Viola General Discussion / Q&A

If she is in the next game she will definitely play differently. Her and ZWEI in terms of gameplay are hard to balance properly. I think SCVI will have the old characters and they MIGHT get rid of some of the new characters. Hard to say since people flipped out when they got rid of people.
I was thinking that, she will probably change a lot to try and balance her out more but then her combos would most probably be pretty boring (depending on how much she would change). It will probably be like how they balanced Ivy from SCIV to SCV, like in 4 she could get you in a huge stun combo and kill you almost instantly, in 5 she"s much more balanced. So I'm guessing they'll do that with Viola in SCVI if she's in it. I can't see ZWEI being in it though as he's most probably dead. As for returning classic characters, I can see that happening but they will probably keep most new characters too (which isn't ALL bad)!

I actually think ZWEI has a better chance of returning since he is a more developed character story-wise. Viola could easily just be reverted to Amy.

I actually think ZWEI has a better chance of returning since he is a more developed character story-wise. Viola could easily just be reverted to Amy.
That's true, but they could develop Viola more on SC6 so she will be more relevant. I hope they don't revert her, I really like her as a character and her style! I hope she's Amy's sister or some kind of clone or something? As long as I get Amy and Viola together I'll be cool haha!

That's true, but they could develop Viola more on SC6 so she will be more relevant. I hope they don't revert her, I really like her as a character and her style! I hope she's Amy's sister or some kind of clone or something? As long as I get Amy and Viola together I'll be cool haha!
I like Viola too. Even if we don't know so much about her, she is really interesting. But it seems that the people who prefer Viola over Amy are a minority.
However, it will be nice if for SCVI we can have Viola in the story and Amy as an extra character with no story(In case that they are the same person, which is most likely)

In my opinion, SC6 is unlikely to happen.. SC5 kinda tanked.

IF they do SC6, I want it to be sort of the master of it all. They should have every style/character ever introduced, even if simply as a guest for the game so it doesn't impact the story.

Anywho, this isn't exactly related to Viola, so I'll shush now. This thread may be run differently, but other general discussion threads yell at me for anything that's not SC5 gameplay-related.

I would hate for the style to be taken away. I know people have lost their characters and styles, but I think Namco brought back the styles they felt were most popular in SCV. The reason I love Viola now is because her style is so different from the rest of the cast. Plus, she has an interesting design and while I know little about her, she has this mystique that surrounds her that I like. If SCVI becomes a reality, I hope Viola comes back.

I think they need to invest some serious time into the next one if it goes ahead.

SC5 lacked depth in design, the chars, movelists, mechanics all seemed to just a waterdowned version of what they were supposed to be not to mention it is v rigid, almost like BAT on PS.
Obvs Im not expecting all chars to as complex as SC4 Ivy (which I love) but more like SB/SE taki, SC3 Setsuka, Sieg SC2.

With Viola there is lots you could do with her

I think they need to invest some serious time into the next one if it goes ahead.

SC5 lacked depth in design, the chars, movelists, mechanics all seemed to just a waterdowned version of what they were supposed to be not to mention it is v rigid, almost like BAT on PS.
Obvs Im not expecting all chars to as complex as SC4 Ivy (which I love) but more like SB/SE taki, SC3 Setsuka, Sieg SC2.

With Viola there is lots you could do with her
SC4 Ivy was a god, and SO much fun. But they had a point. Most people couldn't pick her up because she was too complex for the average user. It's hard to make a style complex because it attracts attention but people get mad if they're too difficult to use.
I think people just assume that characters should be pick-up-and-go type playstyles, kinda like Aeon in SC5. He's got a few combos, but he's mainly pokes. Training won't do a /whole/ lot of good for you there. Then there's Viola who if you don't spend a decent amount of time training, you likely will rarely win a match.

I know right ^^
I think you can balance a game with complex and pick up and go.
I think the issue is when the game contains chars which are all pretty much pick up and go par maybe 1 due to execution, it lacks the entertaining factor.

Last edited:
I know right ^^
I think the issue is when the game contains chars which are all pretty much pick up and go par maybe 1 due to execution, it lacks the entertaining factor.
Well, then people cry about using the "noob characters". Patroklos is a fairly "pick-up-and-go" character, and the "good" players get all salty when I use him. I like the style, it's not my fault they made him easy.

There's simply no pleasing the masses.

I know right ^^
Well, then people cry about using the "noob characters". Patroklos is a fairly "pick-up-and-go" character, and the "good" players get all salty when I use him. I like the style, it's not my fault they made him easy.

There's simply no pleasing the masses.
I don't think either of you really know what you're talking about.

Last edited by a moderator:
When I use Pat, people sometimes complain when they lose 'cause he's a "noob character" and I should play with someone who takes skill... or something..

Moral of the story, kids? People are dumb.

When I use Pat, people sometimes complain when they lose 'cause he's a "noob character" and I should play with someone who takes skill... or something..

Moral of the story, kids? People are dumb.
People complain about anything, specially when they lose. The other day, someone rejected to play with me again because I "spam" the attacks that requires bar(I was just using in my combos and I was Raphael)
Back on topic, if Amy is gonna replaces Viola in SCVI. Which attacks do you want to be transferred from Viola to Amy?

Back