Status
Not open for further replies.

Seran Zealot

[10] Knight
I'm looking for a video that explains the mindset behind casuals and scrubs who use "playing for fun" as an excuse to not learn the game. It talks about other things, iirc how it marginalizes the effort put in by those who do.
I want to say it was made by someone like Killian or something. A name that people know. Video is kind of old iirc.
Even if you don't know it, post similar videos. I enjoy the topic and hate casuals.

Sounds like the old articles Seth Killian wrote. Youtube search gave me this:

Also any stupid scrub run in will teach you the same thing.

When you are online and find a casual room, expect them to get angry and kick you for putting any effort into your gameplay and not your CaS.

Seriously though, I personally feel like you can still play for fun even while developing an understanding for the game. Even casuals would understand this if most of them got rid of their scrub mentality and cliché excuses. But oh well, they can be like that for all I care.

Also is it me or do casuals seem to get defensive when you ask them to define their definition of playing a game for fun? I'm curious.

They do get mad when you start counting how many moves they're doing if they cry spam.

"What? You're using three moves!"
"Sssss.... Shut up!"

I had someone lose their shit that I used 66B twice which hit while they were downed and claimed it was spam, yet constant use of Xiba 6A+B and 2A+B is called doing combos

Preaching how to play a game to stubborn people is like preaching to stubborn people who don't want the gospel.

They both are complacent in their ways and that's why they'll both be miserable.

Personally, I laugh at both because it's like children trying to say adults should kneel before children. I really want to wish them well, but all I can do is pat their head and call them "endearing".

Preaching how to play a game to stubborn people is like preaching to stubborn people who don't want the gospel.
Nah. They're already playing the game, so they might be open to improving in the game.

You'd have to be converting a chick you met on Christianmingles.com to be in the same ballpark.

I played like 40k games in sc4. The concept of "learning the game" never really came to me til I happened upon a tournament stream near the end of sc4's life.

They both are complacent in their ways and that's why they'll both be miserable.

Personally, I laugh at both because it's like children trying to say adults should kneel before children. I really want to wish them well, but all I can do is pat their head and call them "endearing".

Preaching the gospel to someone who doesn't want it is like sticking your tongue down a girls throat who said no already. You saying they don't want it heavily implies you don't have their consent, sounds kinda rapey.

Again, Pocky with the worst analogies of the year. The fact they bought SC5, hopped online, and are playing it, is something incomparable to your example. It would more be like someone buying the bible, hopping online, and getting angry there was a concept they couldn't understand.

So, people who believe the fairy tale are the adults and people who don't or otherwise question it are the children? I'm confused at your analogy. People who don't want the gospel are nothing like casuals playing a video game. For one, video games actually exist and are fun. Someone having fun playing a video game cannot be compared to throwing your life away to a misguided concept created thousands of years ago in ignorance. Ironically enough, used to control people, not to save them.

You know, in this case, maybe the casuals have it right. You call them complacent, but they're just enjoying themselves Kappa

Pardon the post. Using a phone to lazy too edit haha.

Now to answer individually.

@Marginal. I'm old-fashioned when it comes to ladies haha. You meet. You fall in love. You marry and live happily ever after. Of course pass the torch to kids to repeat the process. Christian mingle is well.......stupid haha. Too good for that.

@Alex J.People preaching the gospel to me made me want to choke a puppy, but what got me to respond was they were genuine. They knew bible and lived by it like how you know frame data and lived by it. They weren't perfect just like you, but the common thing was that drive to stick to facts. Despite what went down, I grew to love God because geniune people were patient with my shortcomings. Kinda like I loved scv more because someone was patient and taught me properly. Love is saying things as it is and still being there when it all hits the fan. Have I hurled any profane bar words like idiot or bitter fool or other mild words towards you Alex? That's my love towards you dude. We may argue, but somehow I knew you were gonna see my post and respond. Hook. Line. Sink.

@fukou_da_man. I'm going to say it to be cheeky. I'll have a waifu before you haha. Rhetorical question is can a child who knows everything teach a parent who been through everything on how to live life? Do you even have balls to change your life you educated complicated-ton? Yeah, you a sissy whining at others and not making a change at yourself. Saying God doesn't exist? Oh really? Then you shouldn't exist either. And again, I'm gonna have a waifu before you.

Huh? I already have a waifu. See, Pocky; you make a handful of assumptions and turn them into an "argument". In reality, you don't *know* you are right, and I don't *know* you are wrong. What I do know is that you ain't got shit but you carry yourself like you got all the answers.

Even if God is real and HE has all the answers, you don't. And God's existence alone - even if you could prove such a thing in the first place - still does little to add to your argument.

Let's say he's real, doesn't that just make him the ultimate asshole? If he's perfect then all our failures and suffering are on him, and he's just letting it happen to be a cheeky cunt. Otherwise, he is not omnipotent and he is not perfect, and as such, he had a lot of balls to be calling himself " God", doesn't he?

You can say what you want about me Pocky, but truth is you don't know me, why I think the way I do or why I am not afraid to live my life without a cosmic babysitter.

The real question is, while maybe I am wrong, why do you think you're so right? And to the point that you can insult others about the subject and make base assumptions on their entire lives?

Huh? I already have a waifu. See, Pocky; you make a handful of assumptions and turn them into an "argument". In reality, you don't *know* you are right, and I don't *know* you are wrong. What I do know is that you ain't got shit but you carry yourself like you got all the answers.

Even if God is real and HE has all the answers, you don't. And God's existence alone - even if you could prove such a thing in the first place - still does little to add to your argument.

Let's say he's real, doesn't that just make him the ultimate asshole? If he's perfect then all our failures and suffering are on him, and he's just letting it happen to be a cheeky cunt. Otherwise, he is not omnipotent and he is not perfect, and as such, he had a lot of balls to be calling himself " God", doesn't he?

You can say what you want about me Pocky, but truth is you don't know me, why I think the way I do or why I am not afraid to live my life without a cosmic babysitter.

The real question is, while maybe I am wrong, why do you think you're so right? And to the point that you can insult others about the subject and make base assumptions on their entire lives?
Shall I reveal it to you time and time again? God ain't gonna reach down and change your life because your reactions suggest that he should make your problems disappear. Be it some failed relationship, the fact you ain't good with your money, etc.

If that were the case, neither of us would need to do anything. You seem to forget he's our heavenly father. One who at times makes anyone feel impatient and vulnerable, but he always talks through geniune people who ain't afraid to tell you as it is.

Fathers don't do everything for us. They show their children how to do stuff, but expect us to figure it out. You will make mistakes, but only you have the free will to make a change on your life. God delights in people who actually try. Not people who give up and expect things to just fall in your lap.

That's why you settle in marrying for a stinking female who don't exist. And why I'm purposely saying that I'll get a waifu before you do. A real one who exists at that.

Why am I right isn't anything but telling you as it is out of love. The same way God used people to reach me. Thus, why your responses are exactly what I foresaw. Because your life sounds a whole lot like my past life. God provides answers through people who overcame junk so others can do it too.

Even stinkin Madonna inspired stupid females to be more bimbo-ish. How much more can you inspire someone like an alpha male and stop being a beta male if you manned up?

Last edited:
Have I hurled any profane bar words like idiot or bitter fool or other mild words towards you Alex? That's my love towards you dude. We may argue, but somehow I knew you were gonna see my post and respond. Hook. Line. Sink.

That isn't love, that's hate. Love isn't an eternity of torture and misery. You wish upon me the worst thing possible. And why? Simply because I don't agree with you. That makes you a horrible person.

Again, you didn't really address my original statement. When someone tells you no, what gives you the right to try and continue to force your morals on them? You lack their consent, if this was physical contact like sex, you would be a rapist and in prison. If someone tells you no, leave them the fuck alone and keep your preaching to someone who wants to listen. The idea that everyone should be/think like you is extremely stupid and dangerous.

That's why you settle in marrying for a stinking female who don't exist. And why I'm purposely saying that I'll get a waifu before you do. A real one who exists at that.

Who are you to say what exists and doesn't? You literally believe in something that can't be proven to exist. Fukou's imaginary wife is as real as your god. Unless you can prove to me with evidence that she doesn't exist. For all I know, she's floating around on the other side of the universe.

I had someone lose their shit that I used 66B twice which hit while they were downed and claimed it was spam, yet constant use of Xiba 6A+B and 2A+B is called doing combos
Wasn't there an image of that in the PSN rooms to avoid thread?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back