Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown

yo um how's el blaze in that game?lol I was thinking of just picking him up as my 1st char....
He's good. I know jack about Blaze, but Swordlord's always gave me fits in vanilla.
and goddamn akira's knee boooooo alpha's 1B:B is 10x easier than that knee input....
I can do 1B:B and I never use Apat outside of story mode. That knee, you have to nail that one frame window. Doesn't really matter though since it's mainly about his dragon lance combo and his double palm in combos.

Handy play list:

2p on block leaves the attacker at disadvantage. An elbow tends to shut that down from there.

What's up with the okizeme?

If you knock the opponent down, it's like... you're subjected to a 50/50 mixup if you don't back off?

I've never seen people really explain it, it's not like SC where it's "3B them when they are on the ground."

The rising attacks leave them at disadvantage if they're blocked.

In vanilla VF5 at least, attacks that do more damage than the WR attack will cancel it. WR attacks can also be sabakied.

Don't forget to watch what position the person is downed in. A lot of face down rising attacks can be sidestepped, although it's somewhat character dependent.

But if you end up sidestepping a rising attack you're guaranteed a combo for the most part.

Also, a rising attack on hit is only +2 or +3 it looks like. So they're hardly at any sort of real advantage. And since they removed delayed rising attacks from the game, you shouldn't really ever be counterhit by a rising attack, unless you're trying to crush it like Marginal said above.

when two moves hit at the same time, the move that does more damage always win, a 2P only does 9 damage, so yes, knees, and mid kicks will stuff 2P's if they collide on the same frame.

This is how you stuff wake up attacks too. using a stronger move that beats out the rising kicks.

when two moves hit at the same time, the move that does more damage always win, a 2P only does 9 damage, so yes, knees, and mid kicks will stuff 2P's if they collide on the same frame.

This is how you stuff wake up attacks too. using a stronger move that beats out the rising kicks.
So does this mean a double KO is impossible?

Just uploaded like 30+ more match videos on my youtube page, www.youtube.com/johochef

gl0ry85 and GentlemenThief are among the top players on the East Coast so check those matches out, good Taka vs. Jean action.

Here's a small taste.

People keep telling me about the "Jean-Army" online... but I've played 110 matches now and only faced two other Jeans....

All I see is non-stop scrubby Jacky.

I saw the Jean army. Also see the Jacky scrubs mashing on flash kick. Lion is pissing me off though.

Other than that the game is hot.

Here's a small taste.
Nice entrance Jean!

These guys make the game look pretty good!

Are there taunts in this game, or do you have to "get creative" with your disrespect?

I remember at NCR, there was a player who kept taunting with Taka, but that may have been some kind of counter-stance?

There is no dedicated taunt button, with Brad I just duck and sway and slip and dance myself to victory.

What's up with the okizeme?

If you knock the opponent down, it's like... you're subjected to a 50/50 mixup if you don't back off?

I've never seen people really explain it, it's not like SC where it's "3B them when they are on the ground."

If they exact recover (which they should most of the time) they'll get up quickly and you can apply mixup pressure. If they stay on the floor you can react and get free extra damage (light down attack) every time and if predicted, heavy damage (heavy down atteck). Rising attacks only apply if they don't quick recover from the floor and these can be baited made to whiff and punished.

Back