Videos from Singapore

ShenOu

[10] Knight
Hey guys, I'll be posting up links to casuals/MMs in this thread. will try to keep the top few videos links and archive the rest.

Here's the latest one, I should have a 2nd Race to 5 uploaded this time tomorrow.

Here are some older vids, recorded from my phone. :(

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FkvzkSLyNLQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ibMi7ETobJI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ejQvkK4dw84
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oNsaVGFBJ94
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=da6dK9CnF3U
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sY4qtUpyB3g
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jmLX0Bf5_TU

When you're playing Omega especially, there are not much moves you can use. And this was a MM.

well you can use another attacks to maintain presure, like tech traps after a combo with 66A(BE).......if you gonna fight with a lot of AA or BB....you can anticipate AA's and do justice step, 236AB, and you tech crouch bellow the AA and punish them, and zoning more with 22_88 AA, 3A....
other way to beat AA, is iWR KA or B+K that tech crouches higs......or auto GI the BB with A+B, you have so many options to do than just BB or AA.....;)

Ok all the options you mentioned apart from ducking and punishing it guarantees a free 60 dmg stab from Omega. The point is Omega forces you to play a low risk poke game because most of the stuff you usually do against other characters is punishable.I'm forced to play like that. Justice Step under a A,A is considered high risk already, not to mention about 236A,B where i get CE-ed for free after that. I'm content with doing a B, B for a mid option that's fast.

This might sound harsh and i apologise, but I don't expect you to understand how exactly how hard it is to fight against Omega until you actually faced her (A proper one).

Ok all the options you mentioned apart from ducking and punishing it guarantees a free 60 dmg stab from Omega. The point is Omega forces you to play a low risk poke game because most of the stuff you usually do against other characters is punishable.I'm forced to play like that. Justice Step under a A,A is considered high risk already, not to mention about 236A,B where i get CE-ed for free after that. I'm content with doing a B, B for a mid option that's fast.

This might sound harsh and i apologise, but I don't expect you to understand how exactly how hard it is to fight against Omega until you actually faced her (A proper one).

well man, keep with your BB then ;)

Hi ka_kui : Serious question, do you play actively in any tournaments?
men....I think you are a friend, and you trying to defend your friend...good for you.....but the thing is, in that way the game becomes really boring, and you will turn an presure character into a turtle one....if you come with this statemens, i really dont wanna know what tipe of tournaments players you are, i mean.....in the evo, we are going to see top level players playing SC5 with only AA and BB???.....you have to be risky if you want better damage rewards man.....your tournament question not change the situation.

and at last is your desition how to play...im just posting my opinion...not trying to impose that

Well your opinion is wrong. And yes this is the kind of thing playing to win entails. You will see this at evo assuming characters like pyrrha and omega are in play.

well yeah if the players are pleople like you...i will see that type of play......your desitions guys ;)

men....I think you are a friend, and you trying to defend your friend...good for you.....but the thing is, in that way the game becomes really boring, and you will turn an presure character into a turtle one....if you come with this statemens, i really dont wanna know what tipe of tournaments players you are, i mean.....in the evo, we are going to see top level players playing SC5 with only AA and BB???.....you have to be risky if you want better damage rewards man.....your tournament question not change the situation.

and at last is your desition how to play...im just posting my opinion...not trying to impose that

Exactly, the game becomes boring to watch at casual levels, that i agree. High risk high reward is totally viable, that is definitely true so don't get me wrong. On paper, i can 236A B every time i think he's gonna do a throw, A As, etc. but in return if he blocks, i eat unnecessary damage whereas if i can just duck and WS A+B a throw, that's a different story because it's consistent. Consistency is one of the most important factors at the high level play.

And yes expect AA and BB at Evo Finals if it's the Pyrrha or Omega. They restrict you that much, I really hate the both of them. No hate here man ka_kui, everyone's entitled to their own opinions.

Exactly, the game becomes boring to watch at casual levels, that i agree. High risk high reward is totally viable, that is definitely true so don't get me wrong. On paper, i can 236A B every time i think he's gonna do a throw, A As, etc. but in return if he blocks, i eat unnecessary damage whereas if i can just duck and WS A+B a throw, that's a different story because it's consistent. Consistency is one of the most important factors at the high level play.

And yes expect AA and BB at Evo Finals if it's the Pyrrha or Omega. They restrict you that much, I really hate the both of them. No hate here man ka_kui, everyone's entitled to their own opinions.

no problem man...;)

Hi ka_kui,

If you could give actual constructive criticism for him, he will definitely take note of it and try it out because he does look at every possibility of his character. If you gave him a plausible solution to a problem he might be having, and he doesn't try it out, I would personally walk up to him and tell him that he is wrong and he is being childish. And while ShenYu is being a dick, you can tell Chan has his heart in the right place from his above post.
However, you come in and just say "You use too much AA BB, fix it" as if you're of a higher standard of player or being compared to him.

The reason I ask if you play in any tournament scenes is simply because I want it laid out on whether you know what you're talking about. I'm sorry but ShenChan has been winning Soul Calibur tournaments for 8 years, since he was 14 years old. He has proven that he can hold his own against well known Soul Calibur players like Keev, RTD, Thugish_Pond and a lot more. If you can meet up to that, yes, I will entertain your bullshit piece of criticism and ask "Oh great ka_kui... why do you think AA and BB is bad when the rest of the fucking known competitive world, regardless of game or genre.. relies on simple "pokes" to win tournaments". But until then, get off your high horse and learn to talk nicely to people, if you want people to do the same to you. That is all.

You get Bing ads? You're lucky. I'm stuck with Georges St Fucking Pierre's workout plan.

AHEM GREAT SAINT PERFECT, you mean.

-

Playing safe isn't the most exciting thing to watch for some, but for others it's still enjoyable, now let's all be friends and bask in GREAT SAINT PERFECT's, well... Perfection.

Back