VE Study

Belial

King of Hundred Swords
Try the following Raph vs Raph
p1 3~B+K VE
p2 sidestep into instant BB
raph's BB get automatically stepped by VE that's not possible normally (since raphs BB will track anything even VE normally) the high atacks will also get automatically ducked by SEA even if you press B+K.

But the most interesting find is
p1 3~prep BB~B+K
p2 back to the wall, sidestep A+B
the first hit of A+B will wiff but the second will be ... auto GI-ed!? and your opp will lose health and drop to the ground!
wtf?!

o.O
that sounds....pretty..strange. A video of this would have really helped.
I dont know about BB tracking EVERYTHING... Even maxi's A+K has stepped my BB on occassion.

VE is part step and part AE. if hes in the AE frames then no mid vert or vert kick can touch him, and if it does somehow connect then youll get the "death stun" GI or whatever it is, although this is very difficult to pull off (i still have no clue how the death stun works despite trying to put raph in situations where the AE wont work).

also prep will AE all highs into SEA, so i believe during your tests youre simply getting the high to hit before the VE animation begins.

That was pre 1.03 patch.

BB seemed to lose it's tracking ...significantly

Hey can you really get your life back from the VE throw? If so how do you do it? How much can you get and any other pertinent info is welcome thx

Hey can you really get your life back from the VE throw? If so how do you do it? How much can you get and any other pertinent info is welcome thx
Mash non-directional buttons during the animation. Someone said it was 5 inputs = 2 hp. A+B equals one input, so I've just been using two buttons to mash. It's really hard to tell what the best method is, but the difference is minimal.

Hello ShadowG,
I confirm what CNP said. The idea to gain life while the throw is to smash the buttons as fast as possible.

In addition, one of the bests advantages of VE throw is that it is impossible for the opponent to know if he needs to push on A or B to cancel the throw!

How does the advantage for wakeups compared to getting them with a A+G grab though ?

abut VE A on hit here's I usually do for set up :
1. throw
2. 33KB
3. 3B for further pressure
4. 44K if you want to change position
5. 1K
6. any ideas :) ?

I wouldnt 1K after a VE A hit, since they are so close (unless it's a slow char or a kill move).

Grab/3B and the occasional 33Kb for me.
----

Keep in mind some characters have a short ranged BT A, so you can even do 44B for style points if you expecting the to counterattack (but who would).

44B after VE A on block if for those who try to interrupt your basic mixups with a quick AA or 2A.

3 KB always gets me stuffed maybe this will give me time to pull it out.
Also 66A+B Is a good option. does decent soul gauge damage and is a tech trap

3 KB always gets me stuffed maybe this will give me time to pull it out.
Also 66A+B Is a good option. does decent soul gauge damage and is a tech trap

I strongly suggest doing 66A+B at tip range, which gives it enourmous pushback (unless you plan to use it to bait a slower move at closer range and stuff it was 6BBB..which shouldn't happen too much)

i love VE A to 33 KB thx for telling me about it wuht

also my soul crush game has goten way stronger by using VE B:B more often

Back