Viola General Discussion / Q&A

I used to think like that... but I figured that I thought like that because I am not a great player (No offense). If you learn how to JG and get her combos down, she's too good.

And this is another reason why she's so broken:

You can JG the GI of orb attacks.

That is hysterical.

I used to think like that... but I figured that I thought like that because I am not a great player (No offense). If you learn how to JG and get her combos down, she's too good.

I wonder if we'll ever get to see this in a real fight. And JG dont make her too good, the benefits have to be examined on a case by case basis. She cant get much depending on where she JGed them, if she has the orb, and the amount of meter she has.

No matter what I or any Viola supporter says about her not being broken people will always come up with other reasons to say otherwise, I really don't see how a character with more weaknesses than strengths can even be considered for french tournament ban. People didn't say a thing when she did little to no damage before the patch, and now that she has recieved a much needed damage increase to some of her moves all I hear is how much damage she does with her 44A BE combo etc. For those of you who seem to think 44A BE is cheap, have you ever thought about sidestepping when the orb begins to circle around for the third time? In the words of LP, "Viola appears broke... when she's winning." You claim she's cheap and that her combos are too strong with meter, you might want to take a look at some other characters and the things they can do with meter.

Why do I keep coming to this thread....anyway i find some of u guys defend her poorly....and viola strengths actually outweigh her weakness...even dest already said this...and dunno why alot of people are saying these combo's are impractical....well they will be mastered eventually, heck some people can already do them. And leo slade is mostly talking about 44A BE hitting an opponent and the damage she gets off it...not guarding it....meh me go bye bye *hops into the batmobile*

Has anyone noticed since there were talks of Viola being broken, a lot more of them have been showing up online? None of them are any good, but fuck, there's a lot of Violas now...

what makes her strong from what ive seen is her combos (which take meter and makes her fair IMO) and her mixups.. she needs to get her momentum going before she can cause problems.. if she cant get a knockdown or 6BK mixup started shes pretty much dead due to her s****y range and weak damage (without using meter or getting off a 3B) also she has no comeback factor.. if people GI her she can only GI back but when she does she has very little options.. people need to let her take the risks.. capitalize on her terrible range and stick to your best mids.. dont let her get in on you when she tries the 6BK mixup (basically sidestep forcing her to use a horizontal) and since she has bad horizontals this will be your chance to punish that B***h!! lol

44A BE is not a bad horizontal. Personally I think people step TOO MUCH[/] when they get close too her.
44A BE may not be, but it takes meter. 44A alone is a bad horizontal seeing as how it's unsafe on block, all you have to do is sidestep the majority of the match and space her out, let her take all the risks and bait her to use herbad horizontals. Hell you can duck her 66AA and get a free backgrab or punish if she continues the string

I'm talking about when your in range of it. I move all the time at distance because she can't do anything.

if she cant get a knockdown or 6BK mixup started shes pretty much dead due to her s****y range and weak damage

Have you considered that her 6B+K mixup is EXTREMELY easy to get... you can make the opponent whiff, knockdown or GI his attack for a mixup... and shitty damage and viola doesn't go the same sentence. She can do 74 out of 3B with no meter. That is in no way shitty.... even less considering all the 3B options with meter (100-174).

And also meter is SUPER easy to get with her... SUPER. If you think is not, u r doing something wrong. IMO the ban is still on discussion, but I don't get how people wouldn't think she's overpowered (as in damage caused), considering risk/reward scenario.

Have you considered that her 6B+K mixup is EXTREMELY easy to get... you can make the opponent whiff, knockdown or GI his attack for a mixup... and shitty damage and viola doesn't go the same sentence. She can do 74 out of 3B with no meter. That is in no way shitty.... even less considering all the 3B options with meter (100-174).

And also meter is SUPER easy to get with her... SUPER. If you think is not, u r doing something wrong. IMO the ban is still on discussion, but I don't get how people wouldn't think she's overpowered (as in damage caused), considering risk/reward scenario.
Meh let it go man...some people just won't get it...maybe they would change there minds if they got hit with those high damage combo's or fight a viola that is not predictable with set 6B+K...mainly the huge problem behind her is the damage she gets off of landing a 3B or 4A BE. Like i said some people here just defend her poorly...u can"t just go around saying she has more weaknesses than strengths...the moment anyone says that to me meh not even gonna bother to get in a discussion with them. They would change their minds tho if they fought the viola's I fight which I tend to avoid.

Meh let it go man...some people just won't get it...maybe they would change there minds if they got hit with those high damage combo's or fight a viola that is not predictable with set 6B+K...mainly the huge problem behind her is the damage she gets off of landing a 3B or 4A BE. Like i said some people here just defend her poorly...u can"t just go around saying she has more weaknesses than strengths...the moment anyone says that to me meh not even gonna bother to get in a discussion with them. They would change their minds tho if they fought the viola's I fight which I tend to avoid.

U r right... I won't bother anymore. In fact I am not following this thread anymore.... it's getting nowhere.

Either way I switched to Tira, since probably Viola really will get banned. Unless a patch comes up.

People didn't say a thing when she did little to no damage before the patch, and now that she has recieved a much needed damage increase to some of her moves all I hear is how much damage she does with her 44A BE combo etc.

Contrary to popular belief, Viola wasn't weak pre-patch. She still had 6B+K mix-ups and 44A BE and other annoying stuff - people just didn't work out how to fully exploit that stuff until after the patch gave her unjustified damage buffs. She'd have probably ended up upper-mid pre-patch if nothing had been changed.

You know what, I really don't see how a character can make like 40% of this website bitch about her. Probably because I don't take this game as seriously as some of you do, I usually look at how strong a character is and how strong the other cast is. I'm a B4 rank online and I've played some good violas, I also go to locals. I honestly don't see any characters on here being ''overpowered'' as you guys put it because every character on the game has something going for them, those who complain it seem like she's unstoppable. I've even seen people go as far as saying she has no bad matchups when in fact a good cervantes or mitsurugi would rape her any day of the week. Everyone has weaknesses, learn to exploit them instead of banning a character that makes you a little uncomfortable or forces you to think a little instead of just simply blocking and attacking.

You know what, I really don't see how a character can make like 40% of this website bitch about her. Probably because I don't take this game as seriously as some of you do, I usually look at how strong a character is and how strong the other cast is. I'm a B4 rank online and I've played some good violas, I also go to locals.

Online rank doesn't really prove anything.

I honestly don't see any characters on here being ''overpowered'' as you guys put it because every character on the game has something going for them, those who complain it seem like she's unstoppable.

Viola isn't broken, but she is at least a little bit overpowered in the sense that she needs some damage nerfs to be properly balanced.

And you're right that she's not the only overpowered one - the likes of Mitsurugi are overpowered in different ways.

I've even seen people go as far as saying she has no bad matchups when in fact a good cervantes or mitsurugi would rape her any day of the week.

Don't use 'rape' in that context, please - it's very offensive. :/

Online rank doesn't really prove anything.

Viola isn't broken, but she is at least a little bit overpowered in the sense that she needs some damage nerfs to be properly balanced.

And you're right that she's not the only overpowered one - the likes of Mitsurugi are overpowered in different ways.

Don't use 'rape' in that context, please - it's very offensive. :/
how about pwn, and I just said I go to locals lol

Back