Was Taki an expy of Meiko Kaji as Lady Snowblood?

LibertoMMA

[01] Neophyte
A redditor told me not only does Taki resemble Meiko Kaji, but she has her same fiery yet disciplined personality in her role in the movie Lady Snowblood and even some moves and stances in Soul Calibur can be found in the the Lady Snowblood movies. Esp when Yuki (Kaji's character) is using a knife and short sword dual combo in some scenes.

Some pics from the movie.

72c048c7-795f-4cb8-83b6-069b0b047183.jpg

maxresdefault (1).jpg

Lady-Snowblood-Filmstill-04-c-Rapid-Eye-Movies.jpg.png

Trailer for movie.

I haven't watched the movie yet and just ordered it on Blu Ray earlier this morning after being told by the person on reddit picked Meiko as most likely candidate for Taki's face model as well as celeb who Taki looks most similar too. But already in the pic I can see not only a face very similar to Taki but her basic personality as well as some techniques in her move list in the game. Honestly just seeing the original movietrailer is like seeing Taki come to life!

What does everybody else think? Does Meiko look very much like a real life Taki? Recognize Taki's fighting style and her warrior spirit?

giphy.gif

This must be a troll post.

Great movie btw.
Based on the triple threads on Taki by this user in the span of minutes, I'm going to guess the post is most likely sincere and enthusiastic. But I'm far more certain that, regardless, almost everyone coming to this thread will immediately arrive at the same obvious conclusion, already succinctly delivered by Dante. Lady Snowblood's fighting style, weaponry, garb, general presentation, backstory, pathos, and motivation are all much more strongly paralleled in Setsuka than in Taki; really the only dimension in which Taki and Oyuki are more closely aligned is their ethnicity, and even then, the overall visual design of Setsuka is still so much closer.

On a side note: how tempting would it be to edit 'Flower of Carnage' into Setsuka's trailer when it arrives?

Last edited:
Back