Voldo Videos Thread

I have been playing Voldo again. Here is the archive for a tournament we held last Saturday. Any tips would be appreciated.

http://www.avoidingthepuddle.com/news/2012/4/22/421-sc5-stream-archive-plus-raffle-winner.html[/quote]

Good stuff for the most part but I think you did CR 3, B,B too much. Those guys seemed to be unfamiliar with Voldo in general but a player more experienced with that matchup will eith JG or SS it everytime. I also noticed that you didn't follow up 2A+B after you landed his BS B+K. Was that for oki reasons or did you not know about it? Other than that bro, really great stuff and congrats on placing.

Your'e right about the WS BB3 thing. About the BS B+K to 2A+B, I just haven't programmed it into my muscle memory yet. Soon enough. Thanks for the tips.

Simple question: For those of you who use sticks, how the crap do you input Left Left Left B (666B from the right side) fast enough to be pulling it off? Can't do it for the life of me.

-Che

I use the inside of my thumb. You don't have to input it super fast. You just have to make sure you do 3 total 6 inputs. Holding the last 6 can help.

Here are couple sets I ran within the past couple weeks online. Let me know your thoughts and critiques.

Thanks to all for watching.

It's difficult to critique you playing against opponents inexperienced in the Voldo match up. But there were a few things I noticed.
1) The biggest one of them all was you don't use your meter. I only saw you use 2 BE's and not even one CE during all those matches.
2) Hit confirmation. You dropped quite a few combos from not confirming the hit/CH. Though this could have also been lag there is no way for me to tell. :P
3)Your combos. Pretty much every time you did BS 6B6B or WR AA you tried to follow it up with A+B3, CR A+B but this doesn't work. This is where you need to be using your meter and using 66B BE as a follow up to them both. Also when you were landing BS WR B you were doing BS 6B6B. The better option is BS WR B, BS 4K, BS 66K, BS 66B.

Just a few comments from the peanut gallery. Also welcome to 8WR and the Voldo SA. :)

Some of those dropped combos were lag induced, others were input error. I believe in one the videos i land BS 66B, i wanted to follow up with 666B but somehow i managed to input K, just K. -__-But yeah I really rarely use meter, and was completely unaware I could use 66B[BE] after WS AA or 6B6B. I will definitely use it more. I know the 4K etc. combo after BS WS B. Its just not in my muscle memory just yet. I remembered to do that maybe a handful of time.

Right now I use A+B,3 to keep pressure until my opponent actively stops it. Thanks for the welcome. I've been a lurker for a moment. Been playing since Soul Blade. It feels good to be here

Back