Viola General Matchup Discussion

Okay, against Zwei is hard sometimes if they're a good Zwei. Here are some tips.

Memorize 4B's animation AND GUARD. He can delay the BE and you'll eat a lot of damage on counter hit.
Right after Zwei does 1B, 3B him because Ein hits high horizontally. You have to do it right away with no hesitation.
66BA. The second hit is a high. Learn to duck and punish.
Watch out for his unblockable mixups.
JG or 4B+K the second hit of 66A+. You're choice.

All I can think of right now. Don't underestimate a good Zwei; he's a really good character if you know how to use him.[/B]

Yeah, it really baffles me when people say Zwei needs buff, fuck no he does!

Btw BB and 66B are you friends vs him.
Main thing is not to let him build momentum

Zwei is total smoke and mirrors, if you can learn to deal with 4A 1B 66A+B series respectively, he has nothing. Think SCIV Zasalamel when he couldn't just 6AB 66BB you. Ggs zas.

From experience though JGing the Wolf on [B ] kills him stone dead pressure wise as well.
The only thing I would suggest is NEVER EVER EVER ... EVER let Kalas sit next to you when playing a set vs ZWEI.*

I'm saying this because I've run sets against world class ZWEI players and andyroo lives 10 minutes away from me so Im extremely familiar with the matchup, none of the gimmicks work on me so I can analyse his solid game alone and there isnt much in the way of solid at all lol.

*At cannes this year I gave Kerrigan a FT10 and ZWEI was not working out, I think I was 7-1 up then Kalas started watching and in about 10 minutes we were 7-7, as soon as he went away I started winning again. This man gives ZWEI players psychic powers.

Zwei is total smoke and mirrors, if you can learn to deal with 4A 1B 66A+B series respectively, he has nothing. Think SCIV Zasalamel when he couldn't just 6AB 66BB you. Ggs zas.
I didn't realise there was really a way to "deal with" 66A+B. Yeah you can interrupt the delayed version and GI the normal version, but if you GI EIN you risk getting your GI JG'd. And there is JG, but it's a difficult JG to get consistent and even still you don't get a punish.

From experience though JGing the Wolf on [B ] kills him stone dead pressure wise as well.

I never seem to do this for some reason, but if you step the second hit of (B) you get a punish. It's safe to JG afaik.

Hes not completely smoke and mirrors. His big stuff is, but 66B is a bitch at times, 88k 4b hes not retarded like viola lol

But 4B is a gimmick at best, 66B really isnt good at all and 22K is completely raped by violas antistep. Mayhe these moves are good by ZWEIs standards but if you want to talk about a mid for scoring high damage CHs with meter, a very slow power mid for KND and a fairly short ranged evasive KND then across the cast he is clearly sub par.

As for 66A+B, how slow is this move again? Yeah yeah + on block power mid, big deal whats his mixup, run up and 2K me? It has a place in his oki but this doesn't give him paticularly good oki either.
His tools paticualrly his core tools just suck, true he has some damage potential but who doesnt in SCV, its nothing special.

Smoke and mirrors, in my experience the only people Ive met who think the character is good are people whp don't know the matchup 100% and still lose often to ZWEIs and/or very optimistic ZWEI players. I'm not trying to be a dick or anything, though Omar you surprised me because I know you know ZWEI as well, now Im all confused and stuffs. Hell, I play a little Raphael on the side for fun, he's widely considered the worst SCV character and it baffles me when comparing him to ZWEI, lol.

Now onto 66A+B and why Viola rapes him vs it.

Close range:
Sidestepping the first hit (which at this range happens a lot) either side garuntees a backgrab before the wolf hits you and as the wolf is on the screen he can't break it, which means ZWEI loses the round. At completely point blank you get 3B instead. Also if you're looking for it you can JG the forst hit on reaction and get a free AAB, though this is HARD. In any case its vey risky for ZWEI to throw it out here as he risks 100-170 damage depending on whether you threw him or not every time he does it.

Mid range:
The one thing I will say for this move is that it does have a good phantom range and can catch backstep here, but as... Not very good as the tracking is at close range its even worse here and you have more than enough time to 3B before wolfy tags you and 44A BE were you bating it.

I had assumed Viola has a positive matchup against him. I'm constantly hearing about how bas he is. I just don't know how to fight him.

I've fought against an alpha patroklos that just guards/ guard impacts EVERYTHING. It was insane I did n't know what to do in that fight. I barely landed a hit or two without getting just guarded or guard impacted, but every single combo he did entered flawlessly. I really was a mop there. his name 's Yandere the fate.

I've fought against an alpha patroklos that just guards/ guard impacts EVERYTHING. It was insane I did n't know what to do in that fight. I barely landed a hit or two without getting just guarded or guard impacted, but every single combo he did entered flawlessly. I really was a mop there. his name 's Yandere the fate.
Do you have a video of the match?

Back