Viola is Amy?

Dominic Augustus

[09] Warrior
I haven't see much chat in the Viola's threads on Soul Arena so I figure to make something new so people can share their thoughts on our good-looking Viola. This thread is mainly about theories and hypotheses on Viola's true identity of her being Amy, but everyone is free to state and share their opinions, clues, game play, research and studies about Viola is Amy.

Alright people, let the discussion begin.
Viola's awakening.jpg

Last edited:
This belongs in the Casual Forum where I've moved it to. Happy hypothesising!

well maybe if we had some kind of definitive proof that amy was or wasn't viola, we'd stop getting these threads. too bad it doesn't exist.

it's proven Vi and Amy are 2 different people because devs said so...but I can't be arsed to give any evidence...case closed Kappa

I don't know what more you can possibly ask for as proof.
The special intro and outro quotes between her and Raphael in battle are proof enough.

The special intro and outro quotes between her and Raphael in battle are proof enough.
Here's my five extra reasons of why she's Amy:
1. By having amnesia, she or someone have come up with the name "Viola" as reference for her purple/violet vampire-style clothing.

2. Both Viola and Raphael are creatures of the night by having vampire physical traits, vampire-style clothing, and the same stage whether it's night or daytime are clues for her being Amy. Hmm... Raphael's backgrounds and in SCIII and V have the moon in them while Viola's orb and speeches of moon and wine are links to vampireism. Red wine resembles blood and the moon is a vampire's iconic symbol.

3. Malfestation or vampireism have the power called fountain of youth; therefore, a person who's contacted the Evil Seed/Soul Edge will age slowly during years. As with the case with Maxi, Ivy, Tira, Viola/Amy, and Raphael.

4. Raphael can use the Amy sword in SCIV and V, that sword looks exactly like Amy's Albion in SCIII and IV. Could it be possible that when Amy got separated from Raphael, she have her sword taken from her or lost it during the past years but somehow Raphael later on in years found Albion along with the skull ornament that was attached to her pigtails, but he name the Albion sword after her?

5. I guess if you change Amy's hair from red to white you will get a younger version of Viola, if you change Viola's hair color from white to the exact same red as Amy in SCIV you will get a older version of Amy. I say compare Viola and Amy with white hair, than compare them two with red hair by having four pictures group together.

For a bonus! Here's Raphael's SCV theme, but I do like No Turning Back, Endless Warfare, and Dance of the Oracle better.

Last edited:
it's not proof though. Raph doesn't go like, "Amy, is that you!? It is isn't it?" "Yes, it is me." all he says is that Viola vex's him. and personally since Raph DOESN'T recognize Viola as Amy (they've been together how long? it's like not recognizing your own daughter after she graduates from a 4 year college) seems to give more to the fact that they might be two different people rather than the same. but that's only from Raph's point of view which isn't saying much since we had to dig in order find out that Raph was even Nightmare in SC5.

oh and i'll bring back my point from before. what about viola and Amy having two different dominate hands. Amy is left handed while Viola is right handed. there is zero reason to switch a weapon hand unless there is something that keeps her from using her left hand (i.e. an injuring, amputation).

now i COULD say that Viola was meant to be her own character but due to time constraints they just copy/pasta some of Amy's traits to Viola. I looked at the comparison pic before and saw that it wasn't down from an unbiased point of view. so it kind of discredits some of the research since the person who did it obviously wants the two characters to be one and the same. (same shoe laces? really? SC3 amy doesn't even have laces) The grasping at straws made the pic too unreliable although there were some good points. like the drill hair and rose decorations. stocking weren't too big a thing since viola has spider web style stockings while Amy has diamond style. and they aren't the only characters that wear stockings either.

my opinion is that Viola is an unfinished character in an unfinished game. her origin was supposed to be released to us but unfortunately the game being unfinished kept that from happening. I'm hypothisize that Viola IS her own person because, while anyone can duplicate looks, things like personality and genes often cannot. Amy's personality was much different than Viola's. but i do agree that 20 years CAN change that. the hair color is unusual since dying hair was NOT a thing back in those days. and any type of corruption is put to the side as well since when Amy already changed due to soul edge but the only physical change was her eye color which again seemed to change in SC4. and last thing was Viola and Amy's age being different.

these factors, to me, are much more important than how a character looks in terms of fashion. Viola could be a sister maybe? oh viola don't have them babycheeks. since SC4 Amy has them then they are probably there for life. Viola does not have the glorified babycheeks. i want my babycheeks.

Yeah the dominate hand thing haven't been clarify between Viola and Amy, that's something I need to think about. Both Viola and Amy have unknown birth dates. Viola's birth date is Day of Prayer to Vesta, but it is on multiple days like Jan 15, Feb 13, March 1, April 28, May 15, June 7-15, June 24 and her birth place is explains as a place roses and lilies, but these information still remains unknown. Amy birth place is Rouen, French Empire. I think France might be that place because there have to be roses and lilies there. Also Viola's beads, and cape made several A's which can link to her being Amy.

it's not proof though. Raph doesn't go like, "Amy, is that you!? It is isn't it?" "Yes, it is me." all he says is that Viola vex's him. and personally since Raph DOESN'T recognize Viola as Amy (they've been together how long? it's like not recognizing your own daughter after she graduates from a 4 year college) seems to give more to the fact that they might be two different people rather than the same. but that's only from Raph's point of view which isn't saying much since we had to dig in order find out that Raph was even Nightmare in SC5
The fact that Viola isn't mentioned in Raphael's Biography for SCV,and vise versa really indicates something to think about.
What possible reason could there be for Raphael to go:
You vex me. Who are you, woman?
Stop looking into my soul. Damn you!
Your tale insult me further'!

When winning/losing against her?

Like i understand that there are some different quotes between a different set of characters;but none are that suspicious.
For example,he goes "Oh...My head" When losing to Natsu, Ivy, Voldo, Elysium or Algol via times up;but that barely indicates anything.
Same goes for his quotes against Voldo alone: "Now guardian, begone!" and "An outrage!" .

Whereas comparing these quotes to the specific ones he uses against Viola,when there's NO relationship whatsoever mentioned between'em,it's something to think about.

oh and i'll bring back my point from before. what about viola and Amy having two different dominate hands. Amy is left handed while Viola is right handed. there is zero reason to switch a weapon hand unless there is something that keeps her from using her left hand (i.e. an injuring, amputation).
Obviously 'cause of memory loss.
I mean the amount of memory loss that she got in the 17 years time-skip must've been so immense that she forgot her own fighting style and learned a new one that looks x100 much harder.If her memory loss was so great that it caused her to change her entire style,why wouldn't it change her from being left handed to right handed as well.

my opinion is that Viola is an unfinished character in an unfinished game. her origin was supposed to be released to us but unfortunately the game being unfinished kept that from happening.
One can never be 100% sure about that anyways.
Also,her reference in the promotional material of SCV,"Who is She?",is another thing to take into consideration.
Questioning her identity straight out the bat is also proof;"Who is she?" that means we've ALREADY seen this character before,we know who she is,just need a confirmation of a sort.
Compare that to Z.W.E.I's promotional material reference; "A New Swordsman.".You can clearly see what i'm trying to say.

I'm hypothisize that Viola IS her own person because, while anyone can duplicate looks, things like personality and genes often cannot.
That's the thing tho;Viola & Amy's personalities are so much alike.
How are their personalities different?
And they lookalike too.

the hair color is unusual since dying hair was NOT a thing back in those days.
Tell that to setsuka & Tira.
setsukahaircolour.jpg

Tirahaircholor.jpg

The fact that Viola isn't mentioned in Raphael's Biography for SCV,and vise versa really indicates something to think about.
What possible reason could there be for Raphael to go:

When winning/losing against her?

Like i understand that there are some different quotes between a different set of characters;but none are that suspicious.
For example,he goes "Oh...My head" When losing to Natsu, Ivy, Voldo, Elysium or Algol via times up;but that barely indicates anything.
Same goes for his quotes against Voldo alone: "Now guardian, begone!" and "An outrage!" .

Whereas comparing these quotes to the specific ones he uses against Viola,when there's NO relationship whatsoever mentioned between'em,it's something to think about.

Obviously 'cause of memory loss.
I mean the amount of memory loss that she got in the 17 years time-skip must've been so immense that she forgot her own fighting style and learned a new one that looks x100 much harder.If her memory loss was so great that it caused her to change her entire style,why wouldn't it change her from being left handed to right handed as well.

One can never be 100% sure about that anyways.
Also,her reference in the promotional material of SCV,"Who is She?",is another thing to take into consideration.
Questioning her identity straight out the bat is also proof;"Who is she?" that means we've ALREADY seen this character before,we know who she is,just need a confirmation of a sort.
Compare that to Z.W.E.I's promotional material reference; "A New Swordsman.".You can clearly see what i'm trying to say.

That's the thing tho;Viola & Amy's personalities are so much alike.
How are their personalities different?
And they lookalike too.

Tell that to setsuka & Tira.
Hey man great work on that! You did well supporting the theory.

@Vincent, Amy's and Viola's personality are almost 100% exactly. They're both frozen statues who could care less about stepping over your corpse if you were dying in front of them. And are both pretty mellow.

1) Physical appearance
2) Personality
3) Voice

I'll be fair and say that those three reasons are the biggest implication that she's Amy. Personally I think there's an 80-85% chance she is. But again, solid conclusive evidence is definitely not available (for like the past 4 years).
Raph's intro with her just shows that he's irritated and annoyed by her presence. Seems like she's foretelling his downfall or bad luck in the future. No one likes to hear bad fortunes after all.
'The moon will swallow the sun, and it will never rise again." Guess he's doomed.
"Your tale insults me!" Guess he's feeling insulted that he's doomed.

And that's the extent of their interaction. Nightmare's victory against her is more solid compared to Raphael's. He holds his arm in pain, looking like he didn't want to hurt her. And in this case, it is confirmed that Nightmare is using Raph's body soooooooooo

(>OO) why is this brought up anyways? It's been years. Should just wait for SC:Lost Swords to burn (and see ppl cry about lost money) and for SCVI to shed light on this. Cuz it ain't going nowhere~~~

@Vincent, Amy's and Viola's personality are almost 100% exactly. They're both frozen statues who could care less about stepping over your corpse if you were dying in front of them. And are both pretty mellow.

1) Physical appearance
2) Personality
3) Voice

I'll be fair and say that those three reasons are the biggest implication that she's Amy. Personally I think there's an 80-85% chance she is. But again, solid conclusive evidence is definitely not available (for like the past 4 years).
Raph's intro with her just shows that he's irritated and annoyed by her presence. Seems like she's foretelling his downfall or bad luck in the future. No one likes to hear bad fortunes after all.
'The moon will swallow the sun, and it will never rise again." Guess he's doomed.
"Your tale insults me!" Guess he's feeling insulted that he's doomed.

And that's the extent of their interaction. Nightmare's victory against her is more solid compared to Raphael's. He holds his arm in pain, looking like he didn't want to hurt her. And in this case, it is confirmed that Nightmare is using Raph's body soooooooooo

(>OO) why is this brought up anyways? It's been years. Should just wait for SC:Lost Swords to burn (and see ppl cry about lost money) and for SCVI to shed light on this. Cuz it ain't going nowhere~~~
I heard if you remove Nightmare's mask in custom character creations, you see a face model very similar like Raphael. Also Both Viola and Raphael are adult creatures of the night, so those vampire features and vampire style clothing are clues too, because Viola is a older version of Amy.

I heard if you remove Nightmare's mask in custom character creations, you see a face model very similar like Raphael. Also Both Viola and Raphael are adult creatures of the night, so those vampire features and vampire style clothing are clues too, because Viola is a older version of Amy.
Bats are associated with Raphael's clothing but butterflies are Amy's motifs. As for 'vampiric features' they're just dressed up as gothic pompous nobles.
One thing to note is that Nightmare's armor also shares a more batlike design in SCV. And yes, if you remove Nighty's mask, you can see Raph's face. It's completely uncovered in SC: Lost Swords too, so you can see it even more clearly

Back