Viola General Discussion / Q&A

b+kBE (right as orb hits->) 6B+K 2A 44A(small delay)BE (at third orb hit->) 2b+kBE 6B+K B A.A.B 2A+B 2b+kBE B+K 66B 66A+B.B = 199 / 2.0 meter

I tried doing all sorts of different juggles, the combo drops before you can get a good ender if you don't use 2b+kBE B+K to pick them up the second time.

Edit: I don't know if anyone knows this, but when doing ORB 2A+B directly after b+kBE, they'll often get stunned facing down.

This allows for two 2A+B's to be used in one combo.
Example:
b+kBE (right after they hit the ground->) 2A+B 2b+kBE 6B+K B A.A.B 2A+B 2b+kBE B+K 66B 66A+B.B = 147 / 1.5 meter

Same here as above, combos will drop prior to getting a good ending if you don't use the 2b+kBE B+K to pick them up the second time around.

Last edited:
1B in an air combo will not ring out. You move forward too much to get to the point where 1B would connect.
No, 1B will ring out I tested, tried and used it, I didnt say in a combo, like i've been saying all along time correctly in conjunction with opponent aerial move e.g Maxi WR kk, cerv GDR B+K whiff, Lexia aK thing. I only list things which work.

I'm pretty sure the 3B alone might push you back too far.

2B+K 1B ;; b+kBE 1B ;;

2b+kBE 4 1B doesn't work. For whatever reason, 1B doesn't do its properties when done after that move. I also can't seem to get it from their front.

Kinda funny; BT 2b+kBE will ring out if they're near the edge.

And yeah, 3B A.A.B CE 1B doesn't ring out.

what is the frame data on Set 6B+K? the wiki doesn't say anything about it.
the thing I am wondering is whether 6B+K changes the frame advantage on hit. say if I do a move that's supposed to give a knock down, but instead 6B+K knock them out of knockdown, what happens to my frames? the moves that knocks down usually have longer recovery, so if 6B+K cancels out the knockdown on hit, how much frame advantage do I lose?

also, when doing Set 6B+K, is there any reason to use 3K over 3A? ok so 3K does 4 more damage and gives more frame advantage on hit, but this moves misses more than every other character's 3K. 6B+K changes the hit advantage anyway so 3K doesn't seem to offer much when I do Set 6B+K. 3A's hit range is long because viola moves forward slightly and it even has TC properties, it just seems better when using with 6B+K.

In regards to your first question, it depends entirely on the move used and when 6B+K is used. There's nothing that can be put in the wiki that would help figure those out, you'd just have to test them individually.

Apologies this is not 100& accurate but 6B+K is roughly 20 frames to startup, then a 36 frame window before orb hits.

ah cool. does that also work with 6B?

about set A+G grab, does it let you ring out directly to the back or only to the back left? when I am back against the ledge, the opponents back away, but when I actually successfully do a A+G grab in that situation and 9A+B after, the opponent ends up right next to the edge rather than getting rang out.

is 6AB B+K BE CE the only way to 100% back ring out?

Last edited:
The combo only works with moves with quick recovery and lots of pushback so that you can cancel B+K BE into SET 6B+K before the orb returns to you. 6B and FC K do not work. 2A might work at the farthest range.

SET A+G > SET 8A+B should ring out both those directions if you are close enough to the edge.

44A BE should be able to reverse RO if the opponent's animation allows for it. It's kinda weird. 44A BE > side step > SET 6B+K > 6B > 3B > AAB > ORB 8A+B. Or if you need more of an angle after 3B try ORB 2A+B > 2B+K BE > side step > AAB > ORB 8A+B

damn, the timing for the side step is so strict... I couldn't even move beyond 90 degrees and still get to do 6B+K on time.

EDIT: yeah 6B+K, screwed up

Last edited:
6B+K you mean? Also, most of the angle comes from the way the opponent moves. Step to the direction that they lean more towards

Hey guys I just wanted to say that viola really is a great character but when you first start out, she doesn't hurt until you get combos.

SCV Mains::sc5pat1: :sc5sig1: :sc5lei1:

Hey guys I just wanted to say that viola really is a great character but when you first start out, she doesn't hurt until you get combos.

SCV Mains::sc5pat1: :sc5sig1: :sc5lei1:
Use 6B+K mixups along with her throws. You should be able to survive on those alone until you get 1 full bar so you can start doing damaging combos. You don't even really need combos if you have really good fundamentals and know how to read an opponent. You could could just do grabs, lows and 6B+K all day. But her combos are what make her really scary. One mistake and there goes your life bar.

New Viola jank. The idea actually came to me while I was wondering if 2k-->bomb will be legal at NEC and remembered some tech Ramon showed me with bomb punishes.

First, the tech I was checking: Basically, if Viola does normal hit 2k and then bomb BE while the bomb is where your opponent is, it'll beat anything they try to do (whiff punish 2a).

Now, the tech I discovered from that: Viola has a deeper 2k game than it would appear. Basing this off of 2k-->2a.

Viola can followup her 2k with either orb recall to force your opponent to whiff their own 2a. If she does the high one, she'll recover with advantage after both attacks whiff. If she does the low one, both players will be at neutral. *

Of course, your opponent can jump attack, but they have to jump forward and attack (as opposed to up or backwards). of course, this makes Viola blocking after her own 2k even better, as your opponent will be forced to take action or give up their own frames. And, as we should all know, Viola works really well when either up close or given room to breath.

The reason this is valuable is because it puts your opponent in a situation where you're at +8 (or more or less) if they guess wrong or safely; most things that are not their own 2a will be beaten by your 2a; if they 2a, they've basically given up their own frames. Of course, there are more complex ways around this, but most people would rather deal with these things simply and effectively than precisely (if you deal with it more precisely, you're opening yourself up to being punished more severely if your opponent doesn't do that precise thing).

*This was tested against Pyrrha, Algol, aPat, and Viola's 2a.

Okay, let me see if I got this right. If I do 6B+K 2K B+K or 2B+K and depending which I'll get frame advantage? I'm not sure I get it. Can you elaborate more please?

Back