11_77B
33_99B
2B
44B at tip range

tracking mids that could probably be used as a tech trap
33_99k:B
44AB
44K(?)

In general on wake-ups after most stuns (i.e prep BBB:B combo ender) I use 1BB / 44AB. First deals ground damage, second will beat any ukemi (can be guarded), deals guard damage, forces crouch and leave you advantaged in prep.

Any ideas?

Some that you missed:
A+BA
Prep>K:K
8B
[6 ]K
FC3B
1A
FC2B
FC2K
AB *2nd hit
02_8AB *2nd hit

For tracking tech I favor moves like:
BB
iWSA
AB
44A
3A

Please confirm my findings:

After you do either knockdown GI, BB will connect if they tech immediately any direction.

If an opponent begins to roll, A+B,A will all connect.

After 236B, BB will connect if they tech immediately any direction.

After CH WS B, 44B will always connect and under certain situations grant you the full Cranial Scraper.

CH 2A gives you +8, for a good setup into WS B, throw, whatever. On block, it's -6 making an immediate Quick Parade (active i5... -6 + 5 = i11-i20~) a viable choice for those who abuse high and mid horizontals. Of course there is step/VE, block, 44B, etc.

44B actually tracks decently.

My mind is cluttered. That's all I can think of right now. Look forward to seeing what else people have going on.

HolyForce:
236B , BB tech catches normal and back tech, sidetech can block.
CH WS B doesnt hit grounded, 25 dmg on normal and back tech, AT on sidetech

after 4_1G traps only upclose, A+B,A will connect otg too but not consistant and depends on the type of atack GI-ed i think.

great finds overall.

Good lookin' on the 236B, BB side recoveries.

I wasn't claiming WSB hit grounded; I was leading into the ground game afterwords (the 44B)

Thanks for your assistance!

I've got one. After 66B, 11B (right as the crumple is ending). Puts them in another falling stun. Im testing now to see If I get anything from there as well. It seems like if you wait a split second, BB becomes unblockable after 11B

236B tech traps front normal and back after CH 6A. 3B catches all but sides after 236B. 66A+B catches some stuff after 66 (wait for prep to end). 66K 66B. CH 6B+K 66A+B

Are you supposed to time 236B in a specific manner after a CH 6A? Since they have that little stun animation, couldn't you just do a 11B or 2A+B? And again, wouldn't 2A+B be a better option after a 66K?

I want to hear more experienced players opinion on a VE wake up I've been doing lately.

When I knock an opponent down, if I'm not going for the obvious 66A+B/11B grounded, 33KB wakeups, I try to time their tech to my VE and mix up from there. Usually either doing VE A or K.(VE B:B hits high, too risky)

Is this a viable wakeup? I'm not talking prep VE or 22B...I'm talking I run up to them and B+K

I've got punished doing it before, but it's just so fun to pull out on people that I want to keep working at it, but if there's some "auto-shutdown" to it, then I'll stop.

Ruiner

There's really no inherent strategy to doing VE on wake up other than just trying to force them to guess between A or throw. I use it once in a while if I get a flash knockdown and I think the opponent would tap G to instantly get up. It's not something you can use every time, but mixing it in with the 66A+B and 1A's is just fine.

I used to work in the run up VE strat, but it only works till your comp just stays down. VE A is not great on block (duck + punish) VE K is slow and unsafe (I use it sometimes, but mostly looking for RO), so your options are pretty limited from VE. If you think about it you would be better off running up for 66A+B / throw mixup since at least 66A+B will even hit grounded (they can roll away, but it can hit) or even A+B A. This doesn't commit you to VE, and gives you many more options (which will lead to more damage)

True...I've been upping my competition lately, and I noticed now that I"m playing better players....VE A is getting ducked/punished more frequently(before it was....never?)....So yes, I stopped relying on it and now it's something I do on a random wakeup.

66A+B/1A/33KB it is.

Ruiner

I don't think this has been posted so, after 66B you can pause briefly and do 44B for Tech trap, I haven't tested all directions yet but it works so far.

44B is a solid Tech Trap period. Ask Trolt how many times I got that on him, all Raphael players need to know about this as more then just a counter attack tool.

Ruiner

Only things I know it Tech traps on all directions are 66B (pause briefly for the stun to start to wear off)

And WSB

I've gotten it off of prep A several times but I never really tested it so I don't know if it's only in certain directions or what.

44B is a solid Tech Trap period. Ask Trolt how many times I got that on him, all Raphael players need to know about this as more then just a counter attack tool.

Ruiner

yes it ate it like fruit loops. Even twice in a row once. Thats 120 damage :p
btw Nightmare eats me alive for the same reason .. I tech more than I should

Only thing I hate about 44B is you basically need mid-range or barely short/mid range to pull it off, because forward moving attacks will kill it in its tracks. (Taki's crap, Vader's 4B, etc)

Ruiner

Yup, CH WSB -> 44B is a good tech trap, only escapable by a backwards tech where they can block. Best used near a wall/edge.

The best part of 44B is even if they don't tech, most of the time if you're doing it from the appropriate range, it's going to hit grounded anyway. I've yet to see if they're able to roll it in time.....

Ruiner

Back