Username:Explained

Psylocide

[09] Warrior
Pretty simple... How did you choose your Username for 8wayrun.com?

I use Psylocide for everything. (except COD:MW, where I am known simply as -.-)

It is a mash-up of Psilocybin, found in hallucinogenic mushrooms and the latin suffix "-cide" which is roughly translated as "to cut down."

I changed the "I" in Psilo to a "Y" because it looked better.

So... lets hear it.

I saw some cute asian guy on a television show when I was in 7th grade. His name was Krit and I liked it. Ta-daaaa~

Me and my girl use (well, used - she's since made her own account on PSN) the same PSN name, so I came up with something that wasn't gender specific. I had tried a thousand other names and most of them either didn't fit the PSN criteria or were already in use...it took me fuckin' forever to get a PSN name. x_x

I was forever known as Sleeping Dragon on other forums. It has to do with a man trying to reach his full potential.
I changed it to Dragon for my off-roading forums for simplicity sake.
Dragon (of course) was taken on XBox Live, so I was in a pickle to come up with new name so I didn't need to use xxXXDRAGON973640387XXxx.

At the age of 15 I began taking the martial arts. It started with Tae Kwon Do and Hapkido, but grew from there until I was proficient in Shotokan Karate and Hakko Ryu Jujitsu. A large part of the martial arts is something called Tai Sabaki, which is the spacing and movement between two opponents; a rhythm if you will. If you think of it, spacing and movement between opponents is much more important (as is balance) than an entire arsenal of strikes, throws, and binds. If the former is not there, the latter is useless. Bear with me. I'm getting to the point. ...I promise. :)
Soul Calibur matches are not too entirely different when it comes to spacing. There is an "in and out" flow between combatants that, oddly enough, mimics the way bamboo blows in the wind. It gusts one direction only to fade back and lean the other, before the wind drives it forward again. If you ever see tall grass or bamboo blown in a heavy wind you will get what I am saying. At times it almost lays completely down, but it never breaks. It just rises and starts to flow in and out again. :)

There have been martial art schools (one Kendo school in particular) named after the willow because of it's foundational strength but also it's ability to bend and flow. Had I opend my own school, it would have been "Take Kaze Ryu", or "School of the Bamboo Wind".

Wall of text complete. :)

spongebob because i watch spongebob.

YUR_GRANDMA I just made when i was bored one day on PSN and since then its always been funny.

In cod4 a while ago: You were killed by: YUR_GRANDMA

"Jaxel" because my name is Jason AXELrod... though I'm thinking of changing it fulltime to "Jaxelrod" instead. Even though I was the first Jaxel on the internet, Anne Rice has since created a Vampire character named "Jaxel"; and now I'm finding it harder to get the name Jaxel unless I am the first person to register at a website. Yet, I never seem to have a problem registering Jaxelrod.

Basically back in grade 7 or 8, two or three of my friends used to come over all the time after school to play Powerstone 2 and Rush 2049 on the Dreamcast.

I was pretty much always kicking their ass at the games and sometimes if I beat them one of them shout out "OOOOOOOF!" (don't ask me why, it was just an exclamation).

After that when I re-registered on the SC forums in 2002 I wanted a name that was so unique that no one in the world would ever think of it, and I also wanted it to sound comical and not too serious.

So I figured "oof" was a pretty funny word, and of course the suffix "matic" means something that happens automatically or mechanically.

So I put the two together and that's how the name OOFMATIC came to be. Or "automated OOF's" if you wanna be literal about it. :)

I was originally Chuck the Landslide on the first SC forums, but that name is too long here. The Landslide flows better anyway.

To be honest there is literally no reason I use this screen name, other than the fact that landslides are cool. I guess there are a few songs out there that I liked years ago called Landslide, but they definitely didn't make me pick the name. Beyond the fact that my first name is Chuck (though a lot of people call me by my middle name, Elliott) I can't remember what drove me to like the word Landslide.

Either way, every time I get a game for PC or something I think of a hundred cool names I could use instead of Landslide, but I have to do it because... I don't know.

Everyone in NJ/NY seems to think my name is funny or something (which I'm thankful for) and they like to change the "slide" part of it to make funny words (like Playground Slide or Slip N' Slide) which is great, I just don't expect my tag to instill fear or anything any time soon.

The horror movie. Back in 2004 when I first got the access to the internet I didn't know what nickname to use, to I used "Ring" because it was my favorite movie. After a while I created the second biggest website about "Ring" movies, which now I'm trying to resurrect, since "Ring 3" is coming =P

I became well known as Ring in the SC community. If that wasn't the case, I probably would have changed my nickname a long time ago.

The horror movie. Back in 2004 when I first got the access to the internet I didn't know what nickname to use, to I used "Ring" because it was my favorite movie. After a while I created the second biggest website about "Ring" movies, which now I'm trying to resurrect, since "Ring 3" is coming =P

I became well known as Ring in the SC community. If that wasn't the case, I probably would have changed my nickname a long time ago.

Wow thats intresting. I never knew there were any fans of the ring here i honestly prefer the actual japanese which are Ju-on but the amercian adaption of the ring 3 was not bad at all i mean i really loved it myself. Since im now seeing that im not the only horror movies fan here when you ressurect your site let me know ill gladly check it out.
Alright well my name in english is chris capps so when i first got online for psn or useing names for the internet i decided to ask a good friend of mine how i would use my name in japanese. So i ended up researching and found that kurisu means chris and then i just added kappsu rather or not it means last name doesn't bother me to much lol. Ive used alot of other name but my the 2 names ive always liked the best are kurisu and shinku_chou. I choose shinku_chou as it stands for Crimson Butterfly in japanese and it was also the title for of my most favortie games of all time fatal frame.

it's a letterplay on Booboo. That's how I call my fiancee around the house and I use it on forums too but I variate a little... Booboo, Wuwu, Woowu... you get it..

Back in the original Xbox days I spent at least half and hour/ 30 minutes inputting names that either did not fit or everyone had already taken. So frustrating. I can't be mad though as most of them were cliche and unoriginal. So I said to myself why the **** is there nothing unique lol!

Then all of sudden I just said **** it and typed in Something-Unique/SomethingUnique can't remember and it worked. At the time I didn't care as I just wanted to get online and play some DOA, etc. and was frustrated. But then over time people started getting attracted to the name for some reason (I thought it was dumb to be honest) and it stuck with me since I was heavy in the DOA space online like I once was in SC4 online.

So I kept it and now i'm known by either the abbreviated S-U/SU or Unique in respective forums. Lol!

I used to be Omnislash on the old SC forums. That got clipped to just Omni. But I figure, new forum, new handle. So I went to the handle I use on all other forums I visit -- Allyourbase. Also, it's my favorite Internet meme.

Before I joined 8WR I was on GameFAQS and there my username was Andy Asteroids. That usename came from when I played the hell out of Earthworm Jim.

After I got baned from it I named myself Mr_Takosue. the Takosuke came from playing the hell out ofd playing Parodius and the Mr part of it came from the fact that I get mistaken for being a girl quite a lot due to my PSN name.

Wow thats intresting. I never knew there were any fans of the ring here i honestly prefer the actual japanese which are Ju-on but the amercian adaption of the ring 3 was not bad at all .

Ringu. Ju-on is the Japanese version of Grudge. The Ring is Ringu. Sorry for the hijack.

my bboy alias, became my artist penname, and then i began using it as my gamertag.

people always called me weird, strange, random, insane, on drugs, etc etc since i was a youngin.
when i started to break i decided to use madness but i didn't want to follow the correct spelling so i misspelled it on purpose.
have a whole logic behind it too. but i'm too tired to detail it right now. suffice to say, Haku is a hint at it.

use your brains, figure it out. unless you're too stupid. then it's whatever. draw your own conclusions. I'm tired of constantly having to reintroduce myself.

why did i come in here again? my fucking sleepy ass... oi....

whatever.

anyway.. madnis. scion of madness. insanity personified. the fucking truth. remove the mask. and all that shit.

Back