Viola General Discussion / Q&A

Just started learning Viola last night. I had some questions but right now for the life of me I can't remember what they were. Hopefully running through the moveset in training will jog my memory here in a bit.

Yup. 4B+K seems useless at first but it's extremely handy for escaping pseudo force blocks after knockdowns like Asta 22B, Ezio 44B, Sieg B4, or Ω/NM 66B.

It's also great for escaping Viola's :4::4::A: BE and Ivy's :1::B: BE.

Any other ones like this that I'm not thinking of?

Mad late but still
4B+K ORB Auto-Evade to left, sets orb

SET Same evade, but recall, with minor stunning on CH

It will react to ground shakes such as Pyrrhas 8B+K, Verticals incl Violas 44A BE, Cervs Shot (at least it did at a point)

Does Anyone have the link to Viola's Newest combos? I cant seem to find them. Im talking about Mixups and that stuff. Thanks :sc4amy1:

Viola's combos having changed too much since release, except some finishers no longer connect.

3B
-66B - 2B+K BE 6B+K 66A AAB ...
- AAB 6A+B (slight charge) 2B+K BE 6B+K 66A orb hits AAB..

6B+K
-3A 3B to launch on hit aab.....
-6B 3B to launch on hit aab...

4B
-2A+B full charge for stun certified launch(can be rolled out of)
-2B+KBE - 6B+K 66A (orb hits) AAB ....

Opponent on floor
6B+K 2K

It's a bit of a gimmick but I've noticed that after 4B, people have a habit of immediately getting up and blocking. Same for the CPU at times. I typically immediately use ORB 44A+B and a lot of times they end up taking the hit for massive damage. I think they are worried about 2B+K BE and try to get up to avoid taking the hit only to eat an unblockable. It's similar to Pat's 66B to 44B+K follow up in a way.

A good player won't fall for that. It's much better to combo 2A after 4B. It leaves them standing and gives you frame advantage. So you essentially get a free throw/mid mixup.

6B+K = oh fuck, what do I do.

plus if they stay on the ground 1k for some extra damage, as the orb will also hit floored opponents.
However if they are they almost Ko'd 4b 2B+K BE 6B+K 44A etc for finisher.

Bear with me on the terminology but can someone give me some give me some tips on violas 44A BE 6B+K 6B N/O 3B combo? From videos Iv seen 3B is supposed to be guaranteed but people are always blocking it. Am I just not doing it fast enough?

Bear with me on the terminology but can someone give me some give me some tips on violas 44A BE 6B+K 6B N/O 3B combo? From videos Iv seen 3B is supposed to be guaranteed but people are always blocking it. Am I just not doing it fast enough?
The 6B has to be immediately after the 6B+K. If you do 6B+K delayed 6B the 3B won't combo.

Is it all predicated on whether the 6B is immediate or not? or is there also a small window to use 3B?
It has to be 6B+K → 6B done one right after the other. If there's any delay the orb will hit too early after the 6B and the opponent will recover too fast for 3B to combo.

Back