Voldo General

Manta

[10] Knight
Oh snap? Is Voldo crazier than ever this time around?

Yah, I think he is.

Discuss.

-Manta-

Quick question: Voldo's BS WR A and his BS 236A are the same move, but seem to have different stun properties. Or am I slightly crazy?

No point in doing BS WR A sadly, as it's property is oddly different from BCR A.

-Manta-

Copy from cf.com

How fast is Sophitias AA? Isn't it like i12/i13? Because when I do 4A, I can hit her with BS AA before she hits me with AA.

Honestly, 4A is brutal. Gives almost no disadvantage on block, massive frameadvantage on hit and goes BS.

EDIT: I tried it against Voldo. I do 4A, he blocks, and I can hit him BOTH with BS AA and K. Sometimes I hit him first with 6A as well, and sometimes we both hit eachother.

If the framedata is correct (and the 4A framedata is wrong), it should be like +-0 or +1 on block if I'm not all wrong!

What are your guys' basic strategy while in BS with Voldo. He's got a lot of new moves so what are you guys working with now?

Do his lows still give the same advantage and same basic followups?

BT:

A:
AA - i11
1A - Sparingly, it's not all safe
2A
4A - + much on block.
44A - At right distance. Sparingly. Good combodamage.
236A - Great move! Good combodamage, safe, goes under high. Good range.

B:
6B_6 - sometimes, to use if you want to enter MC. Not using this often.
66B - Safe, great range. Linear though.
1 - Only as AT.
3B - Safe launch

2K - low
Throws - Great as he can step on the side of linear moves. Often goes to side/back throw.

generally throws, AA's/2A's/2K's,or 236A to setup for combo. If I get them near an edge I look for BT A+B opportunity or 236A combo for RO. BT A+B has proven quite useful in my voldo game.

anyone have problems hitting 2 buttons at once with voldo?
like one input won't be registered?
was playing online to mess around with voldo and whenever i tried 2a+b, i would sometime get 2a or 2b. lost a few cuz of it :P

I haven't had a problem with 2A+B, but a lot of people have problems in mantis and landfish with 2 button inputs. And that's just while offline. Online I can imagine would have more problems like yours.

for some reason, it just seems to be online. in practice mode i can do 2a+b all i want, but then online, 2a's or 2b's are teh norm :( i rarely get 2a+b and other 2 button inputs :/

Hey, Manta:

Does Voldo's WR combo into anything other than [B+K], [B+k]?

I hope my lingo is correct, I'm a fledgling at both coming to grips with SC4's technical jargon and learning Voldo well enough to compete in tournaments.

By all accounts you are the Voldo Masta, so if anyone can answer my question it's you, although if anyone else has input I'm glad to soak it up. Thanks!

yo
I have some question for match up

looks like our voldo has trouble dealing with amy
any suggestion how to fight her?

expecially her 3BA set up like :
3BA
3B, 2B+K ( trust the leg LOL )
3B, Throw
3B, BB or AA

what can voldo do againts it?
Thx before :)

expecially her 3BA set up like :
3BA
3B, 2B+K ( trust the leg LOL )
3B, Throw
3B, BB or AA

Try using FC A+K. That should beat 3BA, 3B 2B+K, and 3B Throw.

With most characters when my friend does 3B I try to just do a 9B as it stuffs the A follow up and 3B by its self is pretty unsafe.

anyone have problems hitting 2 buttons at once with voldo?
like one input won't be registered?
This happens when you input a 2 button input with A just before an A or A combination (A+B, A+K, G+A). the A will not register as normal if you do it too quickly.

Also this makes you FAIL.

Hey, Manta: Does Voldo's WR combo into anything other than [B+K], [B+k]? By all accounts you are the Voldo Masta, so if anyone can answer my question it's you
Do you spit or swallow? You can do WR [ B], A+B~[6]. Stick with B+K's, though. And try not to fail any harder than you already do.

Our local Voldo FAILS at fighting Amy.
Sorry to hear that. You should probably ostracize him. But if you're intent on letting this reject keep playing with you, tell him the previous answer was correct. FC A+K is your ticket to salvation. This is pretty much the answer to any string which you'll need to block low that can be mixed up.

Also, anti-Amy, 22A to keep her out (she has shit for range), 1B her unblockables (this leads to throw mixups) and look for 3B_3BB opportunities to rape her tiny little soul gauge. Also drink a glass of nails before each match. It won't help your Voldo, but it'll help me.

"Do you spit or swallow?"

Wow, YouAreFail, are you jealous that I hold Manta in high regard?

Because I've never heard of you :/

Quick question ... is Voldo's 22_88 A+B useful for anything, besides getting smacked in the head while doing his silly rain dance?

It's quite a "mystery!"

Back