Voldo's ring-out moves?

Sporko

Big Gimpin
A thread over on gamefaqs got me thinking...I know people say Voldo's ringout game is pretty subpar and from my own experience that does not seem to be wrong but I'm not quite as familiar with his entire moveset as the experts. I figured a thread that listed all of his possible ring-out moves could both help Voldo players and Voldo haters alike by teaching *us* how to ring people out and help others figure out what situations to avoid.

So I'll start with the only ways I know how to ring people out with voldo.

MCR 66 with katars facing opponent (is there a specific notation for mantis crawl with katars facing opponent versus mantis crawl with feet facing opponent?)

66A
BS 6B from crouch
236B
BS 1A (I have only rung somebody out with this once and I've done it to people at the edge of the stage tons of times so I imagine the angle has to be pretty specific for this to work)

And while it never seems to be quite enough to ring people out on its own, with the assistance of BB or BS BB to push them a little further, I've also rung people out with

BS 3B
BS 22K

Throws
front A+G throw but that's only at very specific positions/angles
Left-back throw (Fool's Inquest). Still has to be at a specific position but I seem to get a surprising number of ringouts with this.

anyhow, I'm sure there has to be more than this, but it's all I know for certain can work, so feel free to add whatever you know (I'd imagine BS 66K would work but I've never used it against an opponent at rings edge).

I'd be especially interested in ringout options for Voldo that involved Voldo being at the ring edge instead of the opponent.

When the opponent is at the edge, all you have to do is CR B...

If your back is at the edge, you need to be a little original : side step, side step, CR B.

Why people think Voldo is an expert character is beyond me.

Check out the Calibur Forum ring out thread where Esom listed a ton of them including some combos:
http://caliburforum.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=34830

Also, yeah, people usually write MCHT for Mantis Crawl Head Towards and then MCFT for Feet Towards.

I haven't figured out the specific situation that 1A rings out on either, but it seems to usually be when they've been knocked down already. Can't replicate it in practice though.

The reason you can get the side throw to ring out so much is because if their back is to the edge and you do one of his BS throws he'll wrap around and often be in the perfect position to ring them out.

There aren't any real ring out options for you while you're own back is to the ring. It's probably better to try switching positions with a jump grab or something. There's also a bug where if you stun them, and aB,B they'll slide behind you. It has a very slight chance to ring out, and it seems to ring out more to the left then to behind.

Voldo actually isn't subpar at ring outs, but it was a lot easier when stuff like the current 1A(always), BS 1A, and 66B used to ring out in the previous games. It took a while to really figure out his ring out game. You don't have as many in your face mixups, but you can ring out with your opponent being a further distance away from the edge now so people won't even realize they're in a ring out situation.

Alright, before I was just listing moves off the top of my head but taking just a few minutes in training has reminded me of quite a few more ringout moves. Still, as far as I know all of them involve the opponent being at ring edge when you do it.

Reliable ring-out moves

3BB, I don't know how in the world I forgot that one. I get more ringouts with that move than any other.

66A+B

22_88K

BS 66K
BS 4K

Iffy ringout moves

1A. Apparently this can still ringout. Still it seems rare and the opponent seemingly has to be on the very, very edge of the ring.

66A+B, K. This will work but you have to approach from an awkward side angle or have them trapped in a corner.

BS 22_88B, but you have to follow it up with BB to knock them further away.

So im finding the above move is coming into play a little bit when the opponent is getting up off the floor (is that waking up in 8WR language?), especially if delayed in some instances. Im just interested to see what people tend to follow this up with? Iv tried B+K which looks pretty trick but i thought there may be a better follower which damages more...

Discuss and share knowledge. :)

The Voldozer
[youtube="Voldo BS 22K[K]~MCFT A+K, 66 RO"]HFNt0DEgg4U[/youtube]
Dunno why the embedding is lowering the quality.

When the opponent is at the edge, all you have to do is CR B...

If your back is at the edge, you need to be a little original : side step, side step, CR B.

CR B works, but, man I hate that move. Not much damage, punishable as hell, and if you try to ring somebody out with it it seems to be pretty easy to sidestep, at which point half the time you're *giving* your opponent a free ring out on you while you're vulnerable. If your opponent is at the rings edge already I think there are way better RO options than CR B.

If you try to RO Sieg or NM with CR B and they block, it almost goes without saying, be prepared to counter the incoming over toss

Just putting down some stuff off the top of my head.

Facing:
236B = tracks pretty well, but is predictable on the edge.
1K into 6:6B = rings out nice and far, used if they start guessing your 236B.
FC 3B = Good from a distance, but unless pressured, good players will step.

Blind stance:
BS FC B = On normal hit sends them flying back, it's a tech crouching, tech jumping mid ~ very sweet =)
BS 4K,A = Risky, but sends 'em a good distance.
BS A+B = That auto-GI is sweet to wall Splat combo or RO after a wiffed GI with some good momentum.

It's just what I'm using as of late ; as far as combos, a CH BS B+K, 2A+B, (stand cancel or SCC) 2A+B 236B rings out best from BS. 100+ damage each time too =)

Use BS B+K from a medium distance only, at close it'll magically wiff for no reason.

-Manta-

Edit: Hmm, seems I wasn't inputting A+K soon enough.

Gotta say this is pretty fun.

Yo Chaos, sup. Didn´t we V-mirror the other day on PSN?

non-RO: BS 22_88K[K], MCFT 6A+K, MCFT B

Although I always feel a little parlor-tricky when using this it´s good stuff nevertheless.
Ok-ish mixup when they´re afraid of your BS CR B.

Never attempt a slow mid like 22_88K with voldo to RO, thats just playing with fire and soley based on luck.
Instead either abuse voldos aBBB bounce glitch or get into BS and 22_88KK wait for lineup and 4K_[K]A_B
Ive RO'ed everyone i RO'ed with this last method anyway, and thats alot of people.
Another good RO method is 236B btw. Go for low, people are to scared of voldo to block low because most of voldo's kockback moves are vertical or mid ranged. (G3B or BS 66A for instance) At least the above advice is what has always worked for me.

Back