Viola General Discussion / Q&A

Well, considering SET 6B+K > FC K is roughly +16 on its own and B+K BE is i10 + RCC frames iirc, then SET 6B+K > FC K > RCC B+K BE takes significantly better timing than SET 6B+K > FC K > FC A. So there's also that. But yeah, as long as he has meter, times it correctly, and is at the correct distance he has no reason not to use B+K BE. Other than muh politically correctness.
Just browsing around the forum and found myself here...

I'm sure you know this, but you don't need to RCC B+K BE... B+K comes out while rising.
Is there some reason you would do that?

People keep saying that, but there's no reason B+K would be able to come out WR since no other B+Ks can do that. So I just assume there are RCC frames involved. When I don't RCC I get WR A (from the BE) or WR K. But I guess I should test it to see if a fully buffered B+K works after a recovering TC attack. That would be interesting.

Lack of RCC frames would actually make B+K BE EASIER than FC A and we all know that's not the case.

People keep saying that, but there's no reason B+K would be able to come out WR since no other B+Ks can do that. So I just assume there are RCC frames involved. When I don't RCC I get WR A (from the BE) or WR K. But I guess I should test it to see if a fully buffered B+K works after a recovering TC attack. That would be interesting.

Lack of RCC frames would actually make B+K BE EASIER than FC A and we all know that's not the case.
I don't know if there are RCC frames involved, but I definitely do not press 4 or 6 after FC 2K and B+K BE comes out fairly consistently. When I try to RCC it usually doesn't work for me, but it might work for some people.

in 4B 2B+K BE 6B+K 66A,
6B+K gets really anal sometimes, it just refuse to hit the enemy or hit the targets too late and drop them to the floor. I think it's because 4B to relaunch is literally right in the face range so 6B+K gets wonky or something, it's really weird

wow, I never realized the value of her CE until I started using it.
I'd rather have safe free mixup than wake up ultra spam that might get me killed.

Can anyone give general advice on a tournament style Viola? The only thing I could think of so far is more aggression and utilizing SET 4A+B more, more so during a FEAR attempt. PM if need be. I'll be reading frame data.
I'm not sure you need to use SET 4A+B any more if you don't already. KC and Kayane don't seem to use it that much and LP only seems to use it to set the orb after using 66A+BB as a combo ender.

starting this month I have been having problem doing 6B+K during 44ABE. right now B+K keeps coming out instead of 6B+K. I checked my inputs in training mode and it seems my arcade buttons keep reading 6K,6B+K instead 6B+K. I also kept doing 8A instead of 8A+B and it's really screwing me up.

I am guessing my arcade stick buttons have gotten stuck or something, this wasn't a problem for me until this february, any one ever had this problem with arcade sticks?

Well I'm a scrub who uses B+K and A+B button bindings for Viola. I've noticed I have a lot more trouble with B+K moves coming out as B or K when I'm using Viola. And having 6K come out instead of 6B+K could easily cost you the match.

wtf? only 44A can hold its follow up, not 11_77A, damn it, guess you can't hit confirm if you are doing it out of sidestep unless you quickly slide to 4 before the A input.

does viola's vertical evade 4B+K work against all non-CE attacks? I remember most auto GI moves don't work against stabs, but viola's 4B+K isn't like any auto-GI attack.

Last edited:
So I played Soul Calibur 5 on 2 different game systems. I couldn't figure this out so I came to here, plus I'm learning Viol's frames, and trying to get better with her. :)*** So the one system combos are way different like :2::B::+::K: :A::+::B::+::K:, one of the systems picks them up a lot higher then the other. Example allowing the :8::B: to be able to do the :2::B::+::K: :A::+::B::+::K:and running up to do another following combo. Now on the other system it only throws them to where you only have like not even a second to continue the combo or it'll be dropped, so you'd never have the example I've explained work in that scenario. Along with other combos that do/don't work depending on the system?? Also Viola's damage output on :B::+::K: :A::+::B::+::K: is very different. The system which allows you to run up from the :8::B: is very very low compared to the other, it's damage output is 7 if used in combo is 3. I'm not sure on the other system, because sadly mine if the one which is the 7 :/. I've watched Soul Calibur videos and it always gives the higher damage one. If anybody could tell me why this is like this, I'd greatly appreciate it. This has been a burning question on my mind, finally decided I'm going to join this to learn more and get some help! I'm originally from Virtua Fighter, they had a nice forum just like this one, very helpful.

Sorry to make this sooo long, but it was needed, thanks looking forward to feedback. :)
New friend, Sydney.

@SydneyLoveViola I've moved your posts to the appropriate subforum.

I'm not quite sure I understand what you're saying (:8::B:, or "jump B/8B", is not part of any combo, to my knowledge...) but, if I had to guess... Does your system have access to the internet?

It sounds like you are playing an unpatched version of SCV. It has had a few automatic online updates at this point in time.

I'm not quite sure I understand what you're saying (:8::B:, or "jump B/8B", is not part of any combo, to my knowledge...) but, if I had to guess... Does your system have access to the internet?

It sounds like you are playing an unpatched version of SCV. It has had a few automatic online updates at this point in time.

Ahh, that's what it is then, I don't got online, but the other system does. Thanks, I thought it was that, but wasn't sure. Thanks! :) Also, thanks for moving it, wasn't sure if I put it in the right spot as well lol. I also should have added, this is not just with Viola other characters are different to. The online makes sense though. Appreciate it.

As for the combo, these are the inputs, excuse my lack of numbers rusty forgot all the numbers XD.
:3::B:--:A:.:A:.:B:--:7::K:--:2::A::+::B: You can change the K to directions I might of had that wrong with directly :8: if I'm going to use that combo (rarely) I'd use:9::K:. Way more safe, accurate.

Back