Voldo Q&A / General Discussion

Neutral superfreak does not evade throws. I think that the only use is when the guard is flashing in red to avoid a guard break.

Maybe to avoid to guard the last hit of a combo string, particularly if there is a mixup mid/low.

Off topic....but........anybody use 44K? I dont think ive ever connected with it . Even when it seems like maybe it should hit, it whiffs.

I do, but I probably shouldnt. If you time certain whiffed moves, you can either go over the top and connect, or just flat out beat them, if you start way early and let them run into it. There are PLENTY of moves that are better suited for punishing whiffs, but I like to make him look as weird as possible.

Neutral superfreak does not evade throws. I think that the only use is when the guard is flashing in red to avoid a guard break.

Maybe to avoid to guard the last hit of a combo string, particularly if there is a mixup mid/low.
There are some strings it will avoid completely and even allow you to punish. I know Rugi 2KB is one. There are others I'm sure but I don't know any right off the top of my head.

spqr is right about voldo blind stepG and qsG, they are still in even after 1.03, it's a feature. if he couldn't do it, his back is exposed to all sorts of nasty attacks in the back.

wait, is there extra damage for attack in the back? voldo needs his back turned all the time, but does this also mean extra risk of there is extra damage back turned not just back throw risk?

Someone can explain clearly how to perform a stepG / qsG and a real example to test in the lab ? I never used that (when I'm backturned I prefer attack, but maybe I miss something big).

when back turned, press any direction and press guard, you will cancel out of moving motion and guard instantly in either back step or quick step

Ok, that's simple, I thinked that there was something like 4G or another thing (was a glitch before the patch for all other characters, I suppose).

I've seen people mantis 66 into B+K. How do you cancel the 66 recovery? Is it JF timing similar to his A+Bg cancels?

I've seen people mantis 66 into B+K. How do you cancel the 66 recovery? Is it JF timing similar to his A+Bg cancels?
You can only cancel MCHT/MCFT 66 with B+K when the opponent is airborne. So in order to get the MCHT 66, MCHT B+K combo you must hit B+K after knocking them down and before they hit the ground. So yes just consider it JF timing on hit.

Another thing :

After a B+G throw, Voldo seems to be in Mantis. Sometimes, I can 66 in mantis (FT :( ), but I don't know how exactly. When I try this in lab, Voldo get up after the anim and I'm not in mantis.

Voldo is waaaay to sexy for me to be able to predict how to move with this master dancer. I've struggle against Voldo simply from not knowing what his general strategy is and simply his animations are weird and sexy. So which moves do Voldo's generally like to use? What are some of his unsafe tactics? Perhaps I'll even give him a quick training session with him later on.
I play Yoshi as a main and second as Asty.

Another thing :

After a B+G throw, Voldo seems to be in Mantis. Sometimes, I can 66 in mantis (FT :( ), but I don't know how exactly. When I try this in lab, Voldo get up after the anim and I'm not in mantis.
Voldo stays in Mantis after his CR B+G throw, not his standing B+G throw, unless I am missing something in what you said.

do the callisto rush moves have the same frame as while rising moves? or do they have extra frames from going into callisto rush?

so compare iWR vs callisto rush, which one is faster? every other character need to learn some iWR motion because some of their best moves are in there, but can voldo substitute with callisto rush and get away with it? I just started learning voldo the other day so I am not sure how useful his WR attacks are.

so compare iWR vs callisto rush, which one is faster? every other character need to learn some iWR motion because some of their best moves are in there, but can voldo substitute with callisto rush and get away with it? I just started learning voldo the other day so I am not sure how useful his WR attacks are.
CR is useful for closing distance and for CR A+B ring outs. His only iWR moves you should really consider using are WR K], and his BS ones. iWR is faster as there is no stance startup. But you can use either one depending on what you feel like doing. Just make sure to only use WR AA as a whiff punish.

iWR forces you to go into crouch state first before you can attack though, that didn't someone mention it takes 7 frames for iWR motion if done correctly? how many frames is CR start up before you can attack?

You have to either play against him or play voldo to really learn to know whats up with him since he moves so retarded

Back