Viola Video Discussion

IMO you spend to much time without your orb, because of NM rabid ways, playing without orb limis you as you succumb to the cons of lack of range and slower 6a+B, and it seems you dont know this MU well enough to sneak a 3b in.
2k more, play with orb, and punish wherever.
Try not to use moves like 6B+K ORB unless you are certain 1st hit will connect,

Hmmm ok, gotcha. I've been so focused on her pokes that I sometimes even disregard the orb. Looking back on it now though, I see what you mean. The fight would've went so much better with the orb lol. As for 3b, I managed to get two in there (sad I know) I can't tell where I could've done it anymore in the match but like you said, that's lack of MU so I need to look more into that. More kicks and no 6B+K ORB unless absolutely certain...alright.

Quick question though. When using 6B+K ORB, do you think it would be wise to use it at the start of a match sometimes? Prior to this match I hardly used it so I'm still fiddling with it a bit to when the right time to use it.

Thank you for the advice man.

Hmmm ok, gotcha. I've been so focused on her pokes that I sometimes even disregard the orb. Looking back on it now though, I see what you mean. The fight would've went so much better with the orb lol. As for 3b, I managed to get two in there (sad I know) I can't tell where I could've done it anymore in the match but like you said, that's lack of MU so I need to look more into that. More kicks and no 6B+K ORB unless absolutely certain...alright.

Quick question though. When using 6B+K ORB, do you think it would be wise to use it at the start of a match sometimes? Prior to this match I hardly used it so I'm still fiddling with it a bit to when the right time to use it.

Thank you for the advice man.
No worries happy to help, I wouldnt use 6B+K OR at beginning of match, because it puts you at a disadvantage and can stepped out of. I sometimes use 4A or just step Backsideways.

O.O i think i should go back to training room now.

what's the timing for the 6A+B though? do i start it immediately after the explosion?
You generally want to start it as early as possible and charge the orb for as long as possible. Doing this means Viola's further along in recovering from 6A+B when the orb hits, meaning she can start 2B+K BE earlier which prevents the opponent from teching it.

More broken shit.

Ok... I'm going to reveal something that every viola player should read. It's been a secrete of mine for quite some time and the reason I can consistently do effective 66a combos without fail. Most people probably don't know me but that will change at SCR and FR. I will start off by saying I use to watch futurestars vids when the first one had like 3 views on it and definitely before they got uploaded in 8way. I studied these vids like homework. For the most part Star did 66a's perfectly timed for alot of his combos to connect. However, how effective would this be in tournament play? I'm simply revealing this in hopes to see more viola's topping other then LP and that includes myself. My first major I will be attending ever in SCV will be Final Round and as mentioned above I will be at SCR.

The secrete is simple
It's buffered input :
For Instance, off of a (w/o orb 4b) the known BE combo is 4b, 2(b+k) BE, 6(b+k), B, aab, 66b, 66(a+b).
notice how the B is underlined. You can change the b for a 66a if you do 1 of 2 things.
66a being the better option overall if you can do it consistently because it opens up all the thing's Star does in his videos.

1. do a perfectly timed 66a which is hard to do and definitely not consistent.
2. buffer 4 right before 2(b+k) BE. So 4b, 4, 2(b+k) BE, 6(b+k), 66a, etc. etc.

To prove this really does work i'll take the same 4b to use as a example. It should be mentioned this buffer can be used before any 2(b+k) BE inside of a combo.

EX. So lets take 4b again:
4b, 2(b+k) BE, 6(a+b) and we can stop there because 6(a+b) will whiff.

Now try my method:
4b, 4, 2(b+k) BE, 6(a+b) as you see this WILL connect and you can continue your combo to your liking.

Why does this work?
It works like RCC, infact RCC will work the same way but I find 4 to be more consistent and better overall when used in these combos. Don't know if this has been known but incase it hasn't WALA :)

Nice Find!!!! :D need to test it out asap.

Btw, I'm trying to get better with Viola/Tira... If you (or anyone) want to add me my psn is alexiserf (Could be good practice for SCR). I hate ranked matches and am always looking for SCV friends :P

Nice Find!!!! :D need to test it out asap.

Btw, I'm trying to get better with Viola/Tira... If you (or anyone) want to add me my psn is alexiserf (Could be good practice for SCR). I hate ranked matches and am always looking for SCV friends :P

No problem. Ill send you a FR, if we get a good connection im definitely up for some games.

Ok... I'm going to reveal something that every viola player should read. It's been a secrete of mine for quite some time and the reason I can consistently do effective 66a combos without fail. Most people probably don't know me but that will change at SCR and FR. I will start off by saying I use to watch futurestars vids when the first one had like 3 views on it and definitely before they got uploaded in 8way. I studied these vids like homework. For the most part Star did 66a's perfectly timed for alot of his combos to connect. However, how effective would this be in tournament play? I'm simply revealing this in hopes to see more viola's topping other then LP and that includes myself. My first major I will be attending ever in SCV will be Final Round and as mentioned above I will be at SCR.

The secrete is simple
It's buffered input :
For Instance, off of a (w/o orb 4b) the known BE combo is 4b, 2(b+k) BE, 6(b+k), B, aab, 66b, 66(a+b).
notice how the B is underlined. You can change the b for a 66a if you do 1 of 2 things.
66a being the better option overall if you can do it consistently because it opens up all the thing's Star does in his videos.

1. do a perfectly timed 66a which is hard to do and definitely not consistent.
2. buffer 4 right before 2(b+k) BE. So 4b, 4, 2(b+k) BE, 6(b+k), 66a, etc. etc.

To prove this really does work i'll take the same 4b to use as a example. It should be mentioned this buffer can be used before any 2(b+k) BE inside of a combo.

EX. So lets take 4b again:
4b, 2(b+k) BE, 6(a+b) and we can stop there because 6(a+b) will whiff.

Now try my method:
4b, 4, 2(b+k) BE, 6(a+b) as you see this WILL connect and you can continue your combo to your liking.

Why does this work?
It works like RCC, infact RCC will work the same way but I find 4 to be more consistent and better overall when used in these combos. Don't know if this has been known but incase it hasn't WALA :)
Um, the only people who dont know you are scrubs. Dude, you had one of the best SCIV Takis.

Whhhy's this thread dead? :( Anyway, since I just came back to playing SC5, trying to get better and all. Here's a few vids of my Viola. I been using her since SC5 came out. Im not up to date with combos with her. But yeah.. just wanted to share her with everyone else and a few good matches with her. :)

Whhhy's this thread dead? :( Anyway, since I just came back to playing SC5, trying to get better and all. Here's a few vids of my Viola. I been using her since SC5 came out. Im not up to date with combos with her. But yeah.. just wanted to share her with everyone else and a few good matches with her. :)

You're pretty good, just out of date. The new combo is

3B AAB 2A+B 2B+K BE 6B+K 66A AAB 66B 66A+B

The 6B+K part, you can use either B or 66A. B is easier for some but 66A does more damage.

Don't use ORB 8A+B unless you know it will hit (such as after a counter hit BBB) because it's death on block.

Incorporate her 6B+K mixups. If you did, that'd help you're game tremendously with 6B+K 6B 3B, 6B+K 1K A_B+G, etc, etc.

When you use 44A BE , which you should try to do much more given it's damage, after the second orb hit you should cancel it into 6B+K on hit and on block. If it's on hit you can do 6B+K 6B 3B guaranteed. If they block the 44A BE then do the same thing. Force them to guess correctly after they just blocked death by Viola and continuously mix them up. Keep forcing them to guess and eventually they will make a mistake, and when they do, you need to crush them for it.

In a nutshell, use 6B+K mixups! :D

Thank you thank you. I'll go sit in training and learn that combo. =) And yeah I know I was lacking my 6K+B mix ups just a bit. I have to get into the habit of doing that again.

But thank you for the feedback! =D

More specifically, good times to use :6::B+K: are after landing :8::A+B:, SET :B::B::B: or an ORB A-throw, or whenever you've blocked a move or are otherwise at advantage and in range. Don't get too predictable, though!

I also wouldn't do the SET :1::A+B:, :6::6::A+B::B: combo. I only really do SET :1::A+B: after :6::B+K: anyway, but if I hit with it normally, I would use a :6::B+K: mixup rather than complete the combo, because it's such low damage and can be escaped with an ukemi, putting you at huge disadvantage.

And throw moar!

Back