Voldo Match video and discussion

Cupui

[09] Warrior
Seeing a match video is a good learning

share your video here
discuss and get an evaluation to be a better player :)

me ISCC representatives
here's our ivy match video

Voldo VS Nightmare

Voldo VS Ivy

I know our ivy still need evaluation
so pls help
So we can perform a better match and became a better player

EDIT :
WHOOPS I'm sorry maybe I'm too sleepy when I upload this
I mean voldo of course
I'm sorry mod :)
THX

EDIT: Okay you changed the vids to the Voldo player. Cool. I'm at work now so I can't watch them until I get home, but I'd be happy to look them over when I do get home.

I had a chance to watch them. These are all personal opinions but I didn't see any 3A which I think is a pretty good move considering the damage you can get on CH. 6BB was used a lot which I don't like because it's high, his mileage may vary though. BCR A was thrown out a lot without a whole lot of CR B or CR throws to train people to duck. 66K was used a lot but it's not that great of a move anymore. Not any use of 4A when he had frame advantage and it would've been a safe transition into blind stance that gives him frame advantage on block.

yo SPQR
THX for your advice

I'll extend your advice for our voldo player
because I think our voldo player still don't know what he should do with
the new voldo in SC4. XP

here's our newest voldo match

I think it still not good enough
he just played 1.03 patch
and confused what to do because some of his starter combo is no longer combo

Cupui (Kilik) VS Suncrest ( Voldo)

Cupui ( Raph ) VS Suncrest ( Voldo )

Comment will be appreciated :)

Here's a few. Some pointers would be appreciated. Thank you. Just so you know, these are from online play. So there are some mistakes as in online play you must commit to a move so that it comes out at the optimal time. This is why I missed some guaranteed damage as I wasn't expecting my opponent to get hit.

Enk: First off, great show even for online. Always impressive, your V is solid. I have a question though, what is the best follow up for 1[K]? Is it 2B+K 66 B/K or just 2B+K K?

Also, do you think 44[K] is a viable tech jump, or is it too retarded?

Thank you, Chuck. The followup with the most guaranteed damage is 1[K], BS 2B+K, MCHT K. If you delay MCHT K, to give them time to tech, it will reset combo and hit for it's max damage 20, and still be guaranteed. It's only like 4 extra damage than if you do it without any pause so take it for what you will. I like to 1 and force a mixup online. It's fun. Just the camera angle switching sometimes is kind of bothersome.

I've thought about using 44[K] like that too, I would much rather not charge the K, and land on the ground. The move seems to have a deeper hit box if you don't go into MC with it. So you would see more success connecting with this move if you don't charge it. However, I am not sure how viable it would be as a way to jump and punish lows. Maybe. It would need some testing as I have some theory's about it in close range. I'll check it out later and see what happens, then let you know.

Thanks, I was wondering why I never saw anyone do MCHF 66 B/K, now I know. I have been using 44[k] to punish slow lows like Cervy/Algol 1A for a while and I think it is great, I was just wondering if there is a better tech jump move out there (BS B+K? What is that shit anyway haha)

Another big question is what to do after BS 3B. Since the combo thread hasn't been updated since 1.03 I'm kind of at a loss (other than a ring out with A+B on CH)

As far as tech jump moves, I always use a jumping B. It's fast, safe, and gives some advantage on hit. Normal moves? 66K tech jumps, BS full crouch 2B, BS 2BK, full crouch 2B+K. These all can have their uses.

After BS 3B you can do BS 3B again, or 66K. There are times when I've connected BS 3B, BS 66K, BS 2A+B~G 66. but getting BS 2A+B to hit consistently is a problem. It's still not a bad option to be in MCHT on their wakeup. On a CH BS 3B, D.I.N.O posted a combo on the CF and it was, BS CH3B, BS 3B, (then they will get a weird bounce off the ground) then you finish with BS 22B. This seems like the best combo.

44[K] jumps over ridiculous stuff. After66B normal hit or 66A+B,K block, 44[K] will jump over a lot of their followups, leaving you in MCHT right behind them.

Also Enkindu, I see you like to end combos with 2A+B~CR K into iBS wakes. That's my ender of choice as well. Since it pushes away on hit at the end of a combo, I use 44B a lot since it has the distance to reach them and also hits grounded, in addition to the BCR you use. BS [2]A+B works well too.

If you have 2A+B~CR K blocked, 2_8[A+K] can move you out of the way of vertical ground hits and set you up in MCHT or LFHT. BS 44A will jump lows.

It's also on of the few spots I throw out BS 4KA, since people seem to run into it more often than usual.

After BS 3B you can do BS 3B again, or 66K. There are times when I've connected BS 3B, BS 66K, BS 2A+B~G 66. but getting BS 2A+B to hit consistently is a problem. It's still not a bad option to be in MCHT on their wakeup. On a CH BS 3B, D.I.N.O posted a combo on the CF and it was, BS CH3B, BS 3B, (then they will get a weird bounce off the ground) then you finish with BS 22B. This seems like the best combo.[/QUOTE]

After BS CH3B, 3B, every choice can be ukemed. It seems to be very difficult to a player (exept the cpu) to do an ukemi. I use to do BS CH3B, BS 3B, BS 3B to a not-too-trouble combo for over 90 dmg, but for best damage you can do BS 3B, BS 3B, 2 B+K, 66_K = about 100 dmg, and the choice with the final 66 leaves you in MCHT.. LOL.

Another thing.. I've noticed that after a normal hit BS 3B, if you do BS B, BS 22B It bounces the enemy. Is it real? Because I think it's a good wake up game because catches almost all ukemi, and after the bounce you can do 44 , 66_K, for ridicolous damage..

===================================

Bunch of videos from Dec 20th , finnally I recorded my voldo.
The matches we played were pretty casually , don't be serious :))

fiendchi, i think the vids r great. u were executing just about his entire movelist and with great execution at that. good stuff. :)

Another thing.. I've noticed that after a normal hit BS 3B, if you do BS B, BS 22B It bounces the enemy. Is it real? Because I think it's a good wake up game because catches almost all ukemi, and after the bounce you can do 44 , 66_K, for ridicolous damage..

That bounce happens when you hit them as if they were standing. So that means you must've hit them when they tech'd.

Back