/Y date format. Highly influential retarded celebrities. Linking video games to violence. You're fuck off abbreviation internet laws SOPA, PIPA, PISPAOSAfpa.

U+WOT+M8+description+.+http+www.facebook.com+martin.w.keating_079b02_4051759.jpg

The constant fucking advertisements. Deserts, because fucks deserts The word Soccer. The Californian accent. Calling black people Afro American, more so if they are neither African or American. The way you pronounce 'Z'. Illogical M/D/Y date format.

what? i agree, fuck deserts. when we have another sport that we call football, we had to have something (at least it's better than futbol & futbol americano in spanish). the only time i ever hear/see people say african american is on job applications and news/politics. i don't understand the "Z" thing, do brits say something other than "zee"? i kinda tie the date format with our lack of metric since everywhere else BUT us seems to use them.

i still have no idea what "u wot m8" even means =/

So... lot of stuff being said, sides being taken.... but has no one honestly stopped all this and just thought about what's truly important here?

The government is shutdown and marijuana is still illegal! C'MON! Let's get out priorities straight here.

So... lot of stuff being said, sides being taken.... but has no one honestly stopped all this and just thought about what's truly important here?

The government is shutdown and marijuana is still illegal! C'MON! Let's get out priorities straight here.

Yeah, why are there British people here going "want some crumpets mate?! US system is bullocks, our socialized health care and 50%+ high income tax is so much better!"

And I still have the highest gamerscore of anyone on this board so anyone who disagrees with anything I have to say is auto-dismissed. =]

Yeah, why are there British people here going "want some crumpets mate?!
This is another reason we think the US is a piece of shit, because their stereotypes are so pathetic. I don't even like crumpets lol

Britain > America. sry

Lack of crazy religious fuck nuts. Lack of utter morons with guns. Lack of trigger happy cops. Lack of retarded politicians, yeah we have some bad politicians but some American ones are fucking mental like.

Then there's the whole wanting to bomb everyone. The obsession with the superficial. The constant fucking advertisements. Deserts, because fucks deserts. Bears and rattle snakes. Fucking natural disasters that gets blamed on gays. The word Soccer. The way you pronounce 'Z'. Illogical M/D/Y date format.

U+WOT+M8+description+.+http+www.facebook.com+martin.w.keating_079b02_4051759.jpg
lol at "The word soccer" and "The way you pronounce 'Z' ".

u wot m8? fight me irl.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back