WE WANT YOU! 8WAYRUN is looking for writers

8WAYRUN is accepting applications for multiple writers for the front page and forum moderators. Times they are a changing and some of our staff has other obligations to take care of. So in the effort to usher some new blood into the ranks, we are accepting applications.

If you want to help the community out and you feel you can help us in any of these endeavors, feel free to apply.

Writer - We need columnists and guys to do news updates. Applicants can email 8waywriterapp@gmail.com Please include a bit about yourself and why you think you're an ideal candidate for the writer staff of 8wayrun. Be sure to include writing samples as well and don't be boring.

Forum Moderators – We are always looking for active members that want to contribute to the community if you wish to apply send an email to 8waymodapp@gmail.com Include the name of the forum you wish to apply to in the title of the email, a bit about your history with the community and why you believe you would make a good addition to the 8wayrun staff.

Just to clarify, there is no monetary compensation from 8wayrun for these services. This is a community thing so all you get is the love of the community, and lets face it all you need is love. So expect your due compensation :)

Thank you for your time

I'd apply myself, because I'm not a terrible writer, but because I'm self conscious of people reading mine, I nominate Chuck the Landslide because he's awesome, even if he might not have the time. :3

I would love to apply Bibulus, but I would like one bit of clarification please.

When you mean writing samples is there a limit to how long? What exactly are you looking for? And would you prefer it as an attachment or just copy paste?

Ok, I've written an application for the position of 2nd Viola moderator - that board could do with some work and I am active and experienced enough to handle it on top of my Alpha duties I feel.
Got a lot of love for my Psychic secondary, lol.

There is no limit to writing samples, feel free to go nuts. But don't expect me to read them all.

Also there is a possibility of payed positions on staff in the future, but the pay will be based on what we can afford and as such will seem trivial to most people. Don't do it for the pay, do it because you like the community. Then money might just start showing up as a result.

There is no limit to writing samples, feel free to go nuts. But don't expect me to read them all.

Also there is a possibility of payed positions on staff in the future, but the pay will be based on what we can afford and as such will seem trivial to most people. Don't do it for the pay, do it because you like the community. Then money might just start showing up as a result.
Ok then, I will write up something and send the email later tonight.

What do writers um... write?

Is it more of "here's some random clips and interview stuff - go typeset it and make it shmancey", or is it more of "go write a completely original article once a week"?

Just so you guys know mods get tons of bitches, almost as much as the writer staff

There are multiple columns I need people to write, it's going to go a little something like this. Write about __________ and have it done by next week. If you have an original idea for a column, feel free to pitch it in the application.

Then there are just standard bits of news. Basically coverage of events, news that effects the community and other assorted stuff that belongs on the front page.

If you have quality bitches I'm down. White girls, black girls, its all good. Now if you have some bad Spanish bitches consider me all in.

So I have realized that you all want money, so how about this. Someone figure out how to get a big name sponsor to pick up our website, you guys get DrPepper in the header and now we can afford to actually pay people.

These fuckers hear money and now that's all they can think about, so if you want money help us get some

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mrdaniyel
Back