Viola General Discussion / Q&A

So I actually love the :3::3::B:, :4::4::A::BE:, :2::B+K::BE: etc. combo, but does anyone have any tips for landing :3::3::B: (or :(B):)? It always seems like I can only get :3::B: off. I suppose by stepping and inputting it as :2::2::3::B:?

You have to wait for the 2nd hit, as soon as the 2nd hit connects, 6B+K 6B 3B you dont need to mash it, or be super fast, just make sure you dont interrupt 44A before the 2nd hit

So I actually love the :3::3::B:, :4::4::A::BE:, :2::B+K::BE: etc. combo, but does anyone have any tips for landing :3::3::B: (or :(B):)? It always seems like I can only get :3::B: off. I suppose by stepping and inputting it as :2::2::3::B:?
I just use it as a sidestep move. But be careful because regular 33B is unsafe. However it also has tech crouch properties so if you are pro and can react to a high and throw out this move it could work. But I usually finish the combo with 66B, 666A+B B or 1A+B for a tech trap.

3B would be the best option. It has more potential damage and it's safer that 1B (It's still unsafe nonetheless.)

It depends on the situation, btw 1B has more damage potential, because we're talking about tech crouches, you should be getting CH

The since 1B stuns, the damage gets scaled a lot. And 3B also tech crouches, albeit slightly.

Not loads, Ill test it out later on
the 3b tech crouch is so minimal unless you know moves inside out, its awkward for newcomers

Is a tech crouch the same thing as a high crush? Srry for asking I'm just used to different terms.

What causes 44A BE to sometimes not throw the orb attack out? Is it something specific that can be avoided or is it just the game being randomly stupid?

So is it just me, or does Viola get more raged quits than any other character? This includes opponent Violas...

I think it is because the length of her combos drive people crazy, just sitting there watching as your character hangs helplessly in the air is frustrating as hell. Though to be honest I think she and Asta are probably tied for inducing rage quits.

What causes 44A BE to sometimes not throw the orb attack out? Is it something specific that can be avoided or is it just the game being randomly stupid?
I also want to know the answer to this question.

I think it is because the length of her combos drive people crazy, just sitting there watching as your character hangs helplessly in the air is frustrating as hell. Though to be honest I think she and Asta are probably tied for inducing rage quits.

I think as well as the combos, it's that she plays differently compared to the rest of the cast and she can easily destroy people who don't know the matchup. Her constant mixups and pressure can be very frustrating and mentally exhausting to play against.

My own style - the much-hated "all-throws-all-the-time" - certainly doesn't help matters.

Hey guys, Im a new Viola and I was wonder and Hoping if anyone would help me out maybe give me some pointers and tips to be very good with the character. I was introduced to the game by the game center I go to called Havenshine Game Center ( https://www.facebook.com/groups/HavenshineGameCenter/177878522380800/?notif_t=group_activity). Recently everyone there has gotten very interested in Soul Calibur 5, Want to be able to really put up a fight against players like Nightmare, Leixia, and Natsu. If there's anything you can tell me, that would help me get better i would greatly appreciate it. Lastly If anyone would like to play my psn is WisdomWarriorXD1, I am almost always available maybe while playing you could even tell me what im doing wrong.

Hope you Can Help. :sc5vio1:

Attachments

• 69003_Viola_-_ZWEI.jpg
    69003_Viola_-_ZWEI.jpg
    856.5 KB · Views: 151
Back